**December Snowflakes - 2016**

One day I was the same last night!! Nightmare. I am finding it so hard to get a good nights sleep at the moment. It feels like I'm never properly asleep as I keep waking up needing a wee or feeling uncomfortable. I've woken up with a really sore throat today so im worried about how I'll manage while feeling rubbish due to being ill and pregnant at the same time. I am so tired!

Measuring 12+2 exactly and absolutely perfect ❤️. Seeing this little one wave and bounce around has absolutely melted my heart. Beyond excited now!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 7
Count me into the tired category, too! I'm either so exhausted I pass out and the next thing I know it's morning and feel like a slept like a brick, or my sleep is so restless. Last night was a restless night. Went pee 3 times on top of it. Feel like I needn't have bothered.

Also, GraceER, such a sweet picture! I can't wait for my next scan!

Welcome geneveve.

Got my harmony results back yesterday, Negative result 🤗. Because mine was done by a research facility via NHS they don't reveal the gender, so despite dr saying it looks like a girl at 13 week scan it's not confirmed, so think we'll be staying team yellow 💛 (Although I secretly think girl too) x

Welcome, Geneveve!

Wonderful scan, Grace!

So I think my nausea is pretty much gone now! Every once in awhile I feel a little sick, but the worst is definitely over. I can stomach sweets again and have had a few cravings even. Such a relief! I hope you ladies are starting to feel better too!

Congratulations Grace and Mumof5 :)

Bubbles I can't wait to feel better. I have a sore throat today and have been nauseous but maybe not quite as bad as I have been. I've learned not to get too excited though as I've had the odd day like that before and the next day I've felt twice as bad!

I have noticed I've had some heartburn for the last couple of days. Another thing to enjoy :haha:

Bring on the days of 'pregnancy glow'

For the first time this pregnancy I woke up and didn't feel nauseated. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Who knows how I'll feel tomorrow but i'm enjoying this for the moment :happydance:

My OB's office called and I have a UTI. I thought I might but wasn't sure. Also been so stressed lately with the move and unpacking that I'm worried sick about the baby. I am sure it is irrational but I so wish I could see in there to check on the little sprout. :( Anxiety sucks!

Anxiety definitely sucks. I had my first midwife appt today and got to hear the heartbeat (actually for the first time, as I only saw it on my scans). It was reassuring since I'd had a second bout of week-long spotting directly after my 12-week scan, but guess what! This evening the spotting started up again! It's so disconcerting to repeatedly feel reassured and then immediately deflated again when I see blood on the tissue. Without any medical opinion so far on what it could be causing it, I can't even fully rationalize it in any way. :(

Bubbles, what were your UTI symptoms if I may ask?

Grace - beautiful scan! You must be thrilled :)

Anxiety definitely sucks. I had my first midwife appt today and got to hear the heartbeat (actually for the first time, as I only saw it on my scans). It was reassuring since I'd had a second bout of week-long sporting directly after my 12-week scan, but guess what! This evening the spotting started up again! It's so disconcerting to repeatedly feel reassured and then immediately deflated again when I see blood on the tissue. Without any medical opinion so far on what it could be causing it, I can't even fully rationalize it in any way. :(

Bubbles, what were your UTI symptoms if I may ask?

Grace - beautiful scan! You must be thrilled :)

Has your progesterone levels been checked ? I've a friend who had spotting and ended up having low levels of progesterone. But if the doctors aren't concerned try not to be too concerned either. :hugs: I know easier said than done tho...

No, I don't think I've had my progesterone tested, unless it's part of the usual battery of blood tests for pregnancy. I know low levels can prevent a pregnancy from being sustained at the start, but I didn't know there could still issues this far along. Does it mean the baby could be at risk? None of the docs I've spoken to have seemed concerned since it's not a lot of blood and I can no cramping, so I don't see them ever checking for progesterone, or really doing anything until it gets bad. I'm just hoping that since it was fine three times before, it's fine now too. Just frustrating that I always seem to finally have my mind put at rest with a scan/doppler and then spot again immediately afterwards. It's some cruel coincidence.

Great scan pic grace! Glad lots of you are feeling better.

Jezika - sorry your spotting has returned. That must be frustrating but baby has been fine up to this point so I'm sure everything will be fine.

Afm my symptoms of nausea have all gone which makes me think something bad has happened. I have no symptoms at all. I think 10 weeks is too early for that to happen. I have a scan tomorrow and so this day is going to drag.

Jezika sorry about the spotting it must be so frustrating and worrying :( I am sure all will be fine though. I think of something was wrong you would have seen some sign of it on the scan.

Laura :hugs: I am glad you have your scan tomorrow to put your mind at rest. Try to make the most of a break from the symptoms, I felt better yesterday and got hopeful but then I woke up this morning feeling awful again and was sick, so it's very up and down for me at the moment. I'm sure you're just one of the lucky ones who gets used to the hormones more quickly :)

Jezika - sorry your spotting has returned. That must be frustrating but baby has been fine up to this point so I'm sure everything will be fine.

Afm my symptoms of nausea have all gone which makes me think something bad has happened. I have no symptoms at all. I think 10 weeks is too early for that to happen. I have a scan tomorrow and so this day is going to drag.

Mine disappeared at around 10 weeks and then returned after a few days. Other than tiredness and peeing a lot my sickness and other symptoms have pretty much gone again now. Good luck with your scan tomorrow x

No, I don't think I've had my progesterone tested, unless it's part of the usual battery of blood tests for pregnancy. I know low levels can prevent a pregnancy from being sustained at the start, but I didn't know there could still issues this far along. Does it mean the baby could be at risk? None of the docs I've spoken to have seemed concerned since it's not a lot of blood and I can no cramping, so I don't see them ever checking for progesterone, or really doing anything until it gets bad. I'm just hoping that since it was fine three times before, it's fine now too. Just frustrating that I always seem to finally have my mind put at rest with a scan/doppler and then spot again immediately afterwards. It's some cruel coincidence.

Jezika, the placenta starts to take over progesterone production around week 10 so by now you won't need a supplement. I've been weaning off my progesterone and plan to stop this weekend.

Also, many women bleed throughout pregnancy so you may just be one of those people. As others have said, if your doctors/midwife aren't concerned, I'm sure everything is fine. I know it's so hard not to worry, but hopefully this helps ease your mind a bit. Big hugs! :hugs:

Good luck with your scan tomorrow! Hopefully your one of the lucky ones whose symptoms go away early. I started feeling better around week 10 too, but did have some occasional bouts of nausea after that.

Today is officially the start of the second trimester for me!! I have a scan on Monday, and if all goes well I'm going to announce to my co-workers on Tuesday. FX everything is still okay in there. The worry never stops, does it?

Jezika, the symptoms I have are subtle, but I'm having some slight cramping and cloudy urine. Symptoms aren't too bad yet but I ended up in the hospital with my last pregnancy at 38 weeks because it got so bad (horrid pain, peeing blood...); I thought the symptoms I was having prior to that point were from being pregnant. After that, I know what to looks for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->