**December Snowflakes - 2016**

Sorry to hear that expatmomkorea - I hope baby holds on as long as possible but you're in good hands whatever happens.

Hi everyone,

Just joined up here yesterday and found this section today.

I've already got a 9 month old son called Eduardo (Eddie) and expecting another on 29 December (Luca)

Hope baby stays in a little longer expatmom. Welcome Sophiebabes 👋🏻. So sad today ladies, woke to terrible news this morning, my cousins baby died yesterday, she was 3 weeks ahead of me. It was her first baby, I'm totally heartbroken for her 😓 Xx

@MUMOF5: my heart goes out to your cousin and her little angel. I'm saying a prayer for your cousin and her little rainbow.

@Sophiebabes: Welcome to the group! The more winter babies the merrier! ^^

Well ladies, looks like today is the day. I've been scheduled to have a c-section in 5 hours. My little Amelia is coming out. My placenta isn't holding up too great so we need to bring her out. She's 29 + 4 so I have hope for her health.

Thinking of you expatmom and hope your baby stays snug for a bit longer!!

Welcome sophiebabes :)

Mumof5 that's terrible :( it must be so awful to get so far and lose your baby. I hope your cousin has lots of support and that in time the whole family recover from the loss. :(

Expatmom hope all goes well for you and wishing ur little girl a safe arrival. Please update us when you feel well enough too. Lots of positive well wishes your way xxx

Ladies whose babies are determined to make an early appearance, I know it's not ideal and I would be scared too but I work in paediatrics and our NICU babies do amazingly well, especially after 28 weeks and if mum has steroids before delivery. You're in the best possible hands and you have an advantage just knowing this is likely. We've had babies whose mothers had absolutely no warning before their waters suddenly breaking at 29 weeks, no steroids, smoking during pregnancy and they STILL have term babies now thriving and almost ready for discharge home. After a short period of stabilisation most of our NICU babies are "feeders and growers" as we call them, who just need a little help to get them to full term but are otherwise well. Stay strong, we're all thinking of you.

Mumof5 that's so awful about your cousin, do you mind me asking what happened? We've had a couple of infra-parfumerie deaths recently and it makes my blood run cold. Those poor families 😢. Makes me rub my belly and just be grateful every day that although i'm uncomfortable our baby girl is safe and sound.

Thank you to all of you wonderful ladies for giving me words of encouragement and such positive energy. It was such a great strength of comfort for me as I prepared for my c-section. Suddenly, having a premature baby did not seem as frightening as it once was.

My beautiful baby girl was born at 2:00 p.m. on October 16, 2016 at 2 lbs. and 4 ounces (about 1.09 kg). Her lungs are developed enough so that she doesn't need a ventilator to assist her, and she had quite the set of pipes on her when she came out. ^^

I was able to provide some breast milk for her, and the nurses are making the deliveries for me. All-in-all I feel relieved and very grateful for all everyone is doing for me.

I seem to be healing nicely from the surgery. I just need to work on the swelling in my arms and legs. I hope it will go down when they finish pumping me full of magnesium and other fluids.

Expat I've missed a couple of days. I don't quite know what to say, other than fingers crossed that baby is ok and you both recover well..

Mumof5 that's so awful about your cousin, do you mind me asking what happened? We've had a couple of infra-parfumerie deaths recently and it makes my blood run cold. Those poor families 😢. Makes me rub my belly and just be grateful every day that although i'm uncomfortable our baby girl is safe and sound.

Will pm you GraceER x

Oh Mumof5, what heart breaking news. Prayers for your cousin and her family. Makes me so grateful for each move I can feel. But we just never know.

Congrats on your little girl Expat, I know the situation isn't ideal, but how great that her lungs are doing so well and you are still able to feed her. I pray she continues to thrive and you recover well.

Mumof5 that is so heartbreaking, I'm so sorry to hear that happened to her. :(

Expat, glad you are healing well and I hope your LO continues to thrive!

Thank you to all of you wonderful ladies for giving me words of encouragement and such positive energy. It was such a great strength of comfort for me as I prepared for my c-section. Suddenly, having a premature baby did not seem as frightening as it once was.

My beautiful baby girl was born at 2:00 p.m. on October 16, 2016 at 2 lbs. and 4 ounces (about 1.09 kg). Her lungs are developed enough so that she doesn't need a ventilator to assist her, and she had quite the set of pipes on her when she came out. ^^

I was able to provide some breast milk for her, and the nurses are making the deliveries for me. All-in-all I feel relieved and very grateful for all everyone is doing for me.

I seem to be healing nicely from the surgery. I just need to work on the swelling in my arms and legs. I hope it will go down when they finish pumping me full of magnesium and other fluids.

So glad she's doing well! Hope both of you get to recovering quickly.

Congratulations Expatmom on your little girl, I hope you both continue on doing so well recovering and thriving :)

Expatmom so glad to hear your baby girl is doing so well. Make sure u get enough rest so u can take care of both yourself and your little one. Congratulations 💕

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->