• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

**December Snowflakes - 2016**

Jessicasmum, I'm sorry things aren't going as planned. Babies and pregnancy can be so unpredictable. I am excited that you get to meet your baby in a few days!

Thank you sapphire, I just wanted to give baby a chance to come on his own accord, I know things don't always go to plan but thought the natural route was looking good this time until today, he went head down from 30 weeks unlike DD2 who was unstable lie. I just don't feel that baby is big well that big any way.
I know I should be looking on the bright side that I get to have my baby boy in less than a week just more in shock and unprepared at the moment.

The ultrasound measurements definitely can be off. My 3 girls were all early... 36 weeks (iugr/fetal distress/not in labor) and 35 weeks (twins/in labor) so 39 weeks sounds amazing to me!

I do understand wanting him to come naturally. I very much wanted a vbac with baby #2. The twins derailed those plans!

Maybe he'll decide to make his entrance in the next few days on his own? Fingers crossed.

Jessicasmum I feel for you, but equally scans can underestimate weight too, they didn't expect my little girl to be 11lbs, when she got stuck on the way out it was a very scary and traumatic time, she was stuck for a while too, thankfully with no long term effects, and as a midwife it's one of the emergencies in the delivery room that you really dread, I'll be honest I was petrified. If I'd have known her size (and the Drs had) and been offered a c section then I can honestly say that I would've gone with it. I hope all goes to plan and you can look forward to meeting your little one on Thursday xx

Thanks ladies.
I know the sonogramer said that they can be off with measurements at this stage by 15%.
Consultant was saying about concerns of his shoulders getting stuck so I know it's not a risk worth taking.

Jessicasmum - I'm sorry that this must have been a shock for you but I think a c section probably is the best option for you. On the positive side you will meet your baby soon! It's no surprise you've been feeling so uncomfortable.

Rose - I hope you can talk to the builders and get things moving.

Grace and jezika and anyone else waiting, I hope you're not waiting too much longer.

Thank you for all the birth stories - it does make it feel more real for me! And it has reminded me that this birth could be a lot different to my last one!

AFM, sorry I haven't been on in a few days. I finished work on Thursday which was lovely and we've just been busy with getting our new bedroom prepared. We slept in there last night for the first time so I'm very happy! We still need to decorate the stairs and have no carpet there but realistically I doubt this will happen before the birth now. Jessicasmum - happy to lend my dh for diy haha! He's been very good this past week in getting motivated to do it!

I had contractions every 10 mins for about 1.5 hours on Thursday but nothing since then. I think baby may have turned though as I'm suddenly feeling all the movement very low so I'm a bit concerned she's now breech. I guess I'll just have to wait and see until my next appointment on Wednesday. She was definitely head down at my 36 week appointment.

Jessicasmum I'm sorry you're now looking at a c-section but you really are making the right decision. A c-section can still be a very positive birth experience so you should think about how you would like it to go and maybe even write a birth plan. Your baby will be here so soon now and that's exciting!

Laura you think your baby has turned?! Can you feel feet anywhere? My baby's feel feel huge now so I can't miss them, she likes to kick me in the diaphragm. If you're at all concerned you should check out the spinning babies website they have loads of techniques you can try to improve baby's position before and during labour.

Jezika I hope your baby is coming very soon it's definitely your turn!!

I've just woken up from a better but strange night. Didn't get up for a single hot water bottle for the first time in days, no contractions at all. I did however have some strange, unpleasant dreams. Weird! I've gone from 3-4 loose bowel movements a day to feeling a bit constipated despite eating exactly the same. I finally managed to reach my own cervix now that it's a little lower and I'm not dilated at ALL! It is softening though and I'm losing plug pieces every day so that's something. I really felt like labour was imminent but now it feels ages away. OH has been wonderful though helping to distract me. He took me into town yesterday to cheer me up and has me playing his PlayStation to keep me occupied 😜. Feeling a bit less frustrated about the wait now!

Loopy Laura: Thank you. Yeah I think it was more the shock yesterday because wasn't what I was expecting but I know this is the best option for baby and me.
That's nice now you've finished work now and get to have a bit of rest in the mornings.
Hope baby hasn't turned breech, I was thinking at times that mine had maybe turned because I do get a lot of movement at bottom but no he's been head down since 30 weeks just think he's a wriggler. Is it a scan you have Wednesday or will it just be midwife/consultant checking baby's position?

Grace: Thank you. I would like baby to be placed on me if possible first as I didn't get this option with DD2 as I had to have a general anaesthetic because the spinal didn't work, this is one of my main concerns this time that it doesn't work again.
The shock I think it easing now though and I'm trying to a focus on that I'll have my baby in my arms in 5 days <3
That is good you are feeling less frustrated about the wait now and your OH sounds like he's been very supportive.

Grace - I really have no idea. I can't establish where anything is. The only reason I think she may have turned is because the movements were always high up before and since a couple of days ago they seem to be all in my pelvis on the left side. I wish I knew for sure - she's been moving a huge amount the past couple of days so I do think she may have turned!

Jessicasmum - it's a consultant appointment which will just involve a midwife feeling tummy to check position but I will mention it to them so they can prod around to check. I don't have any more scans due.

I'm glad you're getting over the shock and focusing on the fact baby will be here soon!

Well after a lovely happy morning I suddenly feel terrible. Physically weak and flu-like, back and stomach cramping like I'm going to have vomiting or diarrhoea or maybe both. Can't move from the sofa. Really hope feeling this crappy is for a good reason!!

Yep, diarrhoea. Proper diarrhoea this time not just a bit looser than normal. Come on baby!!

Loopy Laura: Hopefully good news Wednesday on baby's position :)

Grace: Sorry you are feeling so bad, I hope this is signs of baby on the way :hugs:

Yep, diarrhoea. Proper diarrhoea this time not just a bit looser than normal. Come on baby!!

Sounds promising, do you have any dirolite or lemonade, help to replace the salts and sugars you need xxx

Grace I had that when I was in early labour with DS. For the last few days my bowels have definitely been random and looser than normal. Whenever I eat a big meal I always need to go shortly afterwards. Think it's where there's no room down there anymore! Baby is pushing on my cervix constantly and it's so uncomfortable. I feel so irritated this afternoon, DH has been driving me mad, DS is driving me mad, the mess in the house is driving me mad arghhhh!! I'm exhausted but I think I need to get away from DH this evening and have a massive random tidy up ready for the cleaners on Monday. Maybe if I feel I've done something productive I won't feel so frustrated. I literally feel like every little thing is annoying me :(

What I believe are real contractions started at 3am, getting longer, stronger and closer together!! After the diarrhoea yesterday I had a lot of cramping and has type pains but managed to settle things with a bath and some sexy time with my OH. Got a couple of hours restless sleep before I couldn't ignore the pains anymore! They feel like strong period pains in my back and stomach. Really hope it's for real this time after the week I've had!

Grace, keep us updated! I had painful cramps and baaaad diarrhea a few times, so now I probably won't believe I'm actually in labour till baby's head is poking out, but I hope this is it for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->