**December Snowflakes - 2016**

How is everyone today? My nausea wasn't as bad this morning but I remembered to take my meds last night for it. Still kept gagging though. I don't know what to do about that part of it.

How is everyone today? My nausea wasn't as bad this morning but I remembered to take my meds last night for it. Still kept gagging though. I don't know what to do about that part of it.

I'm feeling pretty good, just really tired. The Unisom & B6 combo works really well for the nausea, and even though I only take 1/4 of the Unisom tablet, it still makes me tired the next day. Although it is helping with my insomnia, so that's been nice.

Anyone else hungry all the time? Last night I ate almost a whole pizza by myself! I could've finished the last piece but I wouldn't let myself! *sigh*

Jelly, I read some statistics online the other day which said that once you've seen a HB the risk of miscarriage decreases to only about 5% and once you get to 7/8 weeks it's even less if there's a HB. So as you've already seen it, your risk is really low so try not to worry :hugs: and make the most of having no symptoms - one day I was wondering why I wasn't feeling sick yet and then the next I just woke up feeling awful so it can come on really suddenly! Maybe you'll be lucky and not have any sickness :)
Good luck for the scan x

Wow I didn't know that thank you rose I suppose I'm just a worrier, was a long hard journey to get this far I'm just scared about everything now lol x

Jelly I am having a private scan on my birthday next Wednesday when I'll be 8+1. If all is well I think we're telling people afterwards too. Rose is absolutely right about the stats and I researched this a fair bit myself especially at the start, though it's surprisingly hard to get accurate information. The most reassuring study I found took a sample of 697 women with no symptoms of bleeding/severe cramping all of whom had a single healthy heartbeat on ultrasound and the miscarriage rate of the entire group was just 1.6%, decreasing slowly each week after that. 1.6%! So basically there's no real need to wait to the end of first tri if you've seen a single heartbeat after about 6 weeks, you're 98.4% on track to be having a baby.

For anyone interested here's the research: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/18310375/

What's frustrating is how frequently that exact study is misquoted. Ever seen numbers like 9.4% risk of miscarriage at 6 weeks? That's 9.4% of the 1.6% that miscarry, not the whole group! I wish the people who write sites like the bump took a bit more care to read papers properly. There's a lot of fearmongering out there.

Jellybe, don't worry about your symptoms being gone. I only had symptoms for a few days (other than being tired all the time) everything else went away and I had a perfect scan yesterday, baby measuring right on and a HB of 172.

Thank you everyone I'm just a natural worrier anyway lol but I hope after the scan on Sunday I might relax a bit xx

Hi everyone

The thread has been handed over to me so I'll be maintaining the front page.

I've just been through all the posts and it looks up to date now. If anyone's details are wrong please let me know. Thank you countrymomma for all you've done.

Jellybe - hope your scan goes well. In my first pregnancy I didn't have any symptoms at all but it was all fine and my dd is now 19 months! It will be fine but I understand the worry.

I hope everyone else is ok. I'm still really early on and time is dragging but I have a 6 week scan next Friday as I had a bit of bleeding really early on. I think I'm getting ill as I feel very fluey and my tolerance levels are really low. I'm very snappy and emotional. I didn't get any morning sickness last time but I feel like I may get it this time as I feel different.

Hi everyone

The thread has been handed over to me so I'll be maintaining the front page.

I've just been through all the posts and it looks up to date now. If anyone's details are wrong please let me know. Thank you countrymomma for all you've done.

Jellybean - hope your scan goes well. In my first pregnancy I didn't have any symptoms at all but it was all fine and my dd is now 19 months! It will be fine but I understand the worry.

I hope everyone else is ok. I'm still really early on and time is dragging but I have a 6 week scan next Friday as I had a bit of bleeding really early on. I think I'm getting ill as I feel very fluey and my tolerance levels are really low. I'm very snappy and emotional. I didn't get any morning sickness last time but I feel like I may get it this time as I feel different.

Thanks so much for doing this!

Thanks for taking the page over and making sure everything is up to date! :) I hope all goes well with your scan!

Please tell me this bloating will stop. I look 5 months pregnant at 8 weeks!

Thank you Laura :)

Malia I am so bloated too, I feel gross. I am craving big carb rich meals at the moment, guess it's my body's way of keeping my stomach full for as long as possible to avoid nausea. I feel soo fat! Luckily I wear lots of floaty tops/dresses and leggings anyway so my clothes aren't too uncomfortable, however I am becoming concerned about wearing a swim suit in 2 weeks time on holiday I think I'll look like a beached whale!!! Ha

Right there with you guys on the bloat. I've never ever looked this bloated. I feel, to be perfectly honest...terrible about myself. I'm just ready to actually look pregnant and not just like I gained 30lbs in 2 weeks around my waist. (Which I have not. In fact I don't think I've even gained a pound so far)

Booked my dating scan for next week Friday (May 6th) ill be 8W4D so I'm hoping I'll see lots and everything will be ok.

Anyone else have any scans recently? I don't see too many scan pics popping up here.

The bloat is real! Been so bloated for weeks. Makes me feel so fat but really I have only gained 1 pound which seems to be mostly in my boobs. I really miss wearing jeans but they hurt by the end of the day :/

Yes, the bloating is unreal! I ordered a belly band from target so I can unzip my pants--it's getting way too uncomfortable!

Hello all, just popped in to see how everyone is feeling! I'm 6+2 today and am starving all the time! When I was pregnant with my LO I was so horribly sick all the time I barely ate anything. It's so different this time around!

I have my dating ultrasound tomorrow at what I suspect is 8 weeks. Fxed everything goes well and we get to see a little bean with a heartbeat.

New to this page... EDD 12/25/16!... Possibly will change after my first apt which isn't until 5/16. Could you add me to the front list? :)

I didn't even get my ultrasound pictures, they used a copy machine that seems like it was running low on ink so it's really hard to make anything out :( I'm really sad about it actually. Last pregnancy I got all of the pictures they printed off from the ultrasound. I keep debating if I should ask for them now.

Good luck everyone who has a scan today or soon,
I also have bloat being a big girl anyway I actually now look 8months pregnant not 8 weeks �� I've already bought maternity trousers which are actually really comfy ��

I know I've asked this before but still can't get the pregnancy tracker on my signature I've only got a mobile device at the moment is that the trouble? Is there a Link someone could post? Thank you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->