December Snowflakes 2014 ***Come and join!!***

I was so sure we'd see by ourselves the private parts so we could "find out by accident" but the baby was so stubborn we didn't even get a nub or skull shot!

GP, we have the same weather, it's ridiculously hot here, tomorrow we're expecting a heat wave :doh: I am going to suffer so much in August! I can't live without AC, but we're putting in a ceiling fan in our bedroom because we both wake up sick if we sleep with the AC. 'm already not sleeping well because of the heat.
Right now it's 32, not that bad for the end of June.

We've already got those 12 year old in shortie shorts showing off their bottoms. I'd never let my daughter out like that!

GP, I was staying yellow with ds and hubbs was finding out hut as soon as she placed the nobby on my belly his man bits were saying hello to us, lol. When she jerked the nobby away really fast I knew.

I've read a few posts with people finding out because little boys keep their bits on display - it seems that it starts in the womb letting it all hang out :rofl:

I was so sure we'd see by ourselves the private parts so we could "find out by accident" but the baby was so stubborn we didn't even get a nub or skull shot!

GP, we have the same weather, it's ridiculously hot here, tomorrow we're expecting a heat wave :doh: I am going to suffer so much in August! I can't live without AC, but we're putting in a ceiling fan in our bedroom because we both wake up sick if we sleep with the AC. 'm already not sleeping well because of the heat.
Right now it's 32, not that bad for the end of June.

We've already got those 12 year old in shortie shorts showing off their bottoms. I'd never let my daughter out like that!

I think we have the heat wave here today, popped out at lunch to get some food and my car was showing 46 degrees - even with the air con on i felt like i was roasting!

I've been enjoying catching up on all of you ladies! Can't believe we are getting far enough along to know the gender!!! It felt like it went slow, but looking back it was fast :)

Really? I don't know if there's a relation or not, but the fact that you never drank water before scans can be the reason for not hearing the hb? Just thinking...

Yeah, I think I'm going to drink my usual 0,5 because that I can drink in 5 minutes. Thank you!

I have to drink 32 ounces of water over an hour before a scan. Every pregnant woman I know has to as well! I don't think it's just you. When your bladder is full they can see everything better. Every time I go to a scan I literally feel like I'm gonna explode! It hurts

Really? I don't know if there's a relation or not, but the fact that you never drank water before scans can be the reason for not hearing the hb? Just thinking...

Yeah, I think I'm going to drink my usual 0,5 because that I can drink in 5 minutes. Thank you!

I have to drink 32 ounces of water over an hour before a scan. Every pregnant woman I know has to as well! I don't think it's just you. When your bladder is full they can see everything better. Every time I go to a scan I literally feel like I'm gonna explode! It hurts

I always thought that when you have a scan you need a full bladder but every time I go for a scan and my bladder is full the dr always asks if I'm ok for her to continue as she can see I have a full bladder :shrug:

Hello ladies!!!!

I'm still here!!! I've probably missed so much, I haven't read back yet.... I hope everyone is ok?? I feel a bit like I miss the chat here with my preggo chums!!

I'm fine! I'm in Vegas at the moment! It's insane. And hot. I've woke up with a headache so think I need twice as much water as yesterday.

I'm struggling to sleep past 6am (often earlier) any morning so I'm sooooooooo tired by so early. Not sure my hosts understand how tiring it can be (they're not preggo people and my friends wife is still quite young). I am paranoid they just think I'm moany lazy lol!!!

I've been listening to baby on my doppler. So glad I brought it with me. It sounds so much more like a mini heart now!! If that makes sense...!

Annnnyway!! Another day in Vegas then I'm off to california! I'm not staying in LA now I've changed that and staying south of la :)

Soooooooooo this feels like a diary entry :lol: :lol:

Hope everyone is keeping well!!!!! :hugs:

I always thought it was just early on that a full bladder was better, but even so it's never been told to drink water before a scan.

No. It's every scan. When my friend was 20 weeks, and went to find out the gender she had to have a full bladder. It might just be in this state, but we have to :/

I drank the water but I truly was in pain during my scan...and guess what, baby didn't collaborate at all! So the sonographer told me to go and empty my bladder to see if that would make the little one stretch a little...no, not at all. Then she told me to take a walk and eat something sweet to give the baby some energy...it had energy alright, it couldn't stop moving...it just kept with this weird position, like lying with it's belly down...and I couldn't have a nuchal screening done! ahahaha :dohh:

Now I have to go back in 2 weeks and do a blood test to try and get a number for DS.

Ds wouldn't cooperate either and only because I always drink a lot of water my bladder was full so she told me empty Mike about half way. How do you just stop peeing midstream, lol. Anywho I emptied it and he ended up rolling from his belly to his side so she had to get him to finish rolling over. She kept jabbing me with the nobby and then finally did one hard jab and he got pissed and kicked off the side, but he did roll finally, lol.

No. It's every scan. When my friend was 20 weeks, and went to find out the gender she had to have a full bladder. It might just be in this state, but we have to :/

When I had a scan this week the doctor asked if I had emptied my bladder and when I said yes he said good.
I guess everywhere/everyone is different :wacko:

Mine is always really crazy active, and have never had problems with getting it to do what we wanted. I guess I got lucky! I wish they didn't make me drink water. Only for vaginal ultrasound do they have me empty my bladder. I've had them ask me to half way empty it, cuz it was too full and I said "that's not gonna happen!" And just peed! I think they do this to torture us. Doesn't seem to be another explainable reason

So tomorrow I have my 2nd 12 week scan after being out back 2 weeks at the last one

vickytoria88 - I hope everything looks perfect tomorrow and you get some reassurance!!

I've never been asked to drink water for an u/s. The last u/s I had at 11 weeks (they ended up doing the NT scan at my regular doctors appointment and I wasn't expecting them to do it that day). They had no trouble seeing what they needed to or doing the scan and I definitely did not have a full bladder. It is weird how different it is from clinic to clinic!!

Every scan we go for we have to have a full bladder here. I tend not to bother with that for the 20 week though.

I got my 20 week scan appointment through yesterday :D 22nd of july <3

how funny - at my clinic, before every ultrasound they ask you to empty your bladder.

jenk- I am definitely more tired than ever now, at this point in pregnancy. I remember this happened with last pregnancy too, and I started to get my energy back between 15-16 weeks. Looking forward to that right now!

My baby is usually very active too, and it was very active during this scan, but never turned to the right side lol it kept waving it's little arms and legs :)

I was also told (first) to half empty my bladder. I thought she was joking, but no. So I did. But when that didn't work, she asked me to empty it completely.

Every scan I've had they've asked for a full bladder, and that includes the 2 private scans I've had. However, if and when they do an internal they have asked me to empty my bladder.

How is everyone today? I leave Vegas this morning and head for the coast. Will be glad of a sea breeze SOOOOOO HOT here! Saw cirque du soleil last night, was amazing! Listened to baby last night afterwards and there was lots of moving around so I think it enjoyed it too :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->