**December Snowflakes - 2016**

That is a brilliant announcement. Well done 😊

Mumof 5 can I ask how old your other kids are? I can't remember if you have already said.
Do they know about the baby?

My DS is 5 I'm getting ready to tell him but worried incase it seems ages away.

Booking appointment tomorrow. And had my first spd twinges, last time it kicked in at 20 weeks, gutted to have it so soon.

TommyG I think it's kind of nice for them to have lots of time to get ready for the baby before it arrives. He can talk about the baby lots, ask questions, buy things etc and hopefully he won't worry so much when baby arrives.

I was thinking about our announcement last night. I want to do something with DS but also involving Christmas if possible. I've got a few ideas but need to get something sorted

That is a brilliant announcement. Well done 😊

Mumof 5 can I ask how old your other kids are? I can't remember if you have already said.
Do they know about the baby?

My DS is 5 I'm getting ready to tell him but worried incase it seems ages away.

Hi tommyg, yes I have six other children, they are 19,17,11,9,7 and 6. They all know about the baby, they've known from pretty early on, my 6 year old told me when I was around 9 weeks that I looked pregnant 😳 (my belly popped quite early on to be fair), so we figured we'd just tell them then, I'd already had a scan so was happy to tell them. My two youngest (both girls) have become totally obsessed and have been watching clips on YouTube etc about pregnancy and babies (filtered of course). I think talking about it with them and letting them feel involved in choosing names, clothes, prams and stuff makes them feel a real part of it and we refer to the baby as 'our' baby. Xx

Thanks for replying I think we will tell him this week. Makes sense to tell him. But somebody else had said it seems a long time for kids to wait iykwim.

What a cute announcement!

I was doing good for a couple of weeks, but all of the sudden today I am crazy sick. :(

I'm wondering if it has to do with the medicine I started on last night/this morning? I am on a new round of antibiotics, because apparently I keep testing positive for Group Strep B, and they started me back on Zoloft because of my anxiety. But then I also didn't get a lot of sleep last night. I don't know. Just a little upset because I don't want to go back to first trimester nausea. :(

Thanks for replying I think we will tell him this week. Makes sense to tell him. But somebody else had said it seems a long time for kids to wait iykwim.

We have already told my son, and he is 3. I give him gentle reminders every now again (especially since he can be so rough and has to be careful around mommy's tummy now).

He keeps coming to me and telling me that there's a baby in his tummy, too! Hehe.

Great announcement :thumbup:

We announced to my eldest daughter Friday and my family Sunday fathers day. With my daughter I already had a photo album that had my eldest daughter's scan photos in so I put my 2nd daughter's scans in there too and put a piece of paper before my eldest's saying 'Jessica' and 'Jasmine' before my 2nd daughter's, then before this baby's scan I put 'Number 3!!!' And let her look through it and she said "what are you having another baby", she was very surprised.

Then on father's day we went to my parent's and my youngest had a t-shirt on saying 'big sister in training' and I was hoping they would notice and be surprised but they didn't get it and my mum didn't even realise when I pointed it out, I handed her an envelope with Grandma and Grandad on and inside a note saying 'Hello Grandma and Grandad' then the scan behind that, my mum was shocked and said "is this yours?" I said "yes, I thought you knew from the t-shirt". So the announcement wasn't a success but at least I get to keep the cute t-shirt as a memory.

Just told DS, doesn't seem impressed by the idea, however he did ask "how will the baby get out?". Nobody warned me that would be top of the list of questions.

Ahahaha tommyg that is pretty funny about the question. Kids say the darndest things, after all. ;)

So I am finally on state health coverage...but here's the kicker: I've been on it and had no idea. I was never in their system (and trust me I called many times to make sure), never got any info in the mail or any cards, nothing. I applied last January. January 2015. I've been on it since then apparently. So why was I never in the system until today? We would have been saved so much financial grief last year if we had known I was on state health insurance...:growlmad:

Lovely announcements :) Tommy that is funny - what did you tell him? I've told DS (because he also wanted to know) that babies come out of their mummy's bottoms. He accepted it but maybe as your son is a bit older that might result in more questions :haha:

We announced on Facebook last night. Nothing that exciting or imaginative, just DS saying he is going to be a big brother. It feels more exciting now everyone knows :)

DH jumped in with "untie mummies belly button". While I was thinking, my initial thought was bum but he would associate that with poo lol. I googled later and found people saying "special hole between legs".

I think I am going to have to get a book and clear it up. That will be a great book to read I'll look forward to it. (not)

Haha :haha:
My mum has just bought DS some books but I don't think they are very detailed with the birth part - maybe you can buy some more advanced ones!!

My nausea stopped around week 9-10 but for the last 3 days I've constantly felt sick to the point I've not managed to do anything. It's way worse than my early pregnancy nausea although I haven't actually been sick (I wish I could be to be honest). Does this sound like some sort of bug that I need to ride out or should I be worried? It just seems strange for sickness to return with such a vengeance at this stage.

I don't think you need to be worried - mine peaked around that time and I still have it on and off now. Try to eat regular small meals and see if that helps. :hugs: it isn't fun feeling sick all the time!

Sorry Ladies I need a rant.
My little boy tells my parents he is going to be a big brother, stunned silence, my Mum says "really", yip really then she starts "what can I knit?" And lots of baby chat until we left.

We go to ILs, same script DS tells them. MIL congratulates me, FIL congratulates DH and says "Well Done" it might just be me but that seems an inappropriate comment. They ask a couple of questions then change the subject. Is that rude or not really interested?

My nausea stopped around week 9-10 but for the last 3 days I've constantly felt sick to the point I've not managed to do anything. It's way worse than my early pregnancy nausea although I haven't actually been sick (I wish I could be to be honest). Does this sound like some sort of bug that I need to ride out or should I be worried? It just seems strange for sickness to return with such a vengeance at this stage.

I had horrible MS during the first trimester but I remember around 11 weeks it was better but then at 12-13 weeks it was really bad again. It started to get a little better at 14 wks but I would throw up every day until 16 weeks. Now I'm 17 weeks and it's almost gone. I don't think you should worry unless you have other symptoms like a fever or bad diarrhea which might indicate a bug.

Sorry Ladies I need a rant.
My little boy tells my parents he is going to be a big brother, stunned silence, my Mum says "really", yip really then she starts "what can I knit?" And lots of baby chat until we left.

We go to ILs, same script DS tells them. MIL congratulates me, FIL congratulates DH and says "Well Done" it might just be me but that seems an inappropriate comment. They ask a couple of questions then change the subject. Is that rude or not really interested?

That sounds like my mil - this will be their 7th grandchild and it's almost like they've just lost interest. My mum is excited though so I'm just focusing on that. I don't think they mean not to sound interested, so try not to take it to heart.

Laura how are you feeling? It could be a bug you have. Not much you can do other than let it run it's course.

Tbh I should have known that it would have been low on their priority list. Their daughters kid is top priority.

However you are absolutely right concentrate on my mums shock / excitement. She knew my first IVF failed, but I didn't tell her about the FET hence absolutely shocked especially as it was DS who told her.

My Mil doesn't show much excitement either, she likes to moan a lot about things like when my husband told her she said you've not long since had a child. She's a hipacrit though she had 3 under age of 3 and she had 4 children in total. She's not ask to see scan, she doesn't seem very sentimental so we didn't bother paying for an extra scan for her like we did my mum. This will be my Mil 8th grandkid and my mum's 7th, I think the excitement is less from people after you have your 1st, my mum didn't really bother ask how pregnancy was going when I was pregnant 2nd time and it really annoyed me but I would never say anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->