December Snowflakes 2014 ***Come and join!!***

Conina when I had my 12 week scan and I saw the consultant she basically said the risk of something going wrong now is very very tiny (she actually said minuscule!). I struggled to find the HB last night myself and I've been finding it easily. Baby has moved and its harder to pin down.

I'm sure its all fine :hugs:

I just went to the loo and has the tiniest bit of spotting again. Disappointed!!!! Was only lightly tinged cm but was hoping it had all disappeared. Has been a hectic few days though so will try and go easy today.

oh Conina, i think it is a good sign, if there is a blood flow it means that little heart must be pumping. little beans are moving constantly, it may take a while find their hbs. I hope everything is fine but mid July is such a long wait =(

Rae Chay :happydance: congrats on team blue! hehe

Conina, it's probably nothing but honestly I would get a private scan just to take it out of my head. Do you have a doppler?

I have my dating scan on Thursday and just realized it's at 9am. I wouldn't have a problem with it, if I didn't have to drink 0.800mls of water (finishing it one hour prior to the appointment). It got me thinking, do they expect me to wake up at 6am? Because I can't drink that amount of water in 10 min :( it wouldn't be such a big deal if I didn't have night shifts. I can never go to sleep before 2 or 3am. Is it really necessary to drink 0,800mls of water? All the private scans I had I drank 0,500mls and that was just fine. and one of the scans was at 7 weeks.

Just down a pint about 45 mins before.

I don't even do that, normally 30 mins before as my bladder fills quickly!

Really? I don't know if there's a relation or not, but the fact that you never drank water before scans can be the reason for not hearing the hb? Just thinking...

Yeah, I think I'm going to drink my usual 0,5 because that I can drink in 5 minutes. Thank you!

Sorry, it wasn't a scan this morning, he was just using the Doppler.

before my scan, i pee in a cup to be tested for idk maybe for bacteria, then i get my pulse checked, they weigh me etc. so i never had a usg with a drop of bladder inside me :shrug:

Weird, why do they ask me that then? :shrug:

Conina, if it is just the doppler, I wouldn't worry at all! I have a doppler and I try to hear the hb every two days or so, and sometimes I just can't. I wait for a few hours and try again and then I hear it. I asked my wife several times to find the hb for me, and she never succeeds! I thought several times that I doubt that someone who's not me can find the hb the same way I can, because I know my body better and I usually know where to look. Don't worry at all!!

I know, I'm being silly. I've been telling the ones in work and even when I'm telling them I'm thinking "They think I'm insane...". I would think I was insane, if I were them!!

I am freaking out. I woke up this morning to bleeding. It isn't very heavy (its probably only light spotting) but it is red. I haven't had any spotting or bleeding at all this pregnancy. Of course, now every little twinge and crampy thing I feel makes me more certain that something is wrong. I know I was feeling things before but I can't tell if they are worse now or it is my anxiety about something being wrong that makes it feel worse. Last night before bed I felt crappy and thought it was because I ate too much dairy yesterday.

I phoned my doctors office and was able to get an appointment for 9:20 (a little less than an hour from now). I am hoping that I will find out that everything is ok!! I know there are reasons that bleeding or spotting can happen and the baby can be ok. I keep trying to tell myself that but I can't help worry. I have started to feel better, symptom wise. Which I know is typical when you reach 2nd tri. But of course that makes me worry too!!

I'll update when I know anything more.

Mafi, I've never been asked to drink water either before a scan. Besides if baby is too small (which shouldn't be the case for you) they can always do an internal.

Jen, so sorry to hear about the bleeding. Hope everything checks out ok. Did you and hubbs maybe recently have a night together? That can do it sometimes. Also there's a bit of stretching going on in there right now.

For the past couple of days I've been achy stretchy in my lower abdomin. Baby is definitely getting bigger in there at this point. My uterus is now at my belly button, maybe a touch above it. It's time to get big!

Jen- Sending lots of positive vibes your way, there are many pregnant woman who have bleeding at some point during pregnancy, and everything is completely normal with baby, prayers for you...

AFM- I got results to blood work this morning and everything is as should be and we are team pink :) I went out and got a blue bag, blue bow, and blue tissue paper, wrapped up a pink baby blanket and towel to put in it and recorded my husbands reaction to the news :) He does not have a biological daughter so he is completely ecstatic!!!

Hope everyone is doing well....

Jen, I know it's easy for us to say (and on my part, a serious case of 'pot kettle Black'!) But try not to worry. As you know so many ladies on here have had bleeds and everything has turned out to be fine. Have you had the scan now?

Congrats on team pink mama (and mr mama! )

Nd have you noticed showing earlier this time? I definitely am, and also think I've got bigger since I announced it!

I found my belly bands from last time over the weekend, I feel like I need them already!

I feel like I showed around the same time and I've currently gained the same amount at this point as I did with my son. What I will say is that even to my eyes I feel like I'm carrying different...lower and wider. So maybe people are right and this is a girl. I've been wearing the belly bands, but on Saturday I finally put on a pair of maternity jeans and those things were the best thing in life! I forgot how comfortable they were when you have a belly to work with. Hubbs thinks I'm showing at the same speed, so I probably am...thank goodness for that, cause me showing sooner I think would also mean more weight gain in my case!

My maternity clothes are all inthe roof space. I need to get dh to go up and get them for me. I loved my maternity leggings, they're the most comfy things I've ever worn!

Since I was pregnant with Conor, Next in NI have stopped doing maternity clothes in store-they only have them online, and m&s seem to have stopped selling them altogether. Do they think we don't have to try them on these days??

I stopped in jcpenny when I was preggo with my son and they had stopped selling in store too. Unless it's an actual store for preggos, the selection is like five pieces!

Thanks Ladies:

I know that many people have bleeding/spotting in pregnancy and often times it is nothing to worry about. I told myself that over and over but of course, still worried!! The last time I had bleeding in pregnancy was just before my miscarriage last time. It really does bring back bad memories and irrational fears!!

They didn't do an ultrasound but the doctor found the heartbeat immediately (as soon as she put the Doppler on my stomach). The heartbeat was 150. That was reassuring. She also checked and my cervix was closed. She saw some blood but couldn't tell where it was coming from. I already had my regular appointment scheduled for next Friday. So they can check again at that appointment. The doctor sent me home, told me to take the rest of the day off work and take it easy until the bleeding stopped. It was really never more than spotting (but it was red). It seems to be less today than yesterday. So I will just have to wait and see. But for now, everything is still ok!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->