**December Snowflakes - 2016**

Great news about your husband passing his test jessicasmum! I am sure that will make things so much easier for the whole family. I can't imagine not having my car, I really take it for granted.

I have caught DS' cold and sore throat, and he now has what I think is an ear infection. I'm taking him to the Drs this afternoon. Being ill is no fun when pregnant :(

I seem to struggle with low iron every pregnancy. My level is something like .5 below where it is supposed to be the last they checked. They want me to take a supplement, which I have been doing, but I don't take it regularly as my iron isn't terribly low.

I am on iron supplements. They found me to be anemic four weeks ago - but I don't remember what number I was at. Just yesterday they retested me so I'm waiting for the results. I've been taking SlowFE (not sure if they have this outside of the U.S.) it's made by Glaskow Smith Klein (GSK). I tolerate it really well if I take it on an empty stomach with a glass of orange juice. My problem is I rarely remember to get 2 in per day which is what the doctor wanted me to do - but I always get 1 in. So we will see if it's working soon.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO incredibly tired all the time now. I mean I could sleep all day and night and I'd probably still be tired. Not sure if it's my iron or what. Anyone else having this problem?

I got my test results back and I am no longer anemic so the iron supplements worked. But I'm so tired! :sleep:

I got my test results back and I am no longer anemic so the iron supplements worked. But I'm so tired! :sleep:

Glad that the supplements are helping! But, yeah, I'm tired, too. Feel like I'm running on auto-pilot most of the time. Then half the time when I finally CAN lay down and sleep I lay there wide awake but exhausted.

I passed my glucose test (phew!) but my iron levels have decreased a lot since my last blood test. The levels are 118 gl. The midwife said I could take spatone floridex as an iron supplement but I can't decide whether that's necessary?! I am feeling exhausted all the time but my 2 year old is not sleeping well at the moment so with that, work and the loft extension, and my leg cramps, it's inevitable! I have also been short of breath. Is anyone else taking iron supplements?

I'm taking iron supplements. 118 is well within the normal range for pregnancy, mine is 118 too, however the reason I'm on iron is due to very low ferritin levels (8). I'd ask for them to do yours, as a reasonably good hb can mask low ferritin levels, which basically means you have no or very low reserves. This would explain your breathlessness. Do u get palpitations or fast pulse at times as well? x

Thank you! I have had palpitations for about 3 years on and off and had every test possible to determine the cause but I never manage to catch the tests during palpitations. Weirdly I haven't really had them this pregnancy. That's good to know 118 is normal, maybe I will leave the supplement and just focus more on my diet for a bit.

I am on iron supplements. They found me to be anemic four weeks ago - but I don't remember what number I was at. Just yesterday they retested me so I'm waiting for the results. I've been taking SlowFE (not sure if they have this outside of the U.S.) it's made by Glaskow Smith Klein (GSK). I tolerate it really well if I take it on an empty stomach with a glass of orange juice. My problem is I rarely remember to get 2 in per day which is what the doctor wanted me to do - but I always get 1 in. So we will see if it's working soon.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO incredibly tired all the time now. I mean I could sleep all day and night and I'd probably still be tired. Not sure if it's my iron or what. Anyone else having this problem?

Thank you! And yes, I am constantly tired all the time. I don't remember this from last time!

Great news about your husband passing his test jessicasmum! I am sure that will make things so much easier for the whole family. I can't imagine not having my car, I really take it for granted.

I have caught DS' cold and sore throat, and he now has what I think is an ear infection. I'm taking him to the Drs this afternoon. Being ill is no fun when pregnant :(

Thank you :) Just hope we can get a car sorted as soon as, as getting lifts of mother in law is getting a bit tiresome, it's great she helps out with lifts but she doesn't half make us pay for it with how she speaks.

Awww sorry your little one is ill and you've also caught it, can't be much fun for either of you :(

Glad that the supplements are helping! But, yeah, I'm tired, too. Feel like I'm running on auto-pilot most of the time. Then half the time when I finally CAN lay down and sleep I lay there wide awake but exhausted.

This same thing for me! I'm so tired all day but when it's time for bed it takes at least an hour to fall asleep! Oh the joys of being pregnant !:haha:

So I had a consultant appt today and he made the decision to give me steroids in case baby comes early 😳. In reality I know it's a real possibility (had a 34 weeker and two 36 weekers) but it's still a bit of a reality check. So I have a sore right buttock and then go back for my second dose tomorrow and will have two sore buttocks 😣. At least it's a little reassuring they if she does come early then it'll help her lung maturity xx

Had my growth scan and consultant appointment today, baby is head down now and he's still over the 90th percentile but they said he's going in the direction they would expect going off last scan, so no concerns, so no more GTT :happydance: They are saying he's measuring to be a weight of 4 pounds 6.
I'll have my next scan in 4 weeks. Bloods were fine but said for me to stay on the iron tablets any way.

Ooh MUMof5 I hate the steroid injections. Evil midwife that did it to me with my daughter's pregnancy shook me awake at 2am and stabbed me with the needle and told me to go back to sleep. It felt like my entire leg was on fire. It is good though that they're preparing for every eventuality and not leaving things to chance. It's going to be okay though and I hope the steroids don't cane too much. :hug;

That's great news Jessicasmum. :)

Mumof5 sorry about needing the steroid injections but hopefully it will help you sleep easier at night just in case.

Jessica's mum, great news! I know doctors love their charts (heck I do too!) but somebody has to be at the top and bottom of them :) My dd was a 2nd percentile baby and is still a 2nd percentile 3 year old. It doesn't always mean there's a problem!

I had a growth scan yesterday and the girls are measuring 3 lb 11 Oz and 3 lb 4 Oz at 30+5 weeks.

My doctor's goal is to get me to at least 36 weeks. Barring any complications and going into labor, I'll schedule a c-section at 38 weeks. Things are getting real now as I only have 7 weeks max left!

I do feel like I'm in a third trimester funk of being bored and tired of being pregnant. I was measuring full term a month ago and my overdistended uterus hurts!

Mumof5 sorry about needing the steroid injections but hopefully it will help you sleep easier at night just in case.

Jessica's mum, great news! I know doctors love their charts (heck I do too!) but somebody has to be at the top and bottom of them :) My dd was a 2nd percentile baby and is still a 2nd percentile 3 year old. It doesn't always mean there's a problem!

I had a growth scan yesterday and the girls are measuring 3 lb 11 Oz and 3 lb 4 Oz at 30+5 weeks.

My doctor's goal is to get me to at least 36 weeks. Barring any complications and going into labor, I'll schedule a c-section at 38 weeks. Things are getting real now as I only have 7 weeks max left!

I do feel like I'm in a third trimester funk of being bored and tired of being pregnant. I was measuring full term a month ago and my overdistended uterus hurts!

This is so random. But how big is your dd at 3? My ds#2 (18 months) has a growth delay and he is below the 0%( and healthy.. kids do come in every size) ! I'm always trying to figure out how big he might be at different ages for things like car seat planning and clothes shopping, haha.

In other news, if anyone wants to join the fb group, please just message me your name on fb and I'll add you. We have a few ladies on there and I'd like to get it a little more lively as its so much easier to keep up with things and do updates on there!

Mum of 5...i had the steriods last week. It hurts :(

My growth scan yest but all was ok xx

Mum of 5...i had the steriods last week. It hurts :(

My growth scan yest but all was ok xx

Literally the worst injection ever, on par with cannulas for sure 😣. How come u needed steroids midnight fairy? Must've missed it on here. Hope all is ok xx

I was bleeding last week and contractions. Was in for 2 days but all stopped xx I wasnt expecting the pain and cried. The 2nd wasnt so bad as was expecting it. Still nasty xx

Sorry to mumof5 and midnight fairy that you've had to take steroid injections. Sounds very painful but good that they're taking good care of you. Midnight fairy, glad the contractions and bleeding stopped, that must have been scary.

Seems like most of us are going through the steroid shots. My hiney can still recall the pain. lol

But I'm so glad to see that everyone is doing okay. Midnight fairy, I'm relieved they were able to get your contractions and bleeding to stop. I'm sure it was worrisome.

I had the same thing happen to me last night. My nurse woke me up in a tizzy at 12 a.m. telling me I'm having contractions and need to get an IV drip and meds going. They were able to stop it all around 6 a.m.

Originally, we were all confident about getting me to 34 weeks, now it looks like 30 weeks is the goal. And it's proving to be quite the challenge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->