• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

**December Snowflakes - 2016**

Well ladies, labor pains CAN be like gas pains! Baby B was born at 6:45 pm last night. Our little Thanksgiving turkey. 39 weeks (I never updated my ticker to the correct due date) and 5 lbs 11oz.

Congrats!!

Fox Archer Quinn was born at 2:43 am on November 25th! 38w1d.

He is a big strong boy, 7lb9oz and 50.5cm long. He's a sweet little thing, with a bit of dark hair and a dimpled chin like his mama. He is loving his mama milk and is an absolute joy.

Induction was very, very rough, but his delivery was smooth, breathed him down and I caught him myself and I even cut his cord myself.

Good luck ladies with your babies!

Ps. Pm me your info if you are interested in joining the FB group!

Congrats!!

Ugh I woke up with horrible heart burn last night and had stupidly forgotten to buy more of my Rennies. I ended up being sick and still didn't feel better, so I drank some water with bicarbonate of soda and had some yoghurt and that helped a bit. I'm so stupid letting my Rennies run out. I'm definitely
Going to get some more today!

Ugh I woke up with horrible heart burn last night and had stupidly forgotten to buy more of my Rennies. I ended up being sick and still didn't feel better, so I drank some water with bicarbonate of soda and had some yoghurt and that helped a bit. I'm so stupid letting my Rennies run out. I'm definitely
Going to get some more today!

Ahh poor you xxxxx :(

After the busy week I've had I haven't updated here. Baby Torben was born after a three hour labour after my waters were broken and two pushes on he 20th November. 5lb 4oz and 18.5 inches long. My labour was traumatic in the way of the care I received, actual delivery was quick and the easiest part. A number of issues and factors meant we had to stay in hospital for three days for ecgs, phototherapy, blood tests and constant monitoring. We're home now, settling in slowly and he's breastfeeding like a champ. His sister loves him, constantly watching him and being my little helper. :)

I'm now just waiting for the counselling team to get in contact with me to talk about the labour as I've put in a formal compliant.

Congratulations to all the ladies who've given birth recently and good luck to those still waiting. <3

Sorry to hear your birth experience was so negative Tweeks :( glad you're home though and both doing well. Glad Torbens big sister is enjoying him too!

Congratulations tweeks :) So sorry you had such a traumatic experience :( Glad you are both home now though.

Baby Henry is 10 days old and I finally have a second to write up my birth story! Henry is doing great, he had some issues with latching and breastfeeding most likely bc he was a bit early, but he is getting the hang of it and growing like a weed!

So for the story: I was originally due Dec. 4. But on the night of Monday Nov 14 I woke up at 5am with contractions. They were about 10 mins apart and steady. They stopped around 7am and I thought it was all over, but I was wrong! That day I started leaking a bit of fluid so the doc wanted me to go in and see if my waters broke. They found they had not broke and I was 2cm dilated 25% effaced. I was sent home.

The whole next day I felt fine, no contractions. But then Tuesday night at 10pm they started again. I timed them and they were between 7-8 mins apart ALL NIGHT LONG. I didn't sleep a wink. They were painful but not unbearable. The next day I continued having them and went to my obgyn who said I was 2cm 75% effaced. She said this might be early labor or it could stop and I might continue with the pregnancy.

Well later that night I took a warm bath to help ease the pain. Contractions were still going about 6-7 mins apart now. Then my husband and i laid in bed and talked. Suddenly I had a very painful contraction that wrapped around my back and then POP! i literally felt my water bag break and when I stood up it was gushing out! We started packing for the hospital and my contractions were now very very painful. We rushed out and drove 10 mins to the hospital. By the time we got there I was in agony!

They checked me and I was 100% effaced but only 2 cm. I was writhing in pain but said I should wait until 3cm for the epidural. Contractions were 2-3 mins apart. I labored naturally for an hour and a half until I was 3cm. Then I got the glorious epidural. It was about midnight at this point. I progressed very quickly after the epidural and by 3am I was 10cm. But they wanted the baby to come down more b4 pushing. So at 5am I started pushing. I pushed for an hour and a half and then baby Henry was born! He was 6lbs 7oz.

Overall the labor and birth was a great experience. I thank God for modern medicine and the epidural though bc I dont know how I could have labored for that long without it. After the waters broke I had back and front labor so it was very painful. Like a belt of knives.

After birth Henry had some trouble with BFing but after seeing a few lactation consultants he is doing great! He has already gained back his birth weight.

I wish all you ladies the best of luck and hope everything goes smoothly. And congrats to everyone who already had their babies!

15219400_10104281442756339_402398046942936295_n.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Congratulations Chrissytina! I'm so glad your little one did so well even being born so early!

Congrats to all the other new babies, too! I have read through, but haven't been keeping up on this site much, as Facebook is much easier for me.

It's been hard for me too but I've been reading to keep up to date! I'll pm to be added to the fb grip, it's easier for me to post that way.

I'm still pregnant and recently I tested positive for gbs. Baby is head down though so I'm thankful for that. My bhs are getting stronger too. Happy I'll most likely make it to December!

Congrats ladies on your births. Slightly envious here!! I've caught a bad throat and feeling pants! Haven't slept properly for 2 nights (well, haven't slept properly for 9 months, but even worse during the last 2 nights). More braxton hicks than usual last night, but nothing came from them.

Lovely birth story Chrissytina! I loved the epidural last time too and found that I progressed quickly once I'd had it.

I am noticing that baby is head butting downwards a lot and I've got a bit more discharge than normal. I'm also having loads of heartburn at night and waking a lot more than usual to wee. Hopefully it means she's getting ready. I would rather she comes around her due date though and not too early :) as much as I'm ready to not be pregnant anymore, I'm not sure I'm quite ready for another newborn yet either :haha:

Thanks for sharing the story, Chrissytina! Makes me feel better about being open to epidural too.

Oneday - I hear you on the sleep front. It's so bad. And even worse when I have to be up at 7:30am for 9:00am class. I feel utterly exhausted, but that's also because I'm a total night owl (in addition to getting up to pee literally 3-5 times per night and the heartburn).

Rose - I'm kind of in that in-between stage now. I want her to come ASAP because I want to meet her, but I'm also conscious of the fact that life will change drastically the moment she comes. It's odd to think that my life right now is pretty much as it always has been, but it's about to change huuuuuuuuugely any day now, and forever!

I think I felt some gentle cramping for the first time last night and today. No idea what that means. Feels a bit like gas but usually I'm pretty sure when it is gas (and I've had a LOT of that, let me tell you).

Thanks for sharing the story, Chrissytina! Makes me feel better about being open to epidural too.

Oneday - I hear you on the sleep front. It's so bad. And even worse when I have to be up at 7:30am for 9:00am class. I feel utterly exhausted, but that's also because I'm a total night owl (in addition to getting up to pee literally 3-5 times per night and the heartburn).

Rose - I'm kind of in that in-between stage now. I want her to come ASAP because I want to meet her, but I'm also conscious of the fact that life will change drastically the moment she comes. It's odd to think that my life right now is pretty much as it always has been, but it's about to change huuuuuuuuugely any day now, and forever!

I think I felt some gentle cramping for the first time last night and today. No idea what that means. Feels a bit like gas but usually I'm pretty sure when it is gas (and I've had a LOT of that, let me tell you).

The epidural was glorious! I labored 5 hours without it, plus another hour at 7cm bc the catheter fell out due to laboring in different positions and it was a much more pleasant experience with the epidural!

Mrs Rose - that's good to know! I'm going to see how it goes but am definitely fine with asking for the epi.

Had a lot of cramping on and off yesterday, but nothing last night or today. I googled a random thread where a BUNCH of women at 39 weeks-ish had exactly the same, and they were all convinced they would give birth soon, but - shockingly - NONE of them gave birth for at least another two weeks! So now I'm convinced I'll be pregnant forever.

Ive had all 3 of mine at 39 weeks! I am not ready but had enough. Totally had enough x

Yes, this is what I want to hear!

ETA: (Not about the having enough... sorry to hear that, though I can absolutely relate).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->