**December Snowflakes - 2016**

I had my scan today. Baby was doing somersaults. Measured 11+4 and new EDD 11th December.

I've posted a thread in first tri asking for advice about nuchal fold measurements and CVS tests because we were told our baby measures just above the threshold at 3.6mm :(

Forgot to attach a picture!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 4
Emma, so sorry about your loss. Thoughts are with you :hugs:

Beautiful scan!

I have my first appt. and hopefully first U/S today but, not until after work. This day is going to drag by :dohh:

I had my scan today. Baby was doing somersaults. Measured 11+4 and new EDD 11th December.

I've posted a thread in first tri asking for advice about nuchal fold measurements and CVS tests because we were told our baby measures just above the threshold at 3.6mm :(

Are you able to get one of the non-invasive blood tests done before you do a CVS?

Baby is okay - happily dancing away. I'm over the moon! 😄

Malia - did they give you a % risk?

Ttc - good luck!! I hate the wait, it goes soooo slowly doesn't it!

Are you able to get one of the non-invasive blood tests done before you do a CVS?

They do not offer the blood tests or percentage risks in Scotland :( I am stuck with the option of either putting my baby at risk with a CVS test, or potentially not knowing if the baby has a chromosomal defect that would make it incompatible with life.
I have no idea what to do. I can't afford the £500 for a private harmony test.

Could they repeat the US to take the measurement again, just in case? I agree that it's a difficult decision with CVS. I'm not sure whether I'd go for it or not.

Thank you so much. I hate the wait. I'm sure it will be worse later when I'm sitting in my office from 5 until 5:40 with nothing to do but wait. FH had to take the car today so, not even like I can go to the mall or a store and shop around until appointment time.

They do not offer the blood tests or percentage risks in Scotland :( I am stuck with the option of either putting my baby at risk with a CVS test, or potentially not knowing if the baby has a chromosomal defect that would make it incompatible with life.
I have no idea what to do. I can't afford the £500 for a private harmony test.

Ugh, I'm sorry. I agree that maybe they re-measure via ultrasound first. Wouldn't hurt to ask.

Emma - I'm so sorry :cry:

Malia - lovely scan pic. I'm glad it went well for you.

Got my genetic testing done today, results should be back in 7-10 business days and my OBGYN has a contract with the company (Progenity) who does the testing, so although the test costs $10,000 it will only cost me $25 as one of their patients :) It tests for a whole slew of different disorders as well as gender so within the next 2 weeks we will know if we are having a boy or a girl! Exciting :) Great scans everyone, and I am sorry for your loss Emma <3

Could they repeat the US to take the measurement again, just in case? I agree that it's a difficult decision with CVS. I'm not sure whether I'd go for it or not.

We are having a repeat scan on Monday. I don't think I am going to get the CVS. I might just put the cost of a private harmony test on my credit card.

Glad your scan went well hilsio :)

Glad so many people are having great appointments! :D

So I took this today, might use it for the announcement, but DH wants to wait to take more pics for when we get into our new place this weekend. I'm pretty sold on this one though!

Attachments

• IMG_1942.jpg
    IMG_1942.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 8
Milia I think that is what I would do to. Fingers crossed all is ok.

Me too Malia.

Ahh that's so cute bubbles :D good luck for your move!

Congrats on great scans Malia and Hilslo!

Bubbles - I love your announcement!

Malia - I think a repeat ultrasound sounds like a good plan. I hope it goes well.

Afm, my symptoms are not really there anymore and I'm 9 weeks today so of course I'm panicking. I've got a week until my scan and it feels like ages away.

Laura I felt like that last week but this week I feel awful again, and wish I had enjoyed last week more!! I am much more nauseous than I have been and have thrown up a few times. I also keep getting bad headaches.

Just got my scan appointment through, two weeks today :) Friday's work well for us because DS will be at nursery so we won't have to take him with us. Also DH usually finishes work early anyway to pick DS up so that makes it a bit easier. We have a family bbq on the Saturday so will be nice to tell everyone - so far only a handful of people know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->