**December Snowflakes - 2016**

Wow that is an achievement!!! I don't think I'll be cooking xmas dinner for anyone this year :haha:

I've already written Christmas off this year lol

Another December 29th DD!! Yay! Welcome to the new ladies <3

For all the ladies afraid of miscarriage have you tried the Womb Music Heartbeat baby monitor? https://www.amazon.com/Womb-Music-Heartbeat-Monitor-Wusic/dp/B00Z52R76S/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1464203772&sr=8-1&keywords=baby+heartbeat+monitor

After I was far enough along that the doctor was able to hear the HB with a doppler, I allowed myself to use this at home. It takes a while to find it, but I've got the hang of it now and I know exactly where the baby is. I can find it in like 10 seconds or less now. It is very very reassuring. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night in a panic and then just listen to the HB and can fall back asleep.

I do remember the year my sister was expecting her DD was 4. So very much same boat as I am now. My mum sorted dinner but we held it in my sisters. We might end up with similar but will see.

Glad it's not just me who's persistently worried about MMC. I guess all we can do is hang in there.

Any of you ladies who had spotting before still have it? I just don't know why it went away for a few weeks and then came back. I don't know if I can wait another 7 weeks for a scan! Maybe I'll try to sweet talk to doc into giving me one halfway through. Also, I STILL don't have a midwife or an OB! I'm starting to think I will never have one, and will just give birth in a gutter!

Tommyg - welcome, congrats and those are good questions. First time mum over here so not sure I can help, but I'm sure other can.

Why don't you have one? Do you have to be assigned one?

For all the ladies afraid of miscarriage have you tried the Womb Music Heartbeat baby monitor? https://www.amazon.com/Womb-Music-Heartbeat-Monitor-Wusic/dp/B00Z52R76S/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1464203772&sr=8-1&keywords=baby+heartbeat+monitor

After I was far enough along that the doctor was able to hear the HB with a doppler, I allowed myself to use this at home. It takes a while to find it, but I've got the hang of it now and I know exactly where the baby is. I can find it in like 10 seconds or less now. It is very very reassuring. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night in a panic and then just listen to the HB and can fall back asleep.

I have a Doppler but haven't used it in a few weeks bc I couldn't find the hb and it was also uncomfortable. I should give it another go. Hopefully I'll be able to find it now!

Ladies can I nervously join you? I'm 9 & 3 with long awaited Baby2. I don't think it has really sunk in, we were getting very close to giving up and beyond the age that we are happy to have babies.

The things currently rattling about in my head is when do we move DS out his room? Too soon to do it now ideally I'd like to keep my spare room until after July and he starts school this year, mid August, will it be too unsettling to move room at the same time as starting school, do I wait until October half term then just 10 weeks to go?

My other though which I can't control is how the heck do I manage Christmas? He is right in the middle of the short lived Santa years which I don't want to miss.

Welcome! What's your EDD and I'll add you to the front page! My DD is younger at 19 months so I'm not sure about your questions but I see you've had good advice from others!

I need taking off here now, I lost the baby on Monday, knew something wasn't right but found no heartbeat at scan, baby was measuring 9 weeks and I was 11 by my dates, good luck everyone xxxx:cry:

EmmaDaisy I am very sorry for your loss. Hang in there!
I am sending tons of positive vibes your way!
:hugs:

Emma - I'm so, so sorry. I hope you're able to take some time and try again when you're ready.

MrsRose - I tried to get referred to several different midwives, but they turned out to be at full capacity each time. Not asked for a referral to an OB yet and not sure whether to just keep trying every single midwife group in the city. It's quite frustrating and I might have to give up my desire to have a midwife. Demand always seems to outweigh supply.

Counting - it makes me feel so much better that you're experiencing a similar thing and that there is such a thing as a sensitive cervix that can cause spotting with daily "wear and tear." I've not had any doctor say anything specific to me about it, but I want to insist they check that I don't have an incompetent cervix at the least.

Ladies can I nervously join you? I'm 9 & 3 with long awaited Baby2. I don't think it has really sunk in, we were getting very close to giving up and beyond the age that we are happy to have babies.

The things currently rattling about in my head is when do we move DS out his room? Too soon to do it now ideally I'd like to keep my spare room until after July and he starts school this year, mid August, will it be too unsettling to move room at the same time as starting school, do I wait until October half term then just 10 weeks to go?

My other though which I can't control is how the heck do I manage Christmas? He is right in the middle of the short lived Santa years which I don't want to miss.

Welcome! What's your EDD and I'll add you to the front page! My DD is younger at 19 months so I'm not sure about your questions but I see you've had good advice from others!

EDD, 25th December, hence my Christmas worries, can't ignore Christmas for a 5 almost 6 yo.

Sorry Emma, fingers crossed and you will get your rainbow.

I'm so sorry Emma. Huge hugs to you and your family.

I'm also crippled by the fear of mmc. I've had one before so know it all too well. I've got my scan in a couple of hours and I'm terrified. I wish I could just enjoy being pregnant. If things are okay, I think I'll start to feel like this will actually work out but with all the spotting I have a really uneasy feeling!

Welcome to the newbies - a lovely bunch of ladies on this board so you'll fit in well &#128522;

I'm so sorry Emma. Huge hugs to you and your family.

I'm also crippled by the fear of mmc. I've had one before so know it all too well. I've got my scan in a couple of hours and I'm terrified. I wish I could just enjoy being pregnant. If things are okay, I think I'll start to feel like this will actually work out but with all the spotting I have a really uneasy feeling!

Welcome to the newbies - a lovely bunch of ladies on this board so you'll fit in well &#128522;

Good luck today!! :hugs:

Emma - I'm so, so sorry. I hope you're able to take some time and try again when you're ready.

MrsRose - I tried to get referred to several different midwives, but they turned out to be at full capacity each time. Not asked for a referral to an OB yet and not sure whether to just keep trying every single midwife group in the city. It's quite frustrating and I might have to give up my desire to have a midwife. Demand always seems to outweigh supply.

Counting - it makes me feel so much better that you're experiencing a similar thing and that there is such a thing as a sensitive cervix that can cause spotting with daily "wear and tear." I've not had any doctor say anything specific to me about it, but I want to insist they check that I don't have an incompetent cervix at the least.

Wow, that's crazy that there's such a shortage of midwives! Hope you find one soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->