December Snowflakes 2014 ***Come and join!!***

Well all sorted now.... He's doing the job AND coming to the scan. He's pretty good really, he hasn't missed anything.... I know I'm spoilt and probably being a bit of a brat!!!! My moods are getting worse, I tell you!!!!!!!!

you're not being a brat. you deserve to have support, especially given your past. I wonder if his dad was like "oh, you didn't say your wife has an ultrasound? hey dummy, you should probably be there!" lol.

Lol...may not be too far off with that one Rae.

Glad all is sorted now zig!

I have my obgyn appointment tomorrow and I'm hoping I'll be able to get this picc line out. I haven't needed any medicine the last few days.

Yay for the scan Leami! Did you get a pic of u/s? Post please!

If you're anything like me, you'll get the bump and be excited, but then see yourself in the mirror and say "this is out of control" lol. My exact words to the hubbs. I someone think with this pregnancy and the last one, that I would be slim and sexy the whole way through, lol. My hubbs reply to me was a sleepy eyed "you're pregnant". I know this, but still. Either way I am still in love with the beginning of my bump!

No, I didn't get a picture unfortunately and I was too shy to ask :blush:
I think I will be going for a private scan at 12 weeks, and then Ill def get a picture!

Haha, I understand. I hope I will stay slim and sexy too, but with a neat and tidy bump <3

Ziggie: Moody rhymes with "IM PREGNANT HEAR ME ROAWRRRR" ( lol sorry bad joke) I think we can all relate with the moody bit.. I know I am.

Coffee and tea: i still drink coffee once or twice a week, mind you its not a huge cup or anything, but keeps me going when I need it, specially at work. I don't drink any caffeinated soft drinks or sugary drinks ; but I do drink lots of herbal teas: mostly linden, mint, peppermint, and the occasional ginger. Rooibos is really good too, but I havent had the chance to go get any...

I haven't followed the " do not eat this because you are pregnant" rules to the t, I like soft cheeses, and most of the cheeses in my region are unpasteurized anyways so id have to cut most of them off... which is not happening. I havent had any blue cheese. I have eaten sushi and loved it, and I eat smoked salmon once a week around... I think you have to do what you feel is right for you, and as long as its fresh then it's all good!

I agree. I had gyros with feta for over half my pregnancy with ds before it dawned on me that it was unpasturized cheese. I'd just always gotten it that way and never thought anything of it. I'm so tempted to cave on the deli meat and feta right now!

That's so crazy! Here in the US all the soft cheeses are pasteurized. I live in a VERY "buy local/foodie" culture too, and even the farmers markets generally flash-pasteurize. I would be so sad to cut out cheeses.

I agree. I had gyros with feta for over half my pregnancy with ds before it dawned on me that it was unpasturized cheese. I'd just always gotten it that way and never thought anything of it. I'm so tempted to cave on the deli meat and feta right now!

I've always thought feta is fine as its considered hard cheese plus can you imagine the Greek population being told they can't eat it :rofl:
I ate a runny egg at the weekend i'm such a rebel :winkwink: I don't mind not eating things that they have proven can cause harm but when its because of a risk of salmonella or other food poisoning to me I kind of think well that risk is there anyway and because vomiting is a big phobia I am quite OTT making sure things are fresh/cooked well :dohh:
My favourite thing i was told when we got our first BFP was not to eat beetroot and strawberries or baby would have a birthmark!!

Ziggie - glad you sorted your OH out, men just don't think sometimes. I was really pissed off with mine Sunday night just for messing about getting me some dinner :grr:

Yoshi - glad you've not needed medicine for a few days fingers crossed you stay feeling better

See I'm pretty sure most of the soft cheeses here are pasteurised, blue cheese is a no go for me anyway bluuurgh! That doesn't stop hubby going 'trrrrry it! Its loooovely' (when I'm not preggo) ugh carry on sunshine and I will try it and show you the consequences... all over your lap! :haha:

See I'm pretty sure most of the soft cheeses here are pasteurised, blue cheese is a no go for me anyway bluuurgh! That doesn't stop hubby going 'trrrrry it! Its loooovely' (when I'm not preggo) ugh carry on sunshine and I will try it and show you the consequences... all over your lap! :haha:

I always say I'm not allowed to eat blue cheese as I'm allergic to penicillin if anyone tries to get me to try it :rofl:

Awwww you're all really making me crave cheese now!! Just don't start talking about sauvignon blanc...

GP - lol for the strawberries and beetroot - who told you that gem???

Awwww you're all really making me crave cheese now!! Just don't start talking about sauvignon blanc...

GP - lol for the strawberries and beetroot - who told you that gem???

It was OH's friend he said his ex wife was told that when she was pregnant in the UK :haha: girl I know who is a midwife said its an old wives tale

:rofl: I went through a phase when i first found out of eating loads of strawberries but have gone off them now, my new thing is peaches and watermelons as they've just come into season here :munch: I also ate almost half a jar of beetroot and same amount of pickled onions for lunch one day :blush:

I've never heard that before.

I read this really interesting thing on facebook the other day about a 3 year old boy who directed his elders to his former body the murder weapon and his murderer.... he was (apparently) murdered with a blow to the head by an axe and he was born with a long thin birthmark on his head in the shape of an axe blade :shock:

I'll see if I can find it again if any of yall are interested in reading it xx

I've never heard that before.

I read this really interesting thing on facebook the other day about a 3 year old boy who directed his elders to his former body the murder weapon and his murderer.... he was (apparently) murdered with a blow to the head by an axe and he was born with a long thin birthmark on his head in the shape of an axe blade :shock:

I'll see if I can find it again if any of yall are interested in reading it xx

ooo thats really freaky but would be good to read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->