**December Snowflakes - 2016**

Jez, definitely erratic to me. For the past few weeks baby boy has moved loads throughout the days. I've hit 28 weeks and it seems to have changed, there's no rhyme or reason to his movements and I can go four/five hours without feeling much of anything. I've been told that you should feel them even if they're sleeping so when it goes quiet, I end up in a panic and have a meltdown daily. I'm driving my other half nuts.

Could it be baby girls position or the way you're carrying her? Have you got a small frame to begin with? Pregnancy isn't a textbook event and I find it weird how people constantly have opinions and comment on bump sizes etc. I hope that everything is okay and that baby is just being a pickle with positions. As long as she's healthy though and you're healthy, that's all that matters. xx

Thank you rose and jez, I'm ok, I persuaded them to let me home this afternoon as symptoms had all settled. I have to inject myself twice daily with clexane and awaiting a VQ scan which is marked as urgent so should be early next week, and under strict instructions to go straight back in if symptoms return. They are querying a PE, which I very much doubt it is. So no definitive answers yet, but im home with my other babies, which I'm very pleased about 💕 Xx

Mumof5, glad to hear your home and symptoms have subsided. Hopefully they clear you of anything serious soon!

I'm glad you're home mumof5. How scary. :hugs: I hope you're on the mend and no more scary episodes.

Glad you're home with your babies! I hope you manage to get a bit of rest (is that even possible with 5 little ones around?!) hoping the symptoms don't return :hugs:

I've not been able to post much recently as having tantrum/teething/sleep deprived issues with dd2 who recently turned 2, I hope this is just a phase but she's sending her and our routines out of sorts not fun at.

Glad you got to go home Mumof5, hope things stay settled down for you now :hugs:

My baby also can go for hours or most of the day and I don't feel him move and I start to worry but then I have a day like today and he's been moving loads all throughout the day.

I have my next scan on Friday so looking forward to seeing my little boy again, also will have consultant appointment and blood test, I'm going to ask the consultant some questions regarding if I do decide to go down the natural birth route, I've noted down about 5 questions so far that I want to ask one being about refusing to be induced if I go over. I hope after the appointment I feel I can make my decision.

Glad you got to go home, mumof5!

AFM dealing with a teething 14 month old with allergies lately. It's been...fun. Heh. DH's mom is going to watch her today/tonight though which will be nice. She hasn't seen her in a couple of months and this tired, pregnant mama needs a break!

Hope you enjoy the break bubbles! Are you doing anything nice or just having some chill out time?

I also can go hours without feeling this baby move. I remember being the same with DS, I never felt the right amount of kicks per hour so instead went by what was normal for him. This baby is very active but must have long lazy periods too :haha: also many of her kicks are down very low still so I'm sure she's still breech. I have been feeling some wriggles up higher which I assume are elbows moving around!!

Checking in. Not too much to report. Had an appointment Friday where I complained about... everything. Dr. gave me a refill on pain meds for my almost constant headaches, told me that the restless legs I'm having are due to circulation and there's not much to be done about them except deal with it. Apparently baby is already head down; when he checked her, her head was right down in my pelvis and it HURT as he put pressure there to feel her.

I am already having serious sleep issues. I swear this girl is never in the right position to allow me to sleep without things being painful, combined with restless legs and a headache, and I am beside myself. I just want to sleep! I finally threw most of my pillows off the bed last night in frustration, and oddly enough that helped a little bit. I can't wait until she is HERE. 10 more weeks!

Got my 3 hour glucose test scheduled for Friday, as I have lots going on at work right now and can't take the time off till then.

Mumof5 - Glad you're home and also hope you're feeling better <3

Gen - I heeearr ya! I cannot imagine going another 10 weeks. I mean, I really can't. I'm so huge and uncomfortable already, and sleeping sucks. And my midwife didn't seem to be able to discern position at my last appt, but I also felt pain in my pelvis when they applied pressure down there. I wondered what was hurting.

Jessicasmum - good for you for writing questions down. I always intend to do that but invariably forget.

Tweeks - no idea whether it's her position, but she was back to be super active again today. I guess it's possible that she'd spent a few days (or a week) mostly kicking me in the groin and possible to the back of my uterus where I wouldn't have felt it so much, and then changed position. She was protruding all over the place again today, just like a few weeks ago.

AFM, I bought this cute halloween shirt off Amazon...

Attachments

• IMG_7663.jpg
    IMG_7663.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 12
  • FullSizeRender-7.jpg
    FullSizeRender-7.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 12
Jezika, what a cute bump and I adore your shirt. Definitely my taste. :) I think you're right about position. Monday, Torben wouldn't keep still and yesterday morning but yesterday afternoon, evening and this morning have been quieter. I'm honestly starting to think that he is getting in positions where I can't feel him as well. When is your scan for baby's growth? xx

This little one's movements are getting big and sometimes painful already! :( I don't remember that happening with Ashlyn til much later but she also didn't move as much as this one.

Jezika, love the bump pics and shirt! So cute! You look great and are rocking those leggings.

I've made the conversion to mostly leggings at this point, myself. I've spent a fortune on maternity clothes this pregnancy ($150--which is a TON for me!). Got myself 3 pairs of maternity leggings. On the plus side, most of my purchases will be able to be worn AFTER the baby gets here as well.

You can get through 1st and 2nd trimesters pretty well without real maternity clothing, but it gets really hard once you hit that 3rd trimester...

Jez, love the shirt! So cute.

Gen, I've spent a small fortune too. I had almost none because most of my 3rd trimester was in the summer with dd so I only needed 2 weeks at the end where I needed work clothes. This time I'm pregnant for the first three months of the school year AND have been in maternity since 14 weeks :D

I bought a few pairs of leggings, lounge yoga pants, and roll over skirts to wear now + after baby too recently. I'm hoping they'll be comfy after the c-section. Didn't have anything loose enough last time and hated wearing dresses every day.

Cool shirt Jezika!!

I ordered some nursing tops/dresses last night. I couldn't sleep and decided to do some shopping :haha: I spent £200 which is loads for me but I thought I'll probably be in them for about 9 months at least plus I can probably start wearing some of them now. I'm fast outgrowing some of the baggy clothes that I've managed to keep wearing throughout my pregnancy. I have a few maternity dresses and tops already but jeans are getting uncomfy already.

I am so glad I have a lovely pair of Pj bottoms which are super stretchy and comfy. as soon as I get home every night they're on!

Hmm, I didn't thin about nursing tops, but they would probably be a good investment too. I suppose there's no way I can avoid the hiked-up maternity store prices there, but rose makes a good point about using them for 9 months. Weather permitting, I guess.

The other thing that is uncomfortable is my underwear. My bump start so low that my underwear has to basically sit underneath my pubic bone, so it's super tight. I don't want to buy new underwear!

Gen - yes, I've managed to get away with no maternity clothes in the first two trimesters, though now that fall is hear that's changing. At least it will still be cold enough (and my belly big enough) to wear the clothes post-baby in Jan onwards.

Jessicahide - that's so close! Are you nervous?

Tweeks - I guess the positions thing would make sense, right? Like of course sometimes they're going to be kicking us where we don't feel it as well. And I've always felt the "minimum" number of kicks, just sometimes less strongly or in different places. The weirdest is when I feel her completely flipping over inside, like with her whole body. Right now she is persistently jabbing me in seemingly every corner of my uterus. Eek!

Oh, my scan is next Tuesday. Hoping they don't find excess fluid, or if so, anything bad or worrying related to it.

I bought two packs of "maternity" underwear--that is, a size or two up from my normal. For some reason tightness around my hips and middle REALLY bothers me when pregnant, even in the early stages. So I had to switch undies and pants pretty quickly.

I've been couponing to get all my clothes. We have a store here in the States called Motherhood Maternity. It is super expensive, but they have some of the BEST clothes. I went in while they were having a sale--buy one pair of leggings, get the other 50% off and 50% off the already marked clearance prices on all clearance clothing. The store I went to had 3 racks of clearance. So I spent $90 and got a ton of stuff.

That purchase gave me "Bump bucks" to use later--$30 off a purchase of $75 or more. And I had another coupon for a pair of leggings for $10. So my next purchase ended up being around $60 (I *had* to have that one extra pretty shirt as well, you see...).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->