December Snowflakes 2014 ***Come and join!!***

How did everything go Vic?

Glad you're having fun zig!

I guess I'm ok, but I have to say I'm feeling extremely emotional this pregnancy. I was not like this with my first and I hate it. Its like my moods can't pick a mood and stick with if for a while!

ND- I completely understand! That's how I was feeling. I told the doctor, and talked to a psychiatrist that specializes in pregnancy. She prescribed me a medicine that is 100% okay for the baby! And gave me a website where there were case studies to prove it, and pamphlets. It was awesome! The medicine did WONDERS. I felt like myself again in just one day! Idk if yours is bad enough for you to take medicine, but I had to, and it really helped :)

I know my mood has been a little off too. I'm naturally a very strong-willed and passionated person, so sometimes I don't know if it's the pregnancy or my normal personality :p but other times I know that if I wasn't pregnant I wouldn't be so affected by some things. My family came to visit me last week, and I don't know if it is a latin thing or something, but they just didn't care I was pregnant...when arguing with me. It's like they expected me to be exactly the same. And they kept saying things like "pregnancy is not a disease", and of course it isn't, but what they really meant by this was that pregnancy is no excuse to behave differently. If I were to say something about hormones and mood swings, they would just roll their eyes like I'm imagining things. If I were to say something like "look, I didn't like what you said because it made me feel bad...and I know you think I'm overreacting, but please take into consideration that because I'm pregnant, I'm more prone to feel intensely or to be emotional" they would just refuse to accept that. It was very complicated. To the point that one of the days I just left them alone and wandered off, disappearing for several hours because I needed to cry and not feel like everyone was judging me and disapproving my emotions.

Do people act like this with you? Do they just assume you're using the pregnancy as an excuse?

When my mom was here for my sons b'day she kept asking me to so stuff "bring me a cupcake, bring back a bottle of water, hand me that" then the day after his party, which was outside in the sun for a few hours after a busy morning, she's like "foke on and go so this with me, what are we doing today, where are we going". I told her I was tired and needed to rest and all I got was "back in my day...". I took a three hour nap with my son on the couch. She was driving me bonkers in part cause she apparently though has inherited a maid, but also because she didn't care that I was preggo and couldn't keep going like when I'm not. The next day we went downtown and at one point in 90 degree weather she even told me to run and get the car and pull it around for her. That didn't happen. I feel like my husband is short with me when I have my swings telling me he can't deal with my ups and downs. I can't deal with them but it would be nice if there was some compassion there.

My family is or was the same way. I don't communicate with them any longer, but my mom told me "I have NEVER seen a pregnant woman like you, and I've seen a lot of them" another time she went on to say that when she was pregnant blah blah blah, and I reminded her she was pregnant when she was fifteen, and I'm about to be 27. Little difference in the energy level. It's just nutty. Part of me feels like they're that way because of the time it was when they had kids, and part of me feels like they are selfish, and doesn't wanna give attention. My bf told me that when I'm having a bad day, and being moody his mind will tell him that it's normal. That I'm pregnant, and that's what happens. But his emotions can't help but be involved, and feel bad. I think it must be very hard for the men in our lives. I don't think it's possible to be the same, and a lot of women on here seem to be very independent. It must be a big change to deal with that much emotion, and try to be supportive. A big part of me wants to tell them to deal with it. Cuz it's much harder being the pregnant one, but that's not right either. It's just a hard situation yea know? Only 5 more months ladies! Haha

yeah, that's what I mean. And also when they were here they kept saying things like "oh, we can't take coke because she doesn't like it" or "she doesn't want runny eggs" or "she doesn't want rare steak so we can't go to the steak house" even though I told them several times that it wasn't like I didn't want it or like it, it was because I couldn't! And i even told them that I actually like those foods a lot! And it is very difficult for me not to have them. but they just kept insisting I was being difficult! And also, something similar to what happened to No Doubt happened to me. The first 2 nights they were here, I had very bad insomnia and slept 3 hours each night. On the day after the second night, I told them I couldn't handle being so tired and that I needed to take a nap. So I went to my bedroom and slept for 3 hours. First thing my grandmother told me when I came back was "So baroness, are you ok now?" :growlmad:

So baby had made up the 2 weeks it lost and gained an extra week. So now I'm only a week behing my edd. Due date is now December 27th.

Baby was really active, possibly the KFC and sprite I'd had just before

15 weeks 2 days pregnant. Forgot to post this.

https://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t287/Pikachu15/10421126_684925178210710_5463317830301660569_n_zpsd2eed43f.jpg

Great news Vic! And lovely bump pic yoshi!

Sorry your families aren't being understanding. My moods arent too bad but my dreams are now getting out of control. The night before last I was fighting in the battle at the end of Harry Potter (I had a wand and everything! ) with kurt from Glee, and last night I was raising fish with heads like my brothers and sisters...

*Waves to all*
We are staying team yellow, despite my OH protests but i told him that if he wants to grow a uterus and carry a baby for 9 months then he can find out the gender. He soon shut up about it.

Im gonna need to get my old bigger uniforms for work out soon as this one is getting rather snug but still not told anyone that we are expecting again. Ive lied and told everyone that i stopped doing Slimming World.

Its sooooo stuffy on the ward today, no breeze through the windows at all.

So after the bleeding I went to the er. They gave me a pelvic exam, no bleeding and everything looked normal. They have me an u/s. I thought I was 6w1d but apparently I'm 5w1d. They only saw the cute little sac at this point, is this normal?

Con- That is crazy crazy dreams!!!!

Hopeful- Yes, that's completely normal!

AFM- Holy hunger! I'm 16 weeks tomorrow, and extremely hunger has kicked in. I. Want. Everything. Chicken, ravioli, Indian, Mexican. Any food I can get my little paws on! And holy belly! Peanut is making it's debut. There's not enough pickles in the entire world..... Hehehe

HopefulMarla, OMG all i want is to stuff my face with onion bahjees and spicy curry (ie madras,rogan josh,balti,anything i can get my hands on) But trying to save money as well as the garden needs a major overhaul for the kids and we have the river festival coming up (little local celebration every other year where they have floats, parades, stalls selling random things,rides and oh the food stalls are fab but will have to be careful this year, dont want food poisioning) so having to be really strong and deny the cravings.

The jarred stuff is not the same, i think i need to find some authentic indian recipies and make it myself for a fraction of the price.

One curry a month wont bankrupt us, im sure it wont, oh yay payday on thursday, i can hear the curry calling me now............................

Anyone need a laugh?

Ok, today I've been really uncomfortable at work so I get home after a 12.5 hour shift to discover my knickers were on back to front. Alllllll day.

:rofl: Rota!!

We were over at my mum's this afternoon and I was saying I felt like I had a bump already. She went to say "Sure you didn't really lose it" but managed to stop herself in time. This, would you believe, is progress - generally she just comes out and says it :dohh:. (This is not paranoia by the way, DH said afterwards he noticed it also...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->