**December Snowflakes - 2016**

Had my ultrasound yesterday and today have been spotting red blood. I saw a heartbeat and everything. I'm devestated.

Had my ultrasound yesterday and today have been spotting red blood. I saw a heartbeat and everything. I'm devestated.

Did you have an internal scan? If so, it's very likely that it's from your cervix being knocked a bit. Also, as I've learned today, spotting red blood doesn't equal doom! Try phoning your EPU tomorrow and see what they say.

I'm really trying to remain positive. I don't want to have any more internals. I wish I'd never gone. I can't help but think that everything was going okay.

Tweeks I hope it's just a bit of irritation from the ultrasound :hugs:

:hugs: I'm exhausted with this rollercoaster of am I pregnant or has my baby died?

Welcome bella!

Tweeks, there's a great chance it is from the ultrasound. Exams and internals can definitely irritate the cervix. :hugs: I know how it is to worry so much about spotting though. I've had my share of it in both pregnancies now.

Honey if sex can make a pregnant woman bleed then a def internal scan can do so as well.. They are not gentle! :/

Ugh I feel so sick today, I felt a bit off yesterday but it's much worse today. I had forgotten how bad it is. It's only going to get worse :(

Ugh I feel so sick today, I felt a bit off yesterday but it's much worse today. I had forgotten how bad it is. It's only going to get worse :(

I was super nauseous on Monday so I took unisom and b6 that night and felt so much better! Apparently those are the ingredients in Diclegis.

I definitely understand your plight, rose. I didn't think my nausea would be worse this time around. With DD, it wasn't that bad and I mostly just had a ton of aversions. I didn't even have to take anything for it. My Dr. did give me some samples at my ultrasound appt on Monday of a medicine called Diclegis for the nausea. I would definitely recommend it if you are suffering too badly with it. It helps for the most part, you take 2 at night and can take up to 4 daily, but sadly I forgot last night. So I'm paying for it this morning. :(

:hugs: I'm exhausted with this rollercoaster of am I pregnant or has my baby died?
Limbo really sucks, Tweeks. I was there in February. The best you can do it try to distract yourself, or just try not to stress because that's bad for the pregnancy too.

I tried talking to my baby (or myself rather). Asking if it was staying or going, and that I'm leaving that decision to it. If there really is something wrong like a chromosomal abnormality, I to myself "You make the right call for us."

It sounds ridiculous but whatever happens just isn't in your hands. Take care of yourself and keep us posted!

I am allergic to the main ingredient in unisom and diclegies so I was prescribed Zofran. It works really good but has some undesirable side effects (constipation!). I started getting nauseau at like four weeks then it turned into vomiting all day and night now it's calmed down a bit but I still have bad days. This is my first pregnancy(well second but first ended in mc) and I've already swore up and down its my last. Can't wait until the "glowing" second trimester. :happydance:

So nervous about my scan Friday. Dh is trying to convince me if everything is alright we should tell people after the scan. I'll only be about 8w so I don't know, and I'm nervous everything won't be alright. With my older kids I told people at around11 and 13 weeks. I'm obviously nervous since I lost my last pregnancy in February, but dh is of the mind that he'd rather we have support if something does go wrong this time. I'm not so certain!

Counting - I'm now on the philosophy that I tell the people that I would want support from if things went wrong. It's nice to have a few cheerleaders, supporting you too.
I totally understand not telling people too. Having to "un-tell" people if something happens is awful.
Good luck for your scan!

Counting - I totally understand not wanting to say anything too early. With my past pregnancy the word got out accidentally (it's a long story) and when I lost the baby it was really hard to have to tell everyone. Maybe just try and ask DH if you can wait a little longer before telling everyone as it will make things easier for you. You can always get the support you need if something does go wrong but if you don't tell people at least you can wait until you are ready to say something and ask for support instead of someone asking you how you are doing and having to say something went wrong before you are ready. :hugs:

I think it's because with the last miscarriage nobody knew aside from one of my close mom friends, and I was pretty depressed and people knew something was up, but they didn't know what. I eventually told my sil (one of my close friends) but it was difficult I think for dh seeing me keeping it all in. I guess we'll see what Friday brings and play it by ear.

Hi countrymomma - I don't think anyone has said they will take over this thread so I'm ok to do it if that helps as its not fair on you to do it in the circumstances. My only worry is that I'm only 4 weeks so there's a lot that can go wrong and I'll need someone else to take over if it does.

What does it involve? Just updating the front page?

I think if you message the forum help page you can get the page switched to me.

Obviously very happy if someone else wants to do this!

Hi! Yes, that would be great if you wanted to take over the updating of the first page. All you have to do is add new people if they join, add a blue or pink stork if they have a gender guess, and move dates around once everyone gets a confirmed EDD! It's pretty easy. I will email the admin to see if they can change the ownership of the thread to you so you can update the first page. Thank you!!

Hey counting. I'm in the exact same spot. Ultrasound Friday right around 8 weeks. I also had a mc in February and I am torn about telling people. On one hand, if the scan goes well I want to share the joy but also the last loss is still fresh and I know nothing is certain. I am hoping to tell some close friends at least.

Hey counting. I'm in the exact same spot. Ultrasound Friday right around 8 weeks. I also had a mc in February and I am torn about telling people. On one hand, if the scan goes well I want to share the joy but also the last loss is still fresh and I know nothing is certain. I am hoping to tell some close friends at least.

Hi I'm exactly 8 weeks today to and I also have a scan but mine is on Sunday, so nervous as not having many symptoms keep thinking something is wrong 😟 Just praying I see a heartbeat X

Jelly, I read some statistics online the other day which said that once you've seen a HB the risk of miscarriage decreases to only about 5% and once you get to 7/8 weeks it's even less if there's a HB. So as you've already seen it, your risk is really low so try not to worry :hugs: and make the most of having no symptoms - one day I was wondering why I wasn't feeling sick yet and then the next I just woke up feeling awful so it can come on really suddenly! Maybe you'll be lucky and not have any sickness :)
Good luck for the scan x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->