December Snowflakes 2014 ***Come and join!!***

I am feeling better this week. I had weekness in my legs, walking up the stairs was hard. I had a headache, I felt week, like under the weather. My hubby was fighting with a horrible painful ear infection I was nursing him like a baby. I was praying and hoping that we won't catch that virus and we didn't!!!
I am sleeping with a pillow between my legs. It helps with my knee and hip pain. I don't have those pains during the day only when I sleep. Also I have a pillow in front of my belly that I can lean on it and my side will not get sore that much. If you are a back sleeper, I suggest you to have a pillow behind your back too. My lower back still sore. 11 days already.
I have gained 5 kg so far. How about you ladies?
I have gained 3 cm on my waist this week. Totally 8 cm!!!
I do feel the movement more consistent and stronger in the same location. I do beleave that's the baby!

Ziggie, grey is a good color! For the boy add blue and purple and for the girl add pink violet flashes!Cute bump!

Glad you're feeling better Dovkav!

I'm having a horrible day - Conor changed rooms in nursery and just howled as I was leaving, clung on to me and wouldn't let go. I ended up peeling him off my leg and walking out but felt so terrible that I cried my eyes out all the way to work.

Then I got into the office and one of the girls asked me how I was and that set me off again! Toddler guilt trip + pregnancy hormones = nightmare!!

Nursery say he's calmed down a bit but he's still playing up - they think he thinks that if he's badly behaved enough they'll send him back to his old room.

Hope this doesn't go on too long!!

Oh hun...he should adjust. I'm sure that was hard. I don't have to deal with that cause my place is small enough and the kids young enough to where they can all be together. So he doesn't have to worry about a new environment. Unfortunately the peel and go is really about the only way it happens for some. Hell be fine...and so will you!

Oh I agree! If you love the wallpaper by all means keep it. Babies just want to eat and sleep, they do not look at wall paper. Wish people weren't so open with what pops into their tiny minds.

We are going Grey too Ziggie with a touch of lavender if it is a girl and teal blue if it is a boy.. :thumbup:

Hey ladies!

I haven't checked in, in awhile!! Hope everyone is doing AMAZING! I am 22 weeks today. Crazy that it's going so quick now. Just two weeks till V day. That first trimester was ROUGH. I generally feel good these days. I am getting more uncomfortable the further along I get, and walking sucks. But it's better than the first trimester. My baby boy kicks and moves around every day and night. Around the same times. He has a really strong kick! Sometimes it startles me. He also started moving further up by my belly button this week! Anyone else having a lot of movement?

Thanks ND. He was just as bad this morning, but I wasn't quite as bad, knowing that he was eventually fine yesterday. Still had a bit of a wobble but no meltdown in work (yet!)

20 week scan tomorrow!!

Marla good to see you again! I'm having some movement but wouldn't call it lots yet. But then I have plenty of padding :blush:

Lots of movement here day and night. I actually got to record ky belly moving with the kicks over the weekend. I was never able to catch my son. This baby responds to me so much more than my son did. He responded to my hubbs all the time, but not me. But this baby responds to me all the time. We play together, lol.

Is v-day 24 weeks...I thought it was 26?

I'm getting more and more movement :) still not totally consistent but definitely feel something most days now! Getting stronger!!

Scan was today. All was fine!!!!! So pleased :D still team yellow!! Baby was super active as in all scans we've had! Was curled up like a gymnast too lol. Time to start shopping!!!!!

https://i58.tinypic.com/wso95k.jpg

So ladies... What do first time mums need to buy?!!

We plan to cloth nappy, already picked out the ones we want to try, and I'm hoping to breast feed :)

Aaah the age old question!!

My advice first of all would be to sign up for all the baby clubs - Boots, Tesco, Sainsburys, Pampers etc. Huggies also had one when I had Conor but since then they've stopped selling nappies in the UK so I don't know if they still do it. You'll get loads of freebies (ok, a lot of them will be nappies, but still) and vouchers for stuff. Just make sure you register with an email address you don't mind getting a lot of cr@p to...

The thing we had most trouble with was somewhere to put the baby down. We bought 2 rocker/bouncer chairs which played music etc and he never really liked them. Finally my friend recommended the baby bjorn one which is totally plain but was for some reason far more successful than the others had been. It's nice to think you'll be cuddling the baby constantly, but practically speaking you do need somewhere to put him/her down every now and then!!

I didn't breastfeed (correction, Conor WOULDN'T breastfeed) but I know ladies who did swore by Lansinoh nipple cream, and from memory you are supposed to start using it before the baby is born - I could be wrong there however.

Conor was really bad for spewing after his bottle when he was tiny and we couldn't do without muslim cloths - we used them for everything (and still do!). When he was in the moses basket we could fold one under his head (tucking it under the side of the mattress on each side) so if he spewed during the night we didn't have to change the whole sheet etc. You can get lovely fancy ones but we went for the cheap as chips Asda versions - no point paying too much for something to be puked over!!

Baby wipes - you can NEVER have too many!!

Not for the newborn stage but a few months after - we had a bath seat thing which again we got in Asda which he could sit up in and not wriggle round. Conor to this day loves his bath and loves jumping about in it, so it was really handy to make him stay put! (I wish they made a toddler sized one...)

Somewhere at home I will have my shopping list that I had coming up to his birth, when I hunt it out I'll post other stuff!

Ziggie, Congrats for still being a team yellow!
how was your scan? How long did it take? Did you need a full bladder? I have read that eating chocolate calms down the baby. Seratonin is produced more. If he is calmer, scan will take quicker?!

Thanks con!!! A list would be awesome lol!!!!!!

Dov the scan was quicker than I thought it was going to be!! She was clearly used to doing them. She was fine checking baby, even with it wriggling, she just went in from different angles :D she went through what she was checking, showed us all the bits and bobs and what she was measuring. Baby has been active in every scan!!

It is lying from side to side - head is right of my bellybutton, body going to the left and legs tucked back over to the right lol

I didn't need a full bladder.

Yay for team yellow Zig! And what a lovely pic!

A list...I've typed this a few time recently, lol.

I bought the must haves where safety was involved, so the furniture and the travel system. Although you'll do a registry, most people don't shop off of a registry and sometimes if people feel your item is too expensive, they'll get a cheaper item which may not be as safe.

Yes to all the baby clubs and freebies. Also Amazon Mom. If you subscribe and save, you can save about 20% or your oders. I pay $26 for a box of diapers that is normally $35 in the store.

I also got the Snuza which is a device that clips to baby's diaper and monitors their breathing as babies get get baby sleep apnea. It chimes to alert you if baby has stopped moving (breathing) longer that 15, 20, or 30 seconds (whatever you set it to), but also alerts baby to remember to breath. Peace of mind for me.

A must have in my opinion...one of the huge pack n plays that is also a changing station w/ storage space and also has the bassinet w/ bassinet stand. Mine was about $250 I believe, maybe a bit less, but totally worth it as some of the bassinet or pack n play separately are that expensive. It really came in handy for me as I had a c-section and we slept on the couch for the first month. So we did have to keep running up and down the stairs which I wasn't supposed to be doing while healing.

A monitor
Diapers
Wipes
Instead of spit up towels, buy extra cloth diaper (they absorb more)
Bottles/nipples if not breast feeding or if you plan to express so hubbs can help
Swaddlers
Onesies
Mittens so they don't scratch their face
Hygiene items (wash, lotion, ointments, etc.)
Humidifier

Always do more than one registry. Most places do 10% off unpurchased items close to your due date (Amazon does 15% off if you do amazon mom). I did this and hit the lists up against each other and ended up saving us around $1000 between the better deals.

I'll post more if I can think of it.

Although registries aren't done here.... Just buy my own stuff!!! My mum and dad are going to buy our cot though :)

Well if nothing else, if places offer a registry, sign up for it and wait for your coupon so you can save some money.

20 week scan was this morning! I was surprisingly nervous but it all went fine. Bubs was jumping about madly and had its hand up under its head, just like Conor sleeps in his cot!

Here's the scan pics. Due date has been put back to 21 December

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member