**December Snowflakes - 2016**

Quite fed up this morning. OH has a job interview for a second job with the potential for a significant pay rise. The job interview started at 6am and is an all day assessment which I only found out about when he got to the bloody thing and informed me. So I'd fasted all night and mentally prepared myself for this poxy test and feel annoyed that I couldn't go due to the fact that someone needs to be at my daughters preschool to pick her up at 11:20. My test was for 8:30 but then you factor in waiting times at my hospital and the fact that Aurora doesn't start nursery until 8:20 and needs help to settle in, it was never going to happen. I'm just incredibly annoyed this morning. Aurora has only just started nursery and I didn't feel it was right to make her have a day off so soon. Urgh!

Well, time for me to check-in, too. I've had a much more interesting week then I had planned or anticipated.

Wednesday I woke up starving, so I had a bowl of cereal before riding to work in my vanpool as usual. We were 3/4 of the way to work and suddenly I felt awful. Put my head between my knees (as best I could)... no go. I had to have them pull over and I got out on the side of the road and threw up. Got it on my WHITE shirt I was wearing, peed myself, and... ug. Put my jacket on over my shirt, got to work and changed into some backup panties I had... luckily my pants were patterned and no one could tell they were wet. Went back to my office and laid on the floor while I texted my hubby what was going on. I still felt horrible. Needless to say, hubby came and rescued me from work while my parents watched the kids. (I work an hour away from home)

Yesterday I had my 1 hour glucose test. My mom was nice enough to go with me and drive me home after. The test always makes me feel awful afterward. No idea if I will pass this time; they haven't said anything yet. Last pregnancy I only passed by 1 point!

Well, time for me to check-in, too. I've had a much more interesting week then I had planned or anticipated.

Wednesday I woke up starving, so I had a bowl of cereal before riding to work in my vanpool as usual. We were 3/4 of the way to work and suddenly I felt awful. Put my head between my knees (as best I could)... no go. I had to have them pull over and I got out on the side of the road and threw up. Got it on my WHITE shirt I was wearing, peed myself, and... ug. Put my jacket on over my shirt, got to work and changed into some backup panties I had... luckily my pants were patterned and no one could tell they were wet. Went back to my office and laid on the floor while I texted my hubby what was going on. I still felt horrible. Needless to say, hubby came and rescued me from work while my parents watched the kids. (I work an hour away from home)

Yesterday I had my 1 hour glucose test. My mom was nice enough to go with me and drive me home after. The test always makes me feel awful afterward. No idea if I will pass this time; they haven't said anything yet. Last pregnancy I only passed by 1 point!

My goodness, I hope you feel better soon. You're not alone in losing all control over the bodily functions. I come over all pale, shaky and clammy, the world closes in and I vomit. Usually followed by peeing myself during a violent episode of being sick. It always takes it out of me. I had it more frequently in Aurora's pregnancy but I have had it happen twice this time. My heart goes out to you. :hugs:

You poor thing! Hope you're feeling better today.

Hey Jrepp! Glad to see you back! I'm so sorry you're still suffering with HG. :(

Tweeks that's so irritating, I'm sorry to hear about that. I hope you get to take it ASAP.

Geneveve, yikes! I hope you're feeling better now.

Genevevex! I'm sorry you had such a rotten end of your week!

Tweeks, sorry about the scheduling drama. And after you got all prepped and psyched up for it too!

I'm jumping on the bandwagon... my 1hr glucose screen was this morning. I'm still waiting on the results, but am expecting to fail. I had gd with dd1 so with a history and preggo with twins I'm not holding out much hope. But if I pass, I'll be celebrating for sure!

Getting a gd diagnosis last pregnancy was awful and I think I went through all the stages of grief (don't mess with a pregnant woman and her food, right?!) This time I feel prepared to jump though all the hoops and I already know the diet so I'm hoping I won't have a meltdown if diagnosed again next week :)

Geneve sorry to hear you've been poorly!! Sounds horrible. I have also lost control of my bladder recently and have had a few little accidents when sneezing and even when having sex :shy: I don't remember having it last time, my muscles must be weaker this pregnancy. It's a real pain as I can't even enjoy myself during sex now otherwise I end up having to wash all the sheets!! the first time it happened I thought my waters were leaking but was mortified to realise it was just wee!! :dohh: luckily I don't think DH noticed. The joys of pregnancy.

Can't believe I am 27 weeks now, it's flying by. Ordered a new buggy last night as we are planning a holiday in May which will require something with all terrain tyres, and the buggy I have from DS isn't very off roady. I just went for a second hand Quinny on eBay, it's only a year old though and looks to be in very good condition - and at half the price of a new one I couldn't resist!!

Thanks for the well-wishes everyone! I am slowly feeling somewhat better. I don't think I will hear about my test until my appointment Friday unless something REALLY was off.

Hope you all are doing alright, too. We're almost there!

So. I had an incredibly bad, scary nosebleed last night. It was crazy. Bled for 20+ minutes, took 15 minutes of pinching to stop it. I was so light headed and woozy afterwards. My blood pressure went so low too!

Now today I'm waiting for the blood draw after my trutol test
First half hour over. I feel so nauseous and like I might puke. That's never happened to me before during this test. I hope nothing is wrong :/

Eek, sorry to everyone who's been feeling poorly. Pregnancy is definitely not all magic and butterflies, damn it! And also hugs to all those who failed the GD test. I had mine about a month ago and was convinced I'd fail ('cause I feel like baby is MASSIVE) but ended up passing. Just as well, because I'm obsessed with desserts... it's really bad.

Whoever asked about taking time off, I have PhD classes right up till my due date, including an exam on my actual due date. After that I'm taking 9 full months off and am lucky that my scholarship pays for 6 months of it. At 9 months I'll probably take a class or two to ease back into things, so luckily it won't be full time.

As for being prepared for baby's arrival, we have NOTHING prepared yet, other than lots of clothes. We start hypnobirthing classes in mid-Oct though.

Anyone care to share bump pics? My bump makes me look like I'm carrying quintuplets :-/

My 1 hr glucose was 137 and I find out tomorrow if my Dr considers that passing or failing. The nurse kept telling me I failed because my fasting wasn't between 70 and 110 and she didn't seem to understand that I didn't have a fasting blood test done! She was looking at the wrong cutoffs.

I will work as long as possible and I may go back at 8 weeks or I may not go back until 9 mos... Hubby is interviewing for a job halfway across the state 4 hrs away and if he gets it then I won't go back to teaching until August. If not, we're staying put and I'll go back in Jan or Feb.

I'm pretty much ready for the babies to arrive. (but wanting them to stay put for 2 more months!) I have the car seats, strollers, cribs, clothes, etc. I pretty much just need to do some baby laundry. I'll start packing a hospital bag next month since twins often come early.

Here's my 27 week bump pic. I measured full term nearly 2 weeks ago so now I'm sure I'm over 40 cm. I can't lean forward to reach things on my desk anymore!

I'm hoping everyone has been having an uneventful beginning of 3rd/end of 2nd trimester! Some of us are nearing the single digits countdown for weeks remaining. I'm expecting the twins around Thanksgiving so about 9 weeks left for me :)

Attachments

• Fotor_147441156413413.jpg
    Fotor_147441156413413.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 5
Jezika, do you have a back-up plan for if the baby decides to come early? Just in case?

What a beautiful bump, Sapphire! Here's hoping everyone's babies stay put until they are done cooking and healthy enough to come out (and that it doesn't take to long to finish cooking them... whew!)

Also, for the non-fasting 1 hour test (which is what I just had done), the score to reach was anything below 140.

Unfortunately, I got a call from my doctor's office yesterday prior to my appointment Friday. Guess what that means? I failed. My number was 161, so now they want me to go for the 3 hour test. :( I just want to cry about it.

I know I probably have the option to just monitor... but that begs the question if it is better to have a week or more worth of finger-pricks versus one day of being miserable? Plus, I've been telling the doctor all pregnancy I think something is off with my sugar because it seems food just doesn't STAY with me this time around. Like, I'll eat something, feel good for a little bit, and then CRASH until I have something to eat again. Each time they would take my sugar there in the office and say everything was fine. Blah.

I want my magic and butterflies now.

Genevevex, I'm sorry you failed your 1 hr. Mine was in the 170s with dd and I chose to monitor for the remainder of the pregnancy vs do the 3 hr. I wish I had done the three hour to know for sure. But.... I did feel a lot better after switching to a gestational diabetes diet (and shed many tears over no more milkshakes!) My blood sugar was out of whack my first pregnancy though since I had to diet and work a bit to keep my levels in check.

I kept up with a lot of the gestational diabetes changes in the three years after dd was born and started this pregnancy 10 lbs lighter without trying to diet so now that I'm through the fog I realize that it was probably a good wake up call for me because I used to be a bit of a carb monster! Still am some days.

Hugs while you work through the process of dealing with it. For me the waiting and indecision is worse than just dealing with it :)

Your bump is lovely, Sapphire! So neat and round! :) I have about 10 weeks left myself as the latest my section will be scheduled is the 5th at 39 weeks. We will see.

So I was given the option: treat myself as if I do have GD, for the remainder of pregnancy, or do the 3 hour. I cried. I'm really upset, but I am going to do the 3 hour, since a couple of months ago my 1 hour was even higher and my 3 hour passed with flying colors.

I've been crying all week on my way home from work just thinking about having to do the 3 hour again. But I think it is good information to have. So I might just decide to do it in the morning tomorrow so that it's over with.

Bummer, tiny. I hope you get good news after your 3 hr.

I met with my Dr today and I failed with a 137. Their cut-off is 135 and my history of gd +the twins makes her nervous. She's having me track my blood sugar for a week. She wants to see how I'm responding to my diet. Not sure what will happen after that. My 1 hr #s are supposed to be <120, which is really low. I feel like I'm being forced into a gd diagnosis even though I had a decent 1 hr result. Grrr.

Eek Tiny I'm sorry, at least you can get retested. I hope you pass.

Sapphire that stinks, I hope your blood sugar cooperates. :(

AFM, I called my Dr. today and found out I passed my 3 hour so I'm good on that front. No GD thank goodness. :thumbup:

I have mine next week. Having to take DS with me and I believe it's a 2 hour test so he's going to be really bored. I hope I don't feel really ill afterwards.

My travel system arrived yesterday :D bought a second hand Quinny Buzz xtra on eBay, it seems to be in great condition. DS was really excited to unpack it and put it together! I have no idea where I'm going to put it all until she arrives :haha:

We are just about to book a holiday to Canada in May. It will be baby's first holiday :) super excited! I hope she is an easy going baby so we can do lots while we are there. She should be about 5-6 months old then so hopefully we will all enjoy it. I want to make the most of having unlimited holiday leave while I'm off work!!

Well, I took the fruit punch Flavor instead of the orange I did on my last 3 hour. It did go down easier, I would recommend anything but orange!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->