• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

**December Snowflakes - 2016**

Contractions lasting 1 minute every 3 minutes. OH running me a bath. If they don't slow down in there it's time to call the midwife!

Sounds great I am sure she's here by now!! Looking forward to hearing your news :)

No baby 😭. False labour. Annoyed at my stupid body. Jezika I'm with you, I will no longer believe this baby is coming until it's head is sticking out!

Oh no!! Sorry to hear that. I had a similar experience with my son, I really thought it was starting and then after a day and a bit the contractions tailed off... Luckily my waters went so they admitted me to induce the next day, otherwise I'm not sure how long it would have gone on for. Hope you're not waiting too much longer :hugs:

Sorry that everything has stopped Grace. Hopefully the contractions you have had have started to dilate you and will help when active labour starts.

I'm 40+2 today and had a sweep this morning. I've been bleeding quite a bit since, but that has now stopped. Also think I may have had a bloody show. During the sweep the consultant said my cervix was soft and she could feel the baby's head. Baby is engaged so it's just a waiting game. Since the sweep I've been bouncing on the ball and have been for a brisk (well, as brisk as I could!!) walk. Everything is feeling super uncomfortable, but no signs of labour yet.

I've got another sweep booked in for Friday, so I'm hoping that if this one doesn't get labour started, it will help things along for Friday!!

That sounds very positive oneday! Hopefully this one will work and you won't need the next :)

I have my pre op in the morning, I'm assuming that things are the same as my last c-section but you never know they are always changing things even though it's only been 27 months since my last.

Getting scarily close now, under 60 hours before I go in to have my baby boy, not that I've been counting down or anything :haha:

Just an update for me! Lucas Henry was born 11/29/16 via C-Section at 10:12am. He weighed 6lb 15oz 🙂 We are doing great and the recovery for my second cesarean has been excellent! The only pain meds I took was 800mg Ibuprofen on the first day home from hospital! Congrats to all the new arrivals! Thinking and praying for smooth deliveries for the rest of you!

Attachments

• IMG_0318.jpg
    IMG_0318.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 5
Congratulations. Lucas is totally gorgeous.

I started contracting at around midnight. It's now almost 6am and they've been pretty constant the whole time. Definitely getting more painful and intense. Debating whether to take pain killers now. I'm so worried about taking something too early! I've had a nice, long shower already.

I sent dh back to bed at around 3am, seemed silly we were both losing out on sleep! Will phone my mum once ds1 is awake to come and collect him.

I'm so worried this isn't the real deal though, and will all stop!!

Faithforbaby - What a lovely little chap! Congrats and glad the c section recovery is going well!

Oneday - ooh, any updates?

Went for a stretch and sweep today, except couldn't do the sweep because I'm not even 1cm dilated. FML. I go for another ultrasound (had one today) and another sweep on Wednesday, but I doubt anything more will have happened by then. Induction is booked for Thursday. I feel bad sticking to it because I generally wanted to avoid an induction but at this point I just want to know when baby is coming because it really does feel like she never, ever will!

Grace, selfishly, thank goodness someone is in a similar boat!!! I feel like the only one in the world whose baby does not want to come out (which is ridiculous and untrue, I know). I've been having weird pains and loose stools/intermittent diarrhea for WEEKS now. Grr!!

They've really eased off typically. Even managed an hour's nap. Still getting contractions but not as strong and not as often. Going to try to keep active today with walking/bouncing on the ball to see if I can get things going again. Just hoping that overnight's contractions have done something!!

Congratulations faith :)

Jezika I still haven't had any signs of labour and I'm days away. My bowels have been off for a while but that's about it. I am sure my baby isn't going to come until next week at the earliest but I'm hoping its on or before 22nd so I won't miss DS opening his presents!! I will start making a conscious effort to get her out from Monday but I'm sure it won't make a bit of difference :haha: I am looking forward to seeing if I'm even a little bit dilated when I go for my sweep next Monday.

Ahh DS treated me to a lie in this morning :D 9am he came in to my room! This is unheard of. He's also in a great mood now which is nice. We are visiting soft play this morning and then off out for lunch with some friends so I am quite looking forward to today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->