**December Snowflakes - 2016**

I bought my little ones Christmas outfit the other day, Santa style dress with red and white stripes tights, it's sooo cute 💕. Hope your little one stays put a little longer expatmomkorea, sending you lots of positive thoughts xx

I haven't really thought about Christmas outfit either. I have decided that baby needs a stocking incase it does make it in time. But I'm guessing it will be still be so small that a nicer baby grow will do the job.

I haven't bought a Xmas outfit as I dont want to tempt fate and make her late :haha: I have got a stocking though and some presents as I think DS would find it odd if she was here and Santa didn't deliver! I'm just putting a few small things in there since she won't be old enough to even know (and might not be here yet at all!!!

Arghh girls I'm really disappointed, saw my GP yesterday and because of my very high cholesterol I need to be started on statins once baby's born which means I won't be able to breastfeed 😔. She said I could wait for max of 6 weeks so I guess breastfeeding her for 6 weeks is better than nothing.....

Expatmomkorea - I'm sorry to hear that. I do hope baby can stay put for a few more weeks and that the pre-eclampsia is managed.

Mumof5 - I can understand the disappointment, but as you say 6 weeks is better than nothing - and there's nothing you can do about it unfortunately. Your health is just as important.

Anyone here who would be interested in a Facebook group for our babies? My two older sons have birth month groups on Facebook and I'm still close with and talk to the ladies regularly and we keep up to date on each others littles, even the July 2013 group from my oldest son :)

Arghh girls I'm really disappointed, saw my GP yesterday and because of my very high cholesterol I need to be started on statins once baby's born which means I won't be able to breastfeed 😔. She said I could wait for max of 6 weeks so I guess breastfeeding her for 6 weeks is better than nothing.....

6 weeks is so much better than nothing! I can imagine how you feel though, I'd be devastated also. But 6 weeks is fantastic and so good for baby. :) sometimes our health comes first and that's nothing to be ashamed of.

MumOf5 - I get why that's disappointing :( It sounds important to your health, though, and 6 weeks is definitely far better than nothing. I know it sucks when breastfeeding doesn't work out for a woman for any number of reasons, but unfortunately it happens (as you know).

Expatmomkorea - awww, I hope you're out of the hospital soon and baby can hang on a little longer!

Counting - yes, definitely!

Anyone who would like to connect on facebook:

PM me your info and I will add you to Facebook. Once I do I'll add you to a December 2016 group I've created :)

Sorry Mumof5 but it's good that you get to have 6 weeks of breastfeeding, I know the feeling as I was all set to breastfed DD2 and I was told before starting my meds that they were ok to use but after having her I was told by midwives that they weren't safe to, also same this time so I'll never experience breastfeeding with any of my children but I see it that my health is important for myself and baby.

Counting I would of loved to have joined but I removed myself from Facebook over 3 years ago, me and hubby had trouble on there so we came off for our safety. Would of been nice to of been able to keep in touch with you all.

Understood, I'm on Facebook mainly for my mom groups and keeping family up to date on my boys lives.

On that note anyone who does connect with me on FB will be able to determine I am exactly who I say am, haha. Which is obviously mostly just a mama who loves her kids :p nothing much too interesting there :p

Great idea about the Facebook group. :)

MUMOF5, I'm sorry about the restrictions that you're facing. Any type of breastfeeding is beneficial, I can understand your disappointment though as I might have restrictions if Torben comes early or is in the neo natal unit... it's been something I've been worried about since finding out about the antibodies in my body. :hugs:

@MUMOF5: That outfit sounds darling! Christmas outfits are always the cutest!

I'm so sorry to hear about the shortened time for breastfeeding. I didn't realize statins created such a problem. :( Maybe your milk will start a little early and you can start freezing/storing a little extra so you can span it out a little longer.

And thank you for the positive thoughts. It keeps me in such good spirits. :)

@tommyg: Yeah, it is a bit early. I originally planned to shop for her outfit in November, but decided to do everything faster since I'll be expediting her delivery. I really like the mini stocking idea! If you get a really tiny, ornamental one, maybe you can use it as a special memory ornament for the tree. :)

@rose: I felt the same way about buying one when my due date was set for December 31st. Lol That's awesome that you're still creating the Christmas magic for your son just in case she does arrive around then. :) I'm sure he'll love it.

@Loopy Laura: Thank you for the concern. :)

I actually found out yesterday that I'll be hospitalized until delivery. The doctors are hoping to help me carry up to 34 weeks; then, I'll schedule the delivery. I've got the steroid shots done and now it's just staying positive and encouraging my little girl to grow nice, healthy and strong. :)
So I'm actually looking at a November delivery, one week before Thanksgiving.

@counting: a mom group would be awesome. I have to reconnect with people in the U.S. since I won't be having my baby in Korea.

Expatmomkorea - I'm sorry that you're having to be hospitalised until delivery. But you're in the best place and they'll ensure your baby grows healthy until delivery. Make sure you have some good books/magazines etc and try to enjoy some peace and quiet (easier said than done). I hope everything goes smoothly over the next few weeks.

Good luck Expatmomkorea. I concur with Laura, have books, games, colouring, knitting and a plethora of DVDs on a laptop if possible because hospital stays are mind numbing. I went in unprepared with my daughter's pregnancy and it was awful. You are in the right place though and I'm sending tons of positive vibes your way. :)

Hospital stays are HARD. Do make sure you have lots to keep you from going too crazy. And pack snacks. Adult colouring books are good too. Along with the above suggested. If you can bring a blanket, towels, nice soaps from home. Things to make you feel human.

Good.luck.

Blah. Here I am feeling very sorry for myself and you ladies are having much worse problems than me. Mumof5, if you want to breastfeed you should do as much as you can. Are they going to repeat your bloods at 6 weeks? I wonder if things will have improved a little once you're no longer pregnant. Expatmom that really sucks that you have to go into hospital, and probably having your baby much earlier than expected.

I'm lucky to be having a healthy pregnancy and I know that, but I'm flat out exhausted. I go to bed for 8-9 hours but only sleep for 6, between my SPD pain and the most horrendous leg cramps I just can't stay asleep. Then I have to drag my ass to work. I'm on a stretch of days where I only have one day off in 9 and it's really killing me. All I want is to rest properly. After my last set of nights 2 weeks ago I never properly recovered so I've come off the on-call rota now which means just 9-5 days but those are still exhausting. I waddle around in pain just trying to hold it together. As I say, I know this is nothing compared to what you some of guys are going through and I'm so grateful to be having this little girl but ugh the last 5 weeks at work are going to be tough (and I'm lucky enough to be able to take 6 months leave! Seriously I know how good I have it).

Grace - I'm sorry you're struggling. I'm also struggling with leg/bottom cramps which are stopping me sleeping well. It's so frustrating! Any problem is a problem so don't feel bad about feeling like this! Being uncomfortable is the worst. I hope you're able to get some proper rest soon and that work eases up a bit.

Blah. Here I am feeling very sorry for myself and you ladies are having much worse problems than me. Mumof5, if you want to breastfeed you should do as much as you can. Are they going to repeat your bloods at 6 weeks? I wonder if things will have improved a little once you're no longer pregnant. Expatmom that really sucks that you have to go into hospital, and probably having your baby much earlier than expected.

I'm lucky to be having a healthy pregnancy and I know that, but I'm flat out exhausted. I go to bed for 8-9 hours but only sleep for 6, between my SPD pain and the most horrendous leg cramps I just can't stay asleep. Then I have to drag my ass to work. I'm on a stretch of days where I only have one day off in 9 and it's really killing me. All I want is to rest properly. After my last set of nights 2 weeks ago I never properly recovered so I've come off the on-call rota now which means just 9-5 days but those are still exhausting. I waddle around in pain just trying to hold it together. As I say, I know this is nothing compared to what you some of guys are going through and I'm so grateful to be having this little girl but ugh the last 5 weeks at work are going to be tough (and I'm lucky enough to be able to take 6 months leave! Seriously I know how good I have it).

No GraceER they won't repeat it, it's normal for cholesterol to increase in pregnancy but mine is beyond normal perameters for pregnancy. My family has strong hx of heart disease and mi's at a young age, so they believe it to be familial hypercholestrolaemia. I will feed her up to the day I go on statins and try to pump and store some too. I too have spd and feel your pain. I've been signed off sick til mat heave starts mainly for this, although I don't think the fact that her head is already 2/5 engaged is really helping with that 😕. Will be seriously surprised if this little lady stays put for much longer. Is being signed off sick not an option for you? Xx

Oh dear familial hypercholesterolaemia is serious. Much more important for you to take care of yourself than breastfeed long term. I hope you get on well with the statins. Getting signed off sick is always an option but that would mean basically that this whole rotation I'm on is scrapped and I have to do a full year from August instead of just 8 months. It's stupid but if I don't do at least 3.5 months, it doesn't count for training!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->