**December Snowflakes - 2016**

Thank you so much for the amazing suggestions! I have a prayer shawl that I've been meaning to finish. Now, I don't have an excuse. lol

My mother has been a blessing. She brought me a lot of snacks and home comforts. She is going to buy me an adult coloring book later. I'm excited to have something detailed to work on. So far, the stay has been manageable. I just hope it can last for another 6 weeks or so. My fingers are crossed. :)

My blood pressure is still very high; however, the baby is very snug and healthy so far. I haven't had any severe symptoms so I'll start a new medication and see if that'll take care of the numbers. All in all, I cannot complain. As long as the baby and I are managing okay, I'll do what needs to be done. ^^

@GraceER: Pregnancy is tough. Complain and feel sorry for yourself as much as you need. Now that I understand what other women are going through, I feel like none of us can rank the severity of each other's symptoms and feelings. You're working hard while still so far along, that's an amazing feat of strength. I send you all of my energy and positive vibes and hope you find a little extra strength to get you through the last stretch of work. You can do it!

I hope the leg cramps ease up at some point for you and LoopyLaura. :( My heart goes out to you both. Cramps are the worst. :cry:

To the ladies with the legs cramps, I've been getting them too, they say low calcium, but it is more likely low potassium causing it. I started drinking a glass of banana milk before bed so I cover both calcium and potassium, and it seems to have been working pretty well so far. Something to try, plus it is super yummy!

Re: leg cramps. My sister had horrible ones, they were so bad she didn't sleep at all and they put her on a low dose of Ambien (btw the baby is 2 now and perfect in every way). Her doctor said it was due to anemia - my sister was so anemic they had to do iron transfusion three times a week. So for those with leg cramps maybe have your iron levels checked if you haven't already.

Expat definitely take some craft stuff to hospital with you.

Grace that sounds so hard. Are you going to be able to take maternity without affecting your training?

Mum 6 weeks will give baby the best start don't forget that it is really important for baby to have a healthy mummy too.

Cramps - definitely not an anemic / iron issue here. But they are driving me nuts started when I was only about 12 weeks. Might try increasing my banana intake just incase it is potassium.

Expat sorry you've been admitted. Hopefully you will be able to feel well rested for when baby arrives.

Luckily I haven't had cramps for a few days. I am still waking up loads for a wee though, it's driving me mad! Would love a full 8 hours of sleep without waking!! DS is going to my mums on Saturday and staying the night, DH is at work on Saturday so I'm looking forward to spending some time chilling out, I think I might try to get a hair appointment, and I'm meeting up with a friend for lunch. Then DH and I are going out with some friends for a meal on Saturday night. I can't wait!

For the past few days DS has had a horrible cold and cough so he's been extra short tempered. This morning he dropped his whole drink on the floor and then had a massive tantrum. It's exhausting!

Jezika - SO glad that your scan has come back normal!

GraceER - I understand your pain! I am still working 40+ hours a week and have two little ones at home. No rest for the weary. I also have the restless legs/leg cramps. Nothing seems to help except a medication the dr gave me for my breakthrough anxiety. I take one every night now, otherwise I wouldn't sleep at all. As it is, it still takes me 2-3 hours to fall asleep. Usually bananas help me, but I've been eating them like crazy and they haven't let up. The doctor said it MIGHT be due to low iron, but more than likely it's just a circulatory issue due to baby.

Expatmomkorea - Good luck staying in the hospital. Keep that baby cooking!

And as for me...
I passed my 3-hour glucose test. The doctor said they weren't going to change my diet or make me test or anything, but to keep an eye on my diet anyway since I failed the 1 hour.

Luckily, Hurricane Matthew wobbled to the east when it got to my part of FL, so we didn't sustain any real damage, and never even lost power at my house! Just got a few paid days off work, which was actually great. I'm so thankful it didn't hit my area directly!

The other night baby wedged into my hip and popped it out of place. It hurt so badly I broke down and had to take a muscle relaxer from my last pregnancy. Best sleep ever, though! But it started hurting again when I got up. Had to take a pill two nights in a row for relief before it finally popped back into place.

Took my son to the dentist yesterday, and my blood pressure (and sugar?) TANKED while I was there. The Dentist had them check my blood pressure and give me water and some chocolate. They wouldn't let me move until my blood pressure came back up. Meanwhile, this is an hour away from home. I finally started feeling better and my blood pressure came back up, so I could drive home, but it was really scary. I don't think I'll be driving anywhere far on my own until after this baby is here. Really don't know which was the problem, but I'm suspicious it was low-sugar, and I'm not certain how to manage it correctly. :(

Other than that, all is well. Waiting and waiting and painting a crib and a dresser (almost done!).

I've been so productive these last couple days (bored from being off work), packed mine and baby's hospital bag, washed and put up Moses basket, washed and partially set up crib in bedroom and assembled pram/car seat etc. Last couple of bits to get for my hospital bag, but otherwise pretty much ready 😬, so excited xx

I've been in cleaning mode lately...definitely nesting! It's hard to believe I'm already 31 weeks pregnant and this baby is coming in, at the most, 8 weeks since my scheduled section date is Dec. 7th. o_o

Mumof5 has got me thinking about hospital bags. I can't remember what I used the last time but is it easier to use a soft holdall or a small cabin sized case?

My feeling is I used a holdall (that I've since charity shopped).

I prefer a duffle bag because it's easier to move out of the way for visitors but I always travel with a quilted duffle so it's what I'm used to :)

I started packing the babies' bag but feel like I've overloaded it with clothes! We'll be in the hospital for 3-4 days and there are two babies... How many onsies or sleepers would you pack?

Last baby I didn't have a bag packed for baby and my mom went out and bought clothes so I don't remember how many we ended up using.

I would pack about 7 vests and sleep suits for each of them. Basically allowing 2 changes per day. But do remember that you can send stuff home to be washed.

I've used my holdal style cabin bag for me and my larger changing bag for baby's bits. I'm going to also leave a stash of extra bits for me and baby at home, that is easily accessible for hubby to find if for any reason I need to stay in longer. Xx

I'll probably use a small soft suitcase that I have, and put both our bits in it. It zips right open so will be easy to access everything. Last time I took a couple of smaller bags and it was difficult to find things without taking everything out. I will probably take 4 baby grows and 4 vests, and enough nappies for 2-3 days. I will take more clothes for me this time, as last time I had to send DH home to get some more and he ended up bringing something unsuitable (I asked for leggings and he brought tights :haha:) I will also leave another bag of clothes at home so he doesn't need to search for things if I do end up in hospital longer.

Jezika - SO glad that your scan has come back normal!

GraceER - I understand your pain! I am still working 40+ hours a week and have two little ones at home. No rest for the weary. I also have the restless legs/leg cramps. Nothing seems to help except a medication the dr gave me for my breakthrough anxiety. I take one every night now, otherwise I wouldn't sleep at all. As it is, it still takes me 2-3 hours to fall asleep. Usually bananas help me, but I've been eating them like crazy and they haven't let up. The doctor said it MIGHT be due to low iron, but more than likely it's just a circulatory issue due to baby.

Expatmomkorea - Good luck staying in the hospital. Keep that baby cooking!

And as for me...
I passed my 3-hour glucose test. The doctor said they weren't going to change my diet or make me test or anything, but to keep an eye on my diet anyway since I failed the 1 hour.

Luckily, Hurricane Matthew wobbled to the east when it got to my part of FL, so we didn't sustain any real damage, and never even lost power at my house! Just got a few paid days off work, which was actually great. I'm so thankful it didn't hit my area directly!

The other night baby wedged into my hip and popped it out of place. It hurt so badly I broke down and had to take a muscle relaxer from my last pregnancy. Best sleep ever, though! But it started hurting again when I got up. Had to take a pill two nights in a row for relief before it finally popped back into place.

Took my son to the dentist yesterday, and my blood pressure (and sugar?) TANKED while I was there. The Dentist had them check my blood pressure and give me water and some chocolate. They wouldn't let me move until my blood pressure came back up. Meanwhile, this is an hour away from home. I finally started feeling better and my blood pressure came back up, so I could drive home, but it was really scary. I don't think I'll be driving anywhere far on my own until after this baby is here. Really don't know which was the problem, but I'm suspicious it was low-sugar, and I'm not certain how to manage it correctly. :(

Other than that, all is well. Waiting and waiting and painting a crib and a dresser (almost done!).

To help manage your low blood sugar, try balancing out any carbs/sugar you eat with some kind of protein. If I have too many carbs/sugar without protein, my sugar will usually crash.

Have to get started on my hospital bags! I never know kw long the jaundice treatment is going to take so I never know how much to pack.

I'll probably pack myself a few pairs of maternity pants, shirts and some comfy jammies. A few sports bras, razors, pads, granny panties, socks and slippers toothbrush.laptop, camera, etc.
For Fox probably a few sleepers and onesies, diapers ( newborn cloth but also some disposables for under the lights), non petroleum jelly, take home outfit... I think that's it really!

I have t prepared anything yet, and I mean anything! As I have a DD already and this one is a girl I think I've become complacent that I have everything but that's not true! I need a going home/Christmas outfit, nappies and of course a hospital bag as well as all the pads, nipple cream etc! You have all got me motivated to have a look at what I need this weekend!

You all are making me wanna go ahead and get my bag ready! I think that will be on my list for the evening! :)

I passed my glucose test (phew!) but my iron levels have decreased a lot since my last blood test. The levels are 118 gl. The midwife said I could take spatone floridex as an iron supplement but I can't decide whether that's necessary?! I am feeling exhausted all the time but my 2 year old is not sleeping well at the moment so with that, work and the loft extension, and my leg cramps, it's inevitable! I have also been short of breath. Is anyone else taking iron supplements?

Loopy Laura: That's great you have passed the glucose test :thumbup:
Sorry about the low iron, I'm on iron tablets been on them since July but going to find out tomorrow from my last blood test if my iron is ok now if so can come off them.

AFM: I have another growth scan tomorrow and consultant appointment, will see if baby is still showing big and has gone head down yet.
In other news my hubby passed his driving test yesterday, his first ever test, so finally we will be able get a car and go places off our own backs, it will make a huge difference to own lives especially mine as I don't get to leave the house very often.

I passed my glucose test (phew!) but my iron levels have decreased a lot since my last blood test. The levels are 118 gl. The midwife said I could take spatone floridex as an iron supplement but I can't decide whether that's necessary?! I am feeling exhausted all the time but my 2 year old is not sleeping well at the moment so with that, work and the loft extension, and my leg cramps, it's inevitable! I have also been short of breath. Is anyone else taking iron supplements?

I'm taking iron supplements. 118 is well within the normal range for pregnancy, mine is 118 too, however the reason I'm on iron is due to very low ferritin levels (8). I'd ask for them to do yours, as a reasonably good hb can mask low ferritin levels, which basically means you have no or very low reserves. This would explain your breathlessness. Do u get palpitations or fast pulse at times as well? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->