**December Snowflakes - 2016**

Had my appointment today! Heart rate was in the 170s and they found it fairly fast! I'm not piling on weight like I did last time so that is excellent news (I'm trying a lot harder this time around too on that front). Had some labs done and all in all everything is great. Next appointment is June 21st! :happydance:

Oh, and we are going to announce this week! :D

Had my appointment today! Heart rate was in the 170s and they found it fairly fast! I'm not piling on weight like I did last time so that is excellent news (I'm trying a lot harder this time around too on that front). Had some labs done and all in all everything is great. Next appointment is June 21st! :happydance:

Oh, and we are going to announce this week! :D

Yay, great news!!

Hello ladies! I am hesitant to introduce myself but, I guess I have to swallow the fear at some point.

Little back story...Last November after a few months of trying, I got a BFP but, that joy was short lived. Our little one didn't have a HB and I sadly had to have a D&C on December 2nd. It took a bit for my period to start again but, it finally returned and we honestly didn't really try but, we also didn't not try lol. I started new medicines at the end of March for some unrelated pregnancy, TTC stuff so when AF didn't show up in April I didn't think twice about it, thinking the new meds may be affecting AF. When May came around and still no AF, me and FH purchased a test yesterday and before I even left the bathroom, there was a blazing BFP on the test.

Obviously this time around we're trying not to get too excited and I know for certain we'll be a little hesitant until we get through the rocky 1st trimester. I ran next door to my doctors today (my OBGYN is literally right next door to my office) to see what the game plan is going to be this time around and for now I have to start a baby aspirin regime and they're trying to get me an appt. ASAP.

We of course did the estimated due date calculator already and it's saying I'm due December 29. I will update that if needed when I finally get in to see my Dr.

I hope to get to know you all better and I hope we're all still here at the end sharing newborn pictures :happydance:

Nice to meet you, best of luck. Praying we all are here at the end too! 😊

Hi all, had a dating scan today and apparently I'm not that far along... only 6.5 weeks so my due date was pushed back to mid-January so looks like I'll go join that group. Thanks!

Country, what wonderful news! I'm so happy for you!

I finally had my scan today, and measured small so they're changing my due date from 12/20 to 12/29. Heart rate was 180! I feel so much better now that I've seen a heartbeat. My next appointment is June 9th and they'll be drawing blood for the materniT21 dna test. I'm so excited that I'll be able to learn the gender so soon!

CountryMomma I'm sooooo happy for you! How incredible considering you were about to get your tubes tied too. H&H 9 months to you and I agree you're always part of this group.

Welcome to all the newbies and congrats on recent scans <3

Grace - I hear ya on still worrying. I thought I'd be better after my scan, but I still find it hard to believe that things are just going smoothly in there. I had a tiny bit of brown/pink spotting again today so it's made me concerned again. I tell myself it was fine even after I had it for 2.5 weeks, so it's likely fine this time too.

Oh, hope this isn't a TMI question, but has anyone had a LOT of CM? Sometimes I'm totally dry, but sometimes I have sooooo much come out (clear or whitish). It's a little freaky because when I google it, a lot of women who are nearing their due dates post pics of their CM that isn't even as abundant as mine sometimes is, and everyone's like, "yep, that's DEFINITELY your mucus plug!" And that doesn't sound right for first tri?

Jezika I had loads of gloopy/white/creamy cm with my first pregnancy. I have quite a lot of cm this time too but not as much. It was one of the first things I noticed when I got my first bfp! Nothing to worry about I understand it's really common :)

It's so lovely to read about all these scans!

Jezika - in my first pregnancy I had loads of cm too. Not so much this time but it's totally normal! Hope the spotting stops soon.

Jezika-I had a ton last time and have a good bit this time too! It did increase a little more for me towards the end but it stayed quite abundant throughout the pregnancy.

CountryMomma I'm sooooo happy for you! How incredible considering you were about to get your tubes tied too. H&H 9 months to you and I agree you're always part of this group.

Grace - I hear ya on still worrying. I thought I'd be better after my scan, but I still find it hard to believe that things are just going smoothly in there. I had a tiny bit of brown/pink spotting again today so it's made me concerned again. I tell myself it was fine even after I had it for 2.5 weeks, so it's likely fine this time too.

I still worry too. I'm just terrified of a MMC. I'm really annoying myself--I just wish I could relax and think positively. Thankfully my dr is letting me come back for another scan next week just for reassurance. She's so nice. I think after that I'll be comfortable (or as comfortable as I'll ever be) announcing beyond just close friends and family.

Country, what wonderful news! I'm so happy for you!

I finally had my scan today, and measured small so they're changing my due date from 12/20 to 12/29. Heart rate was 180! I feel so much better now that I've seen a heartbeat. My next appointment is June 9th and they'll be drawing blood for the materniT21 dna test. I'm so excited that I'll be able to learn the gender so soon!

Same DD as me :)

Ladies can I nervously join you? I'm 9 & 3 with long awaited Baby2. I don't think it has really sunk in, we were getting very close to giving up and beyond the age that we are happy to have babies.

The things currently rattling about in my head is when do we move DS out his room? Too soon to do it now ideally I'd like to keep my spare room until after July and he starts school this year, mid August, will it be too unsettling to move room at the same time as starting school, do I wait until October half term then just 10 weeks to go?

My other though which I can't control is how the heck do I manage Christmas? He is right in the middle of the short lived Santa years which I don't want to miss.

I still worry too. I'm just terrified of a MMC. I'm really annoying myself--I just wish I could relax and think positively. Thankfully my dr is letting me come back for another scan next week just for reassurance. She's so nice. I think after that I'll be comfortable (or as comfortable as I'll ever be) announcing beyond just close friends and family.

I'm also terrified of a MMC. I can't even be excited about my scan tomorrow. I saw the heartbeat at 7weeks but after 3 losses I still don't feel safe :(

Glad it's not just me who's persistently worried about MMC. I guess all we can do is hang in there.

Any of you ladies who had spotting before still have it? I just don't know why it went away for a few weeks and then came back. I don't know if I can wait another 7 weeks for a scan! Maybe I'll try to sweet talk to doc into giving me one halfway through. Also, I STILL don't have a midwife or an OB! I'm starting to think I will never have one, and will just give birth in a gutter!

Tommyg - welcome, congrats and those are good questions. First time mum over here so not sure I can help, but I'm sure other can.

Good morning ladies,

may I join your thread?

I will be 9 weeks tomorrow and my EDD is December 29th.

Congratulations to all of you! :happydance:

Glad it's not just me who's persistently worried about MMC. I guess all we can do is hang in there.

Any of you ladies who had spotting before still have it? I just don't know why it went away for a few weeks and then came back. I don't know if I can wait another 7 weeks for a scan! Maybe I'll try to sweet talk to doc into giving me one halfway through. Also, I STILL don't have a midwife or an OB! I'm starting to think I will never have one, and will just give birth in a gutter!

Tommyg - welcome, congrats and those are good questions. First time mum over here so not sure I can help, but I'm sure other can.

Yes, and mine goes away, comes back, is brown, then bright red- sometimes a lot, sometimes a little. They say it's my cervix, and when a blood vessel bursts whatnot is probably when the heavier bleeding, then smaller amounts from the friction of my cervix during everyday activity.

Welcome MiaMama :)

I am worried about MMC too. I remember worrying last time too. However I try to remember that only 1% of pregnancies end in a MMC, so there is a 99% chance I won't have one. That usually helps to put it in perspective for me.

Welcome TommyG! I wouldn't worry too much about moving your DS' room. Maybe try to get him excited about it - new bedding, choose his colour for the walls etc - and make it seem like an adventure. I am sure he won't be too disrupted if he's excited about it :) a year ago we managed to move house on a Friday, collect a new puppy on Saturday and go back to our usual business on Monday, and DS was fine despite the fact half his things were in boxes, he had a completely new room etc! I am sure a weekend would be fine to get him used to it if the school holidays don't fit in well with moving him.

Xmas - I am not sure! I am just hoping that either baby comes early, or I can keep my legs crossed until 26th :haha: I will just get everything ready so that if we have to have a last minute change of plan, DS' Santa presents can go wherever he does and be ready for him in the morning. Luckily he loves staying at my mums, so I expect we will drop him off there when the time comes. And she is really in to xmas so I'm sure he will still have fun!

Welcome to the new ladies. I had an an unexpected delivery with my 4th child, he arrived on 22nd December, and was 3 weeks and 3 days early. Luckily I was prepared early for Christmas and was only in hospital overnight and I even managed to cook Christmas dinner for everyone &#128588;&#127995;. I guess the best advice for you is to be organised and prepared xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->