**December Snowflakes - 2016**

I wear motherhood maternity underwear and LOVE them. I get the low cut Bikini ones so they don't interfere with the bump. I can't imagine folding down my normal VS bikinis all pregnancy. :o

I carry low though so that is the area that pops early on me.

I also just got some larger sized undies--the low cut bikinis. They seem to be working well so far but I may need to go up another size here soon!

Geneveve I LOVE Motherhood Maternity, but it is definitely expensive!

I've been in maternity clothes from early-ish on, though can't remember when I started wearing them. I only have a few pairs of maternity underwear from last pregnancy that I wear, they are pretty comfy but most of my others still fit. Will have to find some high rise ones though for after my section so my incision isn't irritated, though I have no idea what size I'll be then; after last section, the ones I bought ended up being too small.

Gen - I love that store. I ravage the clearance racks. And then each time I get a coupon or $10 of purchase I get free or really cheap pants that are either on clearance or really good sale. I've done so well there. They do buy one get one free in clearance a lot too.

Jezika - your bump is lovely! I don't think it's any bigger than mine to be honest.

I changed into underwear 2 sizes up a few weeks ago! They're so comfy! My dh sighed when I got them out but I couldn't go back to my previous ones!

In terms of nursing tops, I spent a small fortune last time but actually just found lifting up my tops easier in the end as some of the nursing tops seemed to expose me more or you had to faff around a lot! It's all about personal choice though.

Can't believe some of you have hit the 30 week mark!

^^^ this! Definitely agree with the tops thing. I found it a lot easier to wear normal tank/cami tops and gave me more modesty than when I wore nursing tops.

30 weeks today. A really awesome feeling. 10ish weeks to go. I can't wait.

I never had any maternity pants last time but have a couple of pairs this time. Luckily I have quite a few pairs of pants which come up larger anyway so I've just been wearing those, or the stretchy ones. My bras feel so uncomfortable though! I bought some maternity ones but the straps are so wide they dig in more :( I have one bra which is comfortable as its old and stretched so I've been wearing that :haha:

I'm definitely at the point where I need more clothes! I usually wear quite fitted clothes with limited stretchability so I didn't last long before needing maternity skinny jeans, about 14 weeks. They're under bump and stretchy so they've been great. I think I bought bras around the same time as my big boobs got even bigger - they've been super comfy and they're nursing bras so a good investment. Over second tri I've picked up 2 maternity dresses, one vest and 2 tops and managed with mostly my old wardrobe, it's only now I'm finding that none of my old clothes fit anymore! I've bought a second pair of jeans but will definitely need some more vest tops and warmer tops too. Also a jacket now that it's getting colder, my current one is only just stretching over my bump! Most of my shopping has been on ASOS since it's the only place I've found Tall Maternity!

SPD and leg cramps aside I'm loving this stage of pregnancy. I can feel my baby girl's outline so easily through my skin, I can stroke her head and poke her back when she kicks me. It's so exciting. She's still transverse at the moment with her head under my right ribs but I know she has plenty of time to turn.

So far we still haven't really bought anything and the clock really is ticking now! It's so hard knowing our families want to buy things but they haven't done much yet so we aren't sure what we should get. Awkward!

Quick baby update: baby a is estimated at 2 lb 11 Oz and baby b is 2 lb 7 Oz. (they're at/just under 50th percentile for singleton growth atm)

I can't believe how close to the end we're getting. Another six to eight weeks and things will start getting exciting with a few early arrivals!

Had my growth scan today and baby is breech which I know still early so quite a bit of time to turn but he's measuring over 90th percentile so I'm having another scan in 2 weeks time rather than 4 weeks like planned and my consultant has said I'll need to have my GD test redone because this could be a sign due to his size :( so I have to go on Wednesday morning for the 2 and half hour wait in hospital again.

Sorry you have to redo the glucose test. It's not cool to make you redo that just because of size. I know people with 10lb babies that was just in their genetics, they didn't have GD.

Good luck on the test. I have it, it's not fun poking yourself 4 times a day. Maybe they just got an inaccurate measurement? Has baby been ahead the whole time?

Hey guys!

Work has started seriously kicking my butt. By the time I get a day off I feel so run down I can do nothing but sit at home. Passed GD test with not great numbers but I passed!

I'm starting to actually show a belly and today marks 30 weeks! (My new due date is the 10th because they calculated incorrectly at that first us, not that it matters much other than giving me more time!)

My next appt is this week and I'm seriously considering saying no to the flu and tdap vaccines. It's making me nervous though, I can't figure out which I feel better about.

Can't believe it's getting so close!

Bought the coming home outfit, partially on etsy. Can't wait to get it! It's my one splurge everything else has been bought second hand. https://www.etsy.com/listing/231948042/hospital-coming-home-personalized-bow?ref=cat_gallery_3

I work delivering mail and I know I'm going to have to buy some maternity long pants and a jacket big enough to cover my belly soon but we're also trying hard to save 75% of my income for the two months I'll be off. It's making me anxious. We decided to just do presents for the kids this year too.

TinyLynne: I know I thought it was a bit extreme me having to redo test just because they think baby is big, I hear all the time that the scan measurements have not been accurate. I know I wasnt going to have a tiny baby but I really didn't think massive. DD2 was 9 pounds 8 and half but I just felt that baby was going to be a little smaller than her for some reason.

No this the first time they have mentioned that he is measuring bigger the only the other thing was at my dating scan he is showing 3-4 days in front of when he should be due because I was tracking ovulation, but I don't think 3-4 days would make too much difference at all.

Sorry you have GD :( Was you treated with just diet first or did you have to do injections from the start?

Caitrin: Lovely coming home outfit :) I've still not bought a thing for my little boy :blush:
We just do kids present on my husbands side other than his parents but that was his familys choice not ours, my side we get all presents as we have sort of always been like if you can't afford presents we won't do anyone's, my family and hubby's family are so different.

Jessicasmum - I just found out about the GD. I tested for it earlier in the pregnancy and had absolutely flying colors on the test. And then it just popped up. I have gotten little to no support yet. Other than the burs calling me to give me my results (6 days after I already had them!) and writing me a prescription for testing supplies. I was told the diabetes management place would call me. Days later they did and I only had 2 options on meeting with them, one I will be out of town for, so we are going to the earlier one which is the 10th! 2 1/2 weeks with a diagnosis and no support is absolutely unacceptable to me. I've had to rely on friends and Google to tell me where my levels should be when I test, and so far they have been pretty great. But I don't know what my doctor finds acceptable or when I should be worried, I just couldn't get that answer and I'm furious about it right now.

Hope all goes well with your test.

I am still trying to get through to get my results! They told me to phone the next day and gave me a card with a number on it but nobody answers the phone. I've tried multiple times a day all week. I assume they'd have phoned me by now if there was an issue but it seems a bit silly telling me to phone the next day and then not answering all week! They don't have an answer machine either. Maybe I'll try phoning the general number tomorrow and then explain that I can't reach someone in that department.

Can't believe I am almost 3/4 of the way there! It's going so fast now.

Yesterday we went to my graduation ceremony, which was nice. However the day didn't get off to a great start because as I was loading up the car, I shut the car door not noticing that DS had walked up and stood right next to it so it bashed him in the head. He is always walking up and standing right behind me where I can't see him and I've told him a million times but he keeps doing it anyway. I felt terrible and picked him up to cuddle him, and as I was carrying him I twisted my ankle and fell down on to the road and he hit his head again :( my poor baby! Luckily he was really brave but he did cry a lot and I hurt my knee - luckily I didn't land on bump. we had to do an emergency supermarket trip for tights and he was clingy for a good couple of hours but then by the time the ceremony was on, he had got over it and was really good. Bless him! I am now too scared to carry him anywhere as I just don't have enough balance and support in my joints anymore :( it's so lucky that I kind of managed to break his fall before he hit his head or he could have had a nasty injury. All he ended up with was a little bump and Graze on the back of his head. I felt awful :(

I think I am starting to get pregnancy depression..... if that's a thing. With all of the events of this past few weeks, I am struggling hard core. Logan is breech (has been pretty much this whole pregnancy, but is quickly running out of room), at 28+4 he was measuring 30+1 and weighing 3.3 pounds.....and I was just diagnosed with gestational diabetes. THe insulin hasn't made a bit of difference in my glucose levels either so I think I'll have to up my dose and add in meal times. Why can't things just be easy?

Jrepp big :hugs: have you mentioned it to your partner/family members and midwife? You don't have to suffer alone and I am sure there are things they can do to help. Sounds like you've had a really tough pregnancy, you have every reason to feel down. My pregnancy has been quite routine yet I have struggled with feeling down at points, it's been so much harder this time around.

Morning Ladies

Mine is also breech had a scan on Friday. For some reason MW decided to scan in 6 weeks rather than the 4 that I was told. However I didn't see the point in arguing or pushing for a scan in 4 weeks esp as everything else seems ok.

Jreep depression in pregnancy isn't unknown. Speak to your MW or GP but it could just be everything else that is getting to you.

Jrepp pregnancy depression absolutely is a thing, please don't suffer in silence. You're dealing with a lot right now and you need proper support. Definitely call up your midwife/doctor, wherever you have regular check-ups today and let them know you're struggling, you don't have to wait until your next appointment to do something. Have you talked to your partner or anyone else about how you're feeling? Big hugs xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->