**December Snowflakes - 2016**

CountryMomma, would you mind changing my edd to 12/2 with a boy as my guess? TIA!

Good luck counting and Jrepp. It's very stressful to be in limbo, I know. Crossing fingers for you both.

BabyForIris - I had my first doc appt today too (in Toronto, no less) and was given/told the same thing, though my dating u/s is scheduled for next Monday, which puts me at 7 weeks. I was wondering whether the tech will let us see the u/s images. What do you think? Usually they're very secretive about it and don't say/show anything, just send the results to my doc. I'd hate to not be able to see it.

Feeling increasingly nauseous recently to the point where any kind of smell makes me really, really queasy. I just have to push through the nausea and eat anyway, which is usually fine. Really not looking forward to it getting worse, though.

Jez - honestly it was highly anti climatic. He is usually the nicest person and when I told him why I was there he had the most inappropriate response. If it was anyone else and I was any less shocked I might have told him off. :gun:

Anyway, I'm trying to get over it.

I honestly don't know if they will show you. I would sure hope so!! Since it will be the first time you get to hear the heart beat or even see what's happening in there. I know usually (from what I've read) they turn the monior away to check. And if they don't find good news they say nothing or have someone (a dr) come in and give you the bad news. If they find a heart beat and everything is as it should be they call the hubby in and show you. I'm hoping that's the case. I'll make sure I ask my dr when I go back for my scan request.

Sorry MS has kicked in. Did it just start or has it been going on for a while? I haven't had any yet and I can't tell if it's just too early or what. Hang in there. :hugs:

I wanna know what he said too!

Going for my 3rd beta tomorrow...should (hopefully) have the results Wednesday afternoon. Crossing everything this won't be another miscarriage...have not had anymore bleeding other than the two incidents on Saturday. A tiny bit of brown spotting here and there and one wipe of cm with a streak of red blood after a BM this morning...I know it could go either way at this point and usually red blood means MC so I am not getting my hopes up but just praying against the odds that this pregnancy works out.

Jez and MrsRose: it went down like this...

Him: sooo, what brings you in?
(Side note hubby went with me)
Me: ...well...I'm pregnant! (Big happy smile)
Him: ...oh. Who's he dad?
Me and DH: ................

Now... I get having a sense of humor. But I am 100% sure that's not the right thing to say to a couple.

And then he followed up that statement with "well it will be in interesting to see your next SA results since it would have been impossible with his first results"

Picture my happy elation of passing on what should have been exciting and excellent news evaporating. I kinda wanted to say to him "the father is the only man I've slept with the last 5 years you arrogant insensitive d!ck"

But I took a deep breath and said nothing. Hubby just gave him a look when he said it. Honestly I think we were literally stunned silent. I don't even know if he realized how inappropriate it was to say that. I'm beyond offended to be honest. I'm trying to not let it bother me but it totally is. I love my husband dearly. I have never wanted children with anyone until I met him. For crying out loud I'm about to be 35! I waited this long for the right man. Not any man or more specifically, any sperm. /rant

Anyway, Jez I think it's totally up to you. I'm hoping hubby can go with me if they let us hear the heartbeat since it's really the first "real" moment of the whole thing.

Jez and MrsRose: it went down like this...

Him: sooo, what brings you in?
(Side note hubby went with me)
Me: ...well...I'm pregnant! (Big happy smile)
Him: ...oh. Who's he dad?
Me and DH: ................

Now... I get having a sense of humor. But I am 100% sure that's not the right thing to say to a couple.

And then he followed up that statement with "well it will be in interesting to see your next SA results since it would have been impossible with his first results"

Picture my happy elation of passing on what should have been exciting and excellent news evaporating. I kinda wanted to say to him "the father is the only man I've slept with the last 5 years you arrogant insensitive d!ck"

But I took a deep breath and said nothing. Hubby just gave him a look when he said it. Honestly I think we were literally stunned silent. I don't even know if he realized how inappropriate it was to say that. I'm beyond offended to be honest. I'm trying to not let it bother me but it totally is. I love my husband dearly. I have never wanted children with anyone until I met him. For crying out loud I'm about to be 35! I waited this long for the right man. Not any man or more specifically, any sperm. /rant

Anyway, Jez I think it's totally up to you. I'm hoping hubby can go with me if they let us hear the heartbeat since it's really the first "real" moment of the whole thing.

WOW!! I can't believe a dr would say that! I mean, even with low counts, all it takes is one little swimmer! Is he your RE? If so, hopefully you'll get released to your OB soon and you won't have to worry about comments like that.

Rose he's our family doctor. I don't know if that's how it is in the US or the UK but we have one main doctor we are registered with who we go to.

As I said he's always been great. I'm unsure WTF he was thinking and I might have to say somethibg to him the next time I go in.

I'll start seeing my OB in May

Wow, Iris, that's crazy! At first I thought his first comment was funny, and then when I remembered your DH's SA, I realized how inappropriate that was... but then to add what we added... just wow! That is terribly insulting to both of you. Also, even if he is convinced it's impossible, it's none of his damned business! I would definitely have a word with him if you're comfortable. I feel like he needs to know that not only was what he said offensive, but he is clearly very wrong about what can still happen with low sperm count. :hugs:

Jez, DH is going to speak to him when he sees him next because I don't think it's something we should ignore.

Thanks for the hugs. As I said, it was not how I thought my first appointment would go. I'm hoping the next ones are less of a let down.

Good luck with the MS hun. I hear eating crackers as soon as you wake up helps as well as ginger tea. At least we know baby is snug in there! :)

Gah I am going crazy. Thought I would get my second hcg results today but now it is too late and I don't think they will come in until tomorrow.

I've just started bleeding :( looks like it's not meant to be

Gah I am going crazy. Thought I would get my second hcg results today but now it is too late and I don't think they will come in until tomorrow.

My numbers came in. 3009 today. They were 1008 4 days ago. Going up but not as fast as I was hoping. Doubling time 60hours and increase of 75% in 48 hours. Not terrible but not amazing either... going for round 3 on Wednesday.

Hi welcome all the newbes I've got my 4th lot of beta HCG test today first one 11dp5dt =52.9
15dp5dt =214.9
17dp5dt =386
So didn't quite double in 48hrs between last tests so hopefully will be much better today, also been getting period like pains and both ovaries are sore with sharp stabbing like pain now I'm worried that it might be eptopic 😟

Hi welcome all the newbes I've got my 4th lot of beta HCG test today first one 11dp5dt =52.9
15dp5dt =214.9
17dp5dt =386
So didn't quite double in 48hrs between last tests so hopefully will be much better today, also been getting period like pains and both ovaries are sore with sharp stabbing like pain now I'm worried that it might be eptopic 😟

Are you going to see a doctor about the pain?

15dp5dt =214.9
17dp5dt =386

Are you going to see a doctor about the pain?

Yes I'm waiting to see what my HCG is today then going to doctors tomorrow x

15dp5dt =214.9
17dp5dt =386

HCG 23dp5dt 1447 not quite doubling every 72 hours 😳

I've just started bleeding :( looks like it's not meant to be

Oh honey I'm so sorry. Nature can be so cruel. Huge hugs, I can only imagine how you're feeling. I hope you have somebody to support you through this xxx

My GP visit was pretty uneventful. He didn't even do a test, was just happy to believe me! He doesn't care when I ovulated, only when I had a period so until a formal dating scan I'll be considered a week ahead of where I know I am, 5+6 today according to them instead of 5 weeks. I guess it should mean I get seen earlier. He's fine with me taking painkillers but has given me lower dose pills so I can take less when possible and slowly cut down. He's not overly concerned about the Endo but said decisions about any extra care I need aren't up to him anyway, I have to call the midwives and go from there. With my Endo history I may be seen early on by an obstetrician and it'll be up to them if they want any extra scans etc. Knowing how slow the NHS is I think we'll probably have to go ahead and book a private scan if we want one. OH wasn't convinced this was needed before but it would help me a lot I think.

I slept for 7.5 hours last night which is the longest since my BFP! The pain is still pretty bad but I'm managing. I'm feeling quite nauseous now, can't tell if it's from my painkillers or from my little sprout! I'm still pretty tired despite the sleep, may need a nap when I get home.

My GP visit was pretty uneventful. He didn't even do a test, was just happy to believe me! He doesn't care when I ovulated, only when I had a period so until a formal dating scan I'll be considered a week ahead of where I know I am, 5+6 today according to them instead of 5 weeks. I guess it should mean I get seen earlier. He's fine with me taking painkillers but has given me lower dose pills so I can take less when possible and slowly cut down. He's not overly concerned about the Endo but said decisions about any extra care I need aren't up to him anyway, I have to call the midwives and go from there. With my Endo history I may be seen early on by an obstetrician and it'll be up to them if they want any extra scans etc. Knowing how slow the NHS is I think we'll probably have to go ahead and book a private scan if we want one. OH wasn't convinced this was needed before but it would help me a lot I think.

I slept for 7.5 hours last night which is the longest since my BFP! The pain is still pretty bad but I'm managing. I'm feeling quite nauseous now, can't tell if it's from my painkillers or from my little sprout! I'm still pretty tired despite the sleep, may need a nap when I get home.

Have you ever tried acupuncture for your pain? I've had pretty good success with it with my chronic back issues. It can also help with other pregnancy related things such as helping hold the pregnancy (if it's viable), energy, sleep and MS. I'm going once a week at least thru the first trimester.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->