**December Snowflakes - 2016**

Well, I took the fruit punch Flavor instead of the orange I did on my last 3 hour. It did go down easier, I would recommend anything but orange!

I had the fruit punch flavor for my 1 hour test, and I agree that it was much easier to handle than the orange.

Sapphire, I'm sorry you're having such problems. I can see how you feel you're being forced into GD. My doctor's "cutoff" is actually 139 rather than the typical 140, but I scored way over at 161, so it doesn't make much difference for me. Hopefully your week's results will be good enough that the doctor will back off.

Hi everyone! I passed my Glucose test but I failed my anemia test. So the doctor said I have to go on iron pills. She said I can just get the over the counter. Then she went into this whole thing about how they might make me constipated and/or nauseated :( Anyone have suggestions about a brand that has less of those very undesirable side effects? Thanks!

Do all the US ladies get gd tested as routine? They only do it in uk if you have risk factors. I have developed spd since around two weeks ago and it's gradually getting worse, my knees are also really painful too. The joys of the third tri hey 😉, still worth it all tho. Going to speak with my manager tomorrow to see if I can start maternity leave a little earlier than planned as can't see myself managing for another 5 weeks with this level of discomfort x

The cutoff for the 1 hour at my Dr is 139 too. So is there really a standard?

Chrissytina I took Nature's Own iron last pregnancy and it didn't constipate me. I also have had prescriptions for iron that never backed me up either. If you have trouble though over the counter stool softener works wonders, or your Dr. can prescribe Dul-Q-Lace (I think that's what it is).

I failed miserably. I mean absolutely horribly, not just a tiny bit. I don't even know what to do right now. It was so high I'm scared to even eat! And I'm scared that I've hurt my baby. I can still feel him move luckily. But seriously, now that I know that my body and hormones have changed, it seems irresponsible that I drank 100 grams of glucose for breakfast.

I'm really upset.

The cutoff for the 1 hour at my Dr is 139 too. So is there really a standard?

Everywhere online I looked said that the 1 hour test should be 140 or below. That's really all I had to go off of, but that particular number was on every website I went to.

Also, for our mom of twins. I happened across this article today and thought it might be of interest. https://www.webmd.com/baby/news/20160907/delivering-twins-at-37-weeks-may-help-prevent-stillbirths

I'm really sorry to hear about people failing the glucose test. Tiny, baby will be fine so please don't worry. They wouldn't make us do these tests if it was going to hurt them. I've got mine in a couple of weeks and am dreading it. My diet is awful.

Sapphire - that's a lovely bump - I'll post mine soon once I manage to get a picture!

Mumof5 - I hope you're not in discomfort for the rest of the pregnancy. I've had a very sore buttock/thigh for a couple of weeks now and am finding it hard to sleep. It's just annoying at the moment but I'm going to struggle if it doesn't go away!

Not much news for me. Blood pressure still behaving at the moment so all good. I've just been so hectic with work and dealing with a tantrum toddler phase!

Genevevex, thanks for the link. I'll ask my mfm about it. My ob previously said 38+0 at the latest with no complications but I'll see what the mfm says.

Chrissy, I'm glad you passed your glucose screen. Sorry about the iron :/ The last thing we want while pregnant is to mess up our digestive systems even more, right?

Mumof5, sorry your so uncomfortable! The standard of care with an ob in the US is to be screened at 28 weeks for gd with a 1 hr then if you fail to do the 3 hr for diagnosis. Of course I'm sure there's still a lot of variation.

Tiny, I know it sucks right now but it will get better. I'm sorry you have to go through this. But don't be scared to eat. I know my body processes 50g of pure sugar wayyy worse than 50g of carbs at lunch. So as long as you're not downing soda and cookies for all you're meals, you are probably just fine until you come up with a plan with the Dr.

My fasting and lunch glucose levels today were great. We'll see how the after dinner numbers look. My Dr may just back off if my levels look normal after a week. Fingers crossed!

It seems like all the 28 week bloodwork/tests have been keeping us on our toes! I have my anemia test early next week. The twins are getting fetal echocardiograms with the cardiologist and growth scans with the mfm. So I have to see 3 doctors next week! Although a 3.5 day work week isn't so bad :D

Argh, at my midwife appt today they measured by fundal height to be a little over 34 weeks (two different midwives measured) and I'm not even 30 weeks yet. I've been concerned about the size of my bump for a while now, and they finally acknowledged that it might be a big baby or excess fluid. They're sending me for a special ultrasound to check my fluid levels, and of course since I've looked into the things that can cause excess fluid, it's really freaked me out that something serious might be wrong with her :( I apparently don't have GD, nor issues with blood pressure, but so many other scary things could potentially be wrong.

When's your scan Jez? Hopefully it's something insignificant. A growth scan will give much more accurate info than a tape measure. Keep us updated! Sending good vibes your way.

Thanks Sapphire. I have to wait to hear back from the hospital about the appointment. I'm trying to focus on reading only posts where women measured 4 weeks ahead or had excess fluid and everything was fine, which **seems** to be the majority...

Jezika - the tape measures aren't very accurate. My sister measured 8 weeks behind at 34 weeks but when they did a scan, baby was measuring on 50th percentile! I'm sure all will be fine.

Jezika I am sure you'll be fine - baby could have just been lying differently to push your tummy out at that time, or you could just have lots of fluid etc. I'm sure if they were very worried they'd have scanned you immediately. I'm glad they're giving you an extra scan for peace of mind though :)

The last few days I have started to feel a bit sick again. Not as bad as before, but I just feel gross. I'm going to make some leek and potato soup this morning so I can have a fresh, clean lunch and then something kind of healthy for dinner. I think it might be where I've had a lot of dairy the last few days and it's upset my already strange digestive system. Suppose everything is getting very squashed in there now so this is going to be the reality for the next few months.

Jez the same happened with me a few weeks ago at my appt. The doctor looked surprised after she measured me and asked if I was a big baby at birth hahaha (I was actually). But the doctor didn't seem all that concerned and scheduled me for another ultrasound when I get closer just to see how it's all going. To be honest I forgot about it until I read your post. I think it will be fine!

Edit: I just looked at my calendar. Actually the ultrasound is next week. I'll let you know how it went.

Hey ladies, hope everyone is doing okay and that if people are having issues that they're resolved quickly and that our babies continue to behave themselves.

I passed my GTT which I am relieved about, I honestly don't think I could have coped with another complication on top of the ones that are currently being monitored. Baby boy has been quiet today, I felt him loads this morning between 3-5am when I woke up suddenly. I guess he's just having a rest. I'm wondering if the fact I've got a head cold is to do with it as well. I feel exhausted.

How is everyone doing?

Doing ok over here, Tweeks. Glad you passed your GTT.

Jez, my fluids were measuring "on the high side of normal" at my last U/S at 25 weeks, but they didn't seem concerned. I hope everything turns out ok for you guys, I'm sure it will! :flower:

Hope all is well with your scan jez, like others have said sometimes it can be down to baby's position etc, and even if you do have polyhydramnious it doesn't mean there are complications.

Well I spent last night in hospital, had a couple of funny episodes whilst at work yesterday, palpitations, fast pulse, fast breathing rate, so Drs decided to check me over, I had ecgs done and they kept me in, think they are sending me for chest X-rays today. Will know more after the ward round. Baby is fine tho thankfully, it's just me. Xx

Mumof5 hope it's nothing serious and you can go home soon :hugs:

Mum of 5 - That sounds a bit scary! Hope all is okay with you and it's just weird physiological changes. Let us know what they say. And thanks for the reassurance re: polyhydramnios :)

Thanks to everyone else for the reassurance. I hope it will be okay. I think definitely *something* is causing me to measure big, since people are constantly shocked by how big I am for 6.5 months and I honestly cannot imagine going another 2.5 months how how uncomfortable I already feel.

Tweeks - glad you passed your GTT. My little one also has very quiet periods and then super active periods, and they say you're supposed to notice patterns at this stage but it still seems pretty erratic to me?

Rose - hope the nausea goes away. I've had it come back a bit on and off too, but nowhere near as bad as first tri.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->