**December Snowflakes - 2016**

I was very tempted to get a doppler but there only seem to be a few available in Canada on Amazon and on other sites, and they're super expensive. I found a place you can rent from but it still isn't cheap. So I took it as a sign that it's best I don't obsess over checking the HB all the time anyway, which my anxiety would definitely force me to do.

Scoobydrip - awww, cute ultrasound!

Jrepp - My first two ultrasounds didn't show any sign of placenta covering cervix or hematoma, nor short/open cervix, so I'm guessing my u/s from Friday was the same. I'm chalking it up to a sensitive cervix. Sorry to hear about your hips btw. I don't have any advice I'm afraid, but the other ladies seemed to have some good ideas. Hope it subsides soon :hugs:

Tommyg - Re: hen do, could you maybe say that you had a glass of wine or whatever else before coming out, to get the party started, and you've felt dodgy since so you stopped drinking till you feel better (I'm thinking maybe if they actually believe you HAD a drink, it won't put them in mind of you not drinking at all?). Or avoid ordering in front of your friends and just tell them your non-alcohol drink is really alcoholic (e.g., a mixed drink, or ask the bar staff to put apple juice in a wine glass to simulate white wine, ha). Or tell them you took Tylenol (or any other type of acetaminophen... can't remember what it's called in the UK.. paracetamol?) for migraine or whatever and your doc told you the following (which I found online... no idea if it's true): "If you mix alcohol and acetaminophen (Tylenol), it can cause liver damage — seriously, do not do this. From Tylenol’s website: “Severe liver damage may occur if you take 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product.” Sure, you're not drinking 3 drinks everyday, but you could say you already had a drink or two before coming out and you want to play it safe. I'm keen to see how it all goes down!

Re: weight gain, it's funny because I look waaaay more pregnant than I am (like shamefully so... I've been considering telling people I won't see again that I'm due in Sep), but I strangely haven't gone up in weight. I do not know how this is possible. Maybe I lost muscle, which is heavier?

I'd be too scared to get a Doppler. I'd love one, but know I'd completely panic if I couldn't find the heartbeat.

I had my dating scan yesterday. I was given a due date of December 10th, which is a couple of days ahead of where I thought. According to the opks, temp, etc. I ovulated on a Wednesday, but according to 2 different scans now, the baby was conceived the Saturday before. Not sure how that happened!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    35.8 KB · Views: 2
Oneday - great scan picture!

Jezika - I have no idea how that's possible but I'm similar. I'm only 10 weeks and already have a defined bump but I have only put a pound or two on. Weird but I'm not complaining! Im embarrassed about the size of my tummy - there's no way I'm going to be able to hide this from work for another couple of weeks!

Laura are you naturally very slim?
Last time round a very slim size 8 friend who I only see occasionally was about a week in front of me. We met at 16 weeks she had a proper round bump I just looked fatter than my normal size 14.

Anyone else pregnant with #2 and feeling like it's really hard to deal with your first child? I don't know if it's mood swings or what but it is so hard for me to deal with my 11 month old right now. We also just moved and she is not adjusting well to the new place and so she cries basically any time we aren't holding her or paying 100% attention to her. :/ We can't live our lives like that; we have to cook, clean, go to the bathroom, eat, work, etc. It's really difficult for me right now. I'll also go from super happy to super upset/angry in no time at all which makes it worse. :(

Anyone else pregnant with #2 and feeling like it's really hard to deal with your first child? I don't know if it's mood swings or what but it is so hard for me to deal with my 11 month old right now. We also just moved and she is not adjusting well to the new place and so she cries basically any time we aren't holding her or paying 100% attention to her. :/ We can't live our lives like that; we have to cook, clean, go to the bathroom, eat, work, etc. It's really difficult for me right now. I'll also go from super happy to super upset/angry in no time at all which makes it worse. :(

Unfortunately, that's all part of being pregnant with kiddos already around. I had the problem with #2, and am having the same problem with #3. I have no patience and snap at the kids far more than I should. The only good part is that it will only last for a little while and they likely won't remember this period at all.

Just try your best to be patient and think past the hormones. I know it's hard. :thumbup:

Thank you for the reply, Genevevex. I don't feel so alone now. I feel so horrible for snapping so often, today especially was a very rough day for both her and I. :(

Here's my little guy! All looks great so far. Measuring 13w1d but I am 12w4d according to my first ultrasound that I had. HR 167bpm. He was SUPER active bouncing around, waving, rolling...totally in love with this little guy already <3

Attachments

• 12w4d.jpg
    12w4d.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 3
Bubbles, my son has been really clingy for the past few weeks too. I think it's just a phase they go through around this age. I haven't had a lot of patience with him or my hubby lately either and I attribute that to hormones. I'm sure it will all pass soon so hang in there cause you're not alone!

Beautiful scans, Oneday and Decemberwait!

I've been trying to guess the sex from my scans, even though I know it's futile. A lot of "signs" point to girl, so DH and I are happy, but I just know it'll be the opposite of what we think.

Hope all you ladies with kiddies already catch a break soon. I can only imagine how tough that is :hugs:

Oh, and Laura, I guess my 6-month-looking bump could be because of my fibroids. I have four and they've grown during pregnancy. At certain points in the day one or more of them protrude from my abdomen. It's realllly freaky and I don't like it one bit.

I also get snappier than usual with DS. Luckily he's a bit older so less clingy and more independent - he does ask a million questions though which can get annoying, especially if I just want some privacy like if I'm throwing up. He also has lots of tantrums which can get very tiring but he is better than he was about 6 months ago. I don't know how I'd manage if he was still in nappies, etc!!

Tommyg - I'm size 10 but I'm not sure that has much to do with it. I've had a bit of a tummy since dd was born - as I had a c section, I just didn't want to exercise my tummy muscles so I don't have any! My sister is 23 weeks pregnant and I'm bigger than her! She's really skinny and I have no idea where she's hiding baby! I guess everyone's just different.

Decemberwait - great scan pic! So exciting to see all these scans!

And yes, I'm finding it so challenging with my 20 month dd right now. She's throwing about 8 tantrums per day right now - I think she's hit the terrible twos early - and I feel so drained and helpless afterwards. I find my patience wearing thin.

I also get snappier than usual with DS. Luckily he's a bit older so less clingy and more independent - he does ask a million questions though which can get annoying, especially if I just want some privacy like if I'm throwing up. He also has lots of tantrums which can get very tiring but he is better than he was about 6 months ago. I don't know how I'd manage if he was still in nappies, etc!!

Ohmigosh, yes! My three year old is exactly like this right now. When I was especially sick a few weeks ago, throwing up into the sink, and he's standing there asking, "Die, mommy? Mommy die? Don't die, mommy!" Ug! Just give me a minute, kid.

Ladies, we all have to remember that we can't be super mommies right now (as my doctor said during my last pregnancy)--we're already super by making more babies inside us. We need to have patience with ourselves as well as our older kids.

Hehe Geneveve that made me laugh a little, die mummy?? Haha. My son was in bed the other night and I had to run to the bathroom to throw up my dinner (ew!) and he was shouting from his bed 'mummy? You sick? You being sick mummy? Can I have some water. Water mummy!' He also gets annoyed when I shut him out of the bathroom, I hate for him to have to watch me throw up though it's so gross. He keeps pretending that he's sick too and does a little cough in to the toilet :haha: it's quite sweet.

Laura I think DS started his tantrums about that stage too. Over time you learn to deal with them, and as they get older they learn to control them a bit themselves so I just ignore DS now if he's in one of his Paddys and eventually he will just stop and go and do something else. It is difficult when they're that little though and can't really tell you what they want.

Beautiful scans, Oneday and Decemberwait!

I've been trying to guess the sex from my scans, even though I know it's futile. A lot of "signs" point to girl, so DH and I are happy, but I just know it'll be the opposite of what we think.

Hope all you ladies with kiddies already catch a break soon. I can only imagine how tough that is :hugs:

Have you tried any of the old wives tales? Mine were all accurate for a girl, but I STILL thought it was a boy! So much for mother's intuition!

Geneveve, I like the way your doctor put that. It's hard to keep in perspective right now but you are absolutely right, we have to take care of and have patience with ourselves too.

My ds is almost 3 and on the whole he is very good. He does ask "why?" About 100 times per minute at the minute which can get a bit annoying bless him. Especially when you're feeling pretty shattered and drained! He doesnt have nap any more either which I'm finding a bit tough, especially when I'm tired and could do with one. I must admit I have brought him up into my bed with so that I can snooze and he watched Peppa Pig. I've only done that once, but I was at the point where my eyes were closing!!!

I think at this point, we need to do whatever we can to get through. If that means cuddling in bed while they watch peppa pig, then so be it. I do try and take my DD out every day for an hour but I'm just trying to function and get through the day at the moment.

Today, I intentionally picked up my prescription on the other side of town so DD would take her second nap in he car, then drove back to this side to go grocery shop. It worked, I got some peace, and DD isn't melting down (unless I leave the room for 5 seconds). We gotta do what we gotta do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->