December Snowflakes 2014 ***Come and join!!***

Things have been crazy. I want back to the hospital a few days ago for another IV and they put in a Picc line so that I don't have to keep going back. I have been able to keep down more food the last few days.

omg yoshi it's amazing you're so sick! I am a nurse and rarely if ever have I seen a pregnant woman need a PICC for nausea or vomiting :( hope you continue to improve!

Hello new ladies :D

Yoshi that's mad! Its good you've started keeping something down. Hopefully this is the end of it...

I slept ALL night last night! Didn't even get up for a wee! Amazing! Still had crazy dreams.

dreams are a double edged sword for me. they are so disruptive and creepy most nights that it's just disturbing, and I'm happy to wake up from them just to know they're not real. But OTOH I'm glad to have them as they are always a symptom of pregnancy for me.

so I've read recently that the only tea you "should have" while pregnant (and we all know we're not "allowed" to eat anything but dry toast right) is decaf black tea. the only decaf black tea I could find is tazo chai. but that has rooibos in it (which I know little about). It seems a lot of you are British, do you have any insight into this tea thing?

I've never heard that about tea - obviously it's got caffeine in it so there's a limited amount you can have but that's all I know.

The insomnia is continuing... And I'm getting more and more worried about the scan. I can't go through that trauma again of being told at the scan there's no heartbeat. One minute I'm telling myself it can't happen again, the next I'm saying "but what if it does...?"

Rae I have no idea! Non tea drinker!

Conina when is your scan? I'm sure all will be fine. Can you get in soon?? :hugs:

Is a pressure feeling normal? I have a kind of heavy pressure feeling going on, kind of in my perinium area. Its not too bad, just noticeable. Been quite stretchy twingey this week.

I still drink normal caffinated tea, I only have two cups a day but I cannot wake up without them.

I'm assuming by black they just mean normal de caff tea with no milk?

It's a wonder we're allowed to eat or drink anything anymore :haha:

Tbh (beat me with a stick if you like) I don't take much notice (within reason) of all the things you can and can't have! With Archie I craved rare steak so rare steak is what I had... seriously I even had dreams about it!

Apart from the obviously dangerous things I will allow myself to have what I want.... everything in moderation ;)

Zig - scan is next Tues. I don't think I can get in any earlier but I'm going to be on tenterhooks until then...

Beautiful - there's definitely an argument that happy mum=happy baby. But as you say, within reason!!

I stopped drinking tea and coffee because it was making me feel nauseous not because of the caffeine in it as I know 200mg a day is ok and I only ever had half teaspoon of coffee granules or one tea, i went onto vanilla rooibus tea, its just redbush tea with its proper name :haha: has no caffeine and it good for you.

The only things my doctor here told me to avoid food wise was liver, pate, blue cheeses (don't like any of them anyway :rofl:) and soft cheese. Also some weird cypriot bean but as I have no idea what it is i can pretty much guarantee i won't be having any!!

Oh gregs theres a list as long as your arm on the nhs website :haha:

I don't like any of them either :sick:

Not really having too many dreams myself, but have had some here and there. A couple have been bad, but luckily I don't remember them, just the scared feeling I had from them.

Pressure feeling is normal. I still get that every so often. And of course the stretchy feeling is normal too.

My doc gave a long list of things too. I tried to stay away from the caffeine and she actually told me to have a cup a day cause I was getting headaches. Withdrawal much, lol. I was missing my cup of coffee, so I'd have a little Mt dew to take the edge and it seems to work. Definitely not eating as healthy with this one, but still sticking to the dos and don'ts. What I wouldn't give for a medium porter house from outback! I've literally boycotted steak as I can't have it the way I want it!

Not too long to go conina, keep, positive and rant here if you need to :D

My rant today is.... I have my scan tomorrow following the spotting, and OH just said "you're ok going alone tomorrow aren't you" ARGHHHH! I'm feeling tetchy today and I just want to punch him now! It's a 45 min drive to the hospital for one. And for two..... What if something WAS wrong :( 45 min drive home and then I'd have to tell him on top of that. Our last scan was fine, I'm not expecting bad news... But I don't want to be over confident and you never know what is going on inside you!

I'm sure all is fine, but I know what you're saying. I would want him to come with me too. Do you think if you ask he will come?

I've already had a moan at him... I'm probably being unfair as he has his own business so it's not like he can just take time off, but this appointment has been there a week and up till today he was coming. Then his dad said something tonight about work and poof he's not coming. Not once did he say 'oh remember we have an appointment'. Just ok to him and can't go to me! Then not been a 'I'm really sorry I can't go' literally it was 'you're ok going alone'. Well no actually!!!

I've spat my dummy out now as he said he'd try and rearrange something and I told him I don't want him there....... Oops.

ETA - he's just walked in and said he's sorted things so he's coming.... Think I'm being a hormone mood machine.

Uugh zig men just don't get it, do they? But at least he's come to his senses. Apart from anything else, why would you miss out on seeing your little one?!

Ziggie- I'm soooo sorry! That's very irritating. The truth is. They don't know what we are thinking in our head yea know? There could be a million worries going on in our head, but they don't know unless we tell them. It's hard, cuz it should just seem like COMMON FRIGGIN SENSE. Unfortunately most men don't friggin have that. Just vent here. It keeps you from saying something you don't mean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->