**December Snowflakes - 2016**

Glad all is ok Laura.

My symptoms have gone too I feel it's very early with DS I was still feeling rough at 15/16 weeks. I finally have date for MW week on Thursday being fair they could have made it this Thursday but next Thursday suits better with work.

I have a hen do next weekend, need a blinking good excuse not to drink. Any really good ideas?

We announced on Facebook today! These are the pics we used! :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 14
How exciting Bubbles! That is such a cute announcement.

We've only told a handful of people and are waiting until after my sons bday party next weekend to make the official announcement. I found a really cute idea online - we're going to post a pic of DS in his crib with an eviction notice taped to the outside saying a new tenant is going to occupy the premises beginning Dec 2016. It's kinda sad but sooo cute, and all in fun of course!

Joy that is a super cute idea! Also can you believe we are about to have one year olds?? So crazy!

Bubbles, I really can't believe it. Where has this year gone?! It's kinda scary to think how fast time is going to fly once we have two.:wacko:

Bubbles, they're lovely pics. I've got a similar top for my ds that we're going to take pictures of him in for our announcement, which will probably be tomorrow. I've got my dating scan tomorrow. Eeeeeek!

Bubbles - that's a lovely announcement! Joyofmylife - I love that idea too!

Tommyg - I'm proof that symptoms can go and everything can still be ok. Hope the appointment goes well. In terms of not drinking, I find it pretty much impossible to do so without people guessing! You could speak to the barman at the beginning to say every time you order a vodka and lemonade (for example), you just want a lemonade. Or there's the whole "I'm on antibiotics" excuse. Good luck!

Bubbles that's a lovely announcement :) I haven't decided what I'll do for mine yet. We have quite a few people we still need to tell first that we won't be seeing for a couple of weeks, so I expect we will wait a few weeks to do a big announcement.

DH was out last night and stayed in a hotel so I had the whole bed to myself! He is not back yet so DS and I are having a lazy morning in bed watching films. I did still wake quite a few times in the night but I do feel much better this morning - I had nearly 11 hours of sleep :haha: it was so nice to go to bed when DS did as I was so tired and had a really bad headache last night.

I also bought a massage pillow from Amazon and it arrived yesterday. I used it for the first time this morning it is amazing!! Has really sorted out the pain in my upper and lower back.

Also Tommy g I don't really have any suggestions on not drinking! Luckily I normally get away with it without anyone noticing as I'm not a big drinker anyway and usually drive. However a hen do is a lot more tricky!! Maybe you could say you had a bit of tummy trouble yesterday and don't want to trigger it off again.

If it was just a night out it would be easy to hide but the Hen do makes it blinking hard. I'm not convinced that any meds excuse will wash with a couple of nurses and somebody who is married to a pharmacist.

I'll keep thinking though. I think trying to hide the fact I'm not drinking might be my best bet.

Would it wash to say I am on a diet? Alcohol has too many calories?

Probably more convincing than a medication excuse!! Or say you've had a bad headache all day and don't want to trigger it off again?

Just have to ask, what's a hen do?

Loving all the scan pictures! I have one early Monday morning to be sure growth is progressing since I measured behind at my first scan. The ob said she wasn't worried, but agreed to schedule this one to put my mind at ease. Still having a ton of symptoms so I'm not horribly nervous, but you never know.

Hen do is a girls night out with the bride prior to the wedding. Girls version of stag do

I was wondering what a hen do was too haha! Thank you for the explanation. In the US we call it a bachelorette party.

So I just about had a heart attack this morning - I cautiously stepped on the scale (which I've been avoiding cause I'm eating like a pig) and I've already gained 8.5 lbs. Holy cow, how did this happen?! I gained 50 Lbs with my son & luckily I lost it all but I'm on track to gain the same amount if not more this pregnancy. I've been insanely hungry so I guess I shouldn't be that shocked, it's just scary to actually see the numbers on the scale.:dohh:

I was wondering what a hen do was too haha! Thank you for the explanation. In the US we call it a bachelorette party.

So I just about had a heart attack this morning - I cautiously stepped on the scale (which I've been avoiding cause I'm eating like a pig) and I've already gained 8.5 lbs. Holy cow, how did this happen?! I gained 50 Lbs with my son & luckily I lost it all but I'm on track to gain the same amount if not more this pregnancy. I've been insanely hungry so I guess I shouldn't be that shocked, it's just scary to actually see the numbers on the scale.:dohh:

I've gained 16 lbs!!! :( I'm someone who is normally so careful and health conscious but I'm just starving all the time. From today I'm going to try and stick to the number of calories I need for maintenance to avoid gaining any more.

I'm constantly hungry too, hunger wakes me at around 4am every morning, haven't bothered getting on the scales as I know I'm gonna be traumatised 😳. Can't think of a better reason to gain weight tho 😍 Xx

I am definitely CONSTANTLY hungry right now too. It's funny because 3-12 weeks I was getting full after like 3 bites...now I seriously feel like I cannot get full! WTF! Guess it's just normal, I've lost 5lbs up till now but I am absolutely sure I will start gaining now that I am so ravenous.

I'm sure that this is around the corner for me too! It happened last time and I gained a lot!!! So far this time, my appetite is still tiny. I get full after a few mouthfulls. I need to be careful this time!

I don't know if I have gained yet, my clothes feel tighter but I have a very bloated stomach. I am definitely managing to eat more than I did in first Tri with my last pregnancy - I couldn't keep much down last time. This time I have to eat to keep the nausea at bay! I am not really worried at the moment as I feel so rubbish at times that I'll do anything to be able to function normally!!

I'm starving all the time too! I'm not venturing near the scales though - I've not been on since before my son was born!! I'm 14 weeks 2 days and my bump seems huge already!!!!

Good luck for your scan tomorrow Scooby!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->