December Snowflakes 2014 ***Come and join!!***

Cazi- How far along are you? I believe I'm due the tenth. It will be weird to see the peanut that big now! Woah.... Congrats!!! It's truly amazing

The genetic testing ultrasound is to test for DS. It's where they use a fancy machine that sees more detail, and they measure the thickness of the neck. Unfortunately there were two umbilical cord cysts. So, it was recommended that I do the testing, because sometimes it can be a sign of DS. To be honest, it wouldn't really make a difference to me. Either way, it's a blessing. I'm gonna love him/her more than anything in the world. DS or no DS :)

I'm 11+5

I have a kindle fire and I love it! My dad is cooking eggs and it's making me hungry. -___- I got to hear the baby's heartbeat today! :D

My scan was going amazing, the baby was moving all over, measuring exactly on, great HB, at one point the OB said look mom it's waving to you... At the end of the scan he takes a pic and says he is referring me to a NT because the baby has fluid on the spine and shows me where it is. I'm so scared, nervous, confused! NT appointment is June 3, seems so far away at the moment :cry:
What do you all think? Any info? I'll post a pic of baby and the one where it shows fluid.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 7
Oh man!!! I hate when that happens! That happened to me, but they found cysts on the umbilical cord. It's okay honey. The truth is. They don't know what's "suppose" to be there in early pregnancy scans. So ANYTHING out of the ordinary makes them extra precautious ya know? The best thing you can do is stay positive for your peanut!

Thank you hopeful, I'm trying to stay possitive. It's so hard to think something could be wrong after waiting so long for this...

Oh Mama honey I know you're worried but *try* not to stress (easy for me to say). I have a friend who was told at her scan that there were signed of Downs, and her baby was born absolutely fine. I have another friend who was told her scan was "absolutely perfect", and her baby has Downs. As Marla says, they're ultra cautious if they see anything at all they're not sure about.

I'm trying not to stress, I have done a lot of research and most of it says it's normal in early pregnancy and shouldn't be checked till 11-14 weeks... So hoping that the fluid has absorbed by time I see NT and that everything is ok.

Thinking of you and your peanut mama! Its hard to not stress I know, but just keep positive thoughts. Lovely scans!

I followed a lady on here with my last pregnancy whose babies bowels were outside of the body. By the time she had the baby all was good and where they were suppose to be. That's the other thing. Things may look or be out of place so early on, but usually have a way of fixing themselves before too long.

cazi, perfect scan =), oh i like it when they start to look like more human.

yoshi =) yay for the HB! <3

mama of 4 n 1, I hope it is simply nothing ie. a shadow. We always hear such stories, early scans are unreliable. I truly hope you and your bean are fine.

i m officially in 2nd trimester! :baby:

mama of 4 in 1 - lovely scan pictures and I bet hearing the heartbeat and seeing a wave was the best. Sorry they took the good moment away with slightly scary news but hopefully all will be resolved on your next scan and although 3rd June seems miles off its less than a week :hugs:

Sorry they worried you mama. You don't have long to wait, I'm sure everything will be just fine :hugs:

I went back to work today. No one asked me why I was off! So I haven't had to tell anyone anything! Hurray :)

Mama- there is good reason for why they wait til around 12 weeks to do an NT scan. Earlier than that and they may have false positives, later than that will potentially show false negatives, as the extra fluid is absorbed. Now is not the time to stress, take a deep breath and stay positive - look at it this way: there's no reason to not be positive right now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->