**December Snowflakes - 2016**

Lovely pics Jezika and congratulations on having a girl :)

Just had an appointment with the midwife, heard Babys HB :) everything was fine. Was a nice relief to hear it.

Can't wait until my scan! 3 weeks today

Jezika - Congratulations on being team pink and the photos are so cute :) We have a gender scan on Saturday where I could be anywhere from 16 to 16+3 depending on if you go from ET or dating scan.

Midnight - Time is going fast here too, but then we have due dates in december so once you get to the summer the year always seems to fly by.

ASM well trying to be more active and getting the DH to relax and let me be more active durning the morning. Today's exciting task was cleaning the bathroom and tomorrow will be the bedroom! Been so tired up until now the housework has fallen to the wayside abit.

Congrats on a :pink:, Jezika! Love the pics! :D

Glad you had a good appt, rose!

tommyg - yes, it's definitely good to vent. I do a lot of that myself!

Scan went well! I didn't realize it would take about an hour so was a little uncomfortable and gave me soooo much time to lie there and wonder whether it would be a boy or girl and wishing hard for a girl but preparing for boy and wondering how I'd feel yadda yadda yadda. Then the tech showed me some unexpected 3D pics of our baby's face, which just melted my heart (see below). DH came in later and the tech casually said it's a girl. She said you can never be 100% sure because a penis is easier to spot that its absence, but she see,ed pretty certain. So, so happy!

Aww, congrats on your baby girl! Those pics are awesome! :happydance:

Beautiful pictures Jezica, congrats on joining team pink 💕🎀.

Im good thanks tommyg, hope you are too. Times flying for me too, can't quite believe I'm now over the halfway mark. Have my anomaly scan in two weeks, really hoping all is well and looking forward to seeing her again and seeing how much she's grown 💕

19 weeks and I think I'm finally past the nausea. Still have occasional days of it, but overall good. Have started waking up around 3/4 AM for no reason. Want to start cleaning house and nesting, but everyone is still asleep, so can't. :\

I go for my scan next week. I can't wait to see how this baby is growing!

Jezika - congrats on having a baby girl! How exciting!

Rose - glad the heartbeat was strong - it's always a relief!

Genevevex - great that your nausea has finally gone! Now you can start enjoying it!

I don't think time will fly for me until after the 20 week scan as I can't wait to find out the gender!

Tommyg - in my last pregnancy I had very high blood pressure at 38 weeks which required medication. My feet and ankles were also swollen but they never officially diagnosed pre-eclampsia. It was getting serious though as they were going to induce me but then I went into labour anyway. My blood pressure didn't go down until 3 months after the birth and it was really stressful as they wanted to test me every day which took away from enjoying my baby! So I'm desperately hoping I don't have problems this time round and especially not earlier than 38 weeks. We will see I suppose! Hopefully the aspirin will help.

Jezika, yay for team pink!

Genevevex, glad to hear the nausea is letting up. I sympathize with the weird sleep times. What day is your scan next week? Mine is next Thursday and I'm already counting down :)

AFM, I finally felt both babies at the same time and DH was able to feel each of them kick. I pushed one lump (baby butt?) and got kicked under the ribs. Then did the same on the other side and got kicked under the ribs on that side. So cool!

I also bought my first bit of baby gear for these babies. I went pretty minimalist with dd so we need quite a bit for the twins. I picked up two infant car seats on Amazon Prime Day today for $63 each and they're usually $99. I have a hard time purchasing baby gear this early but I couldn't pass up such a good deal. Has anyone else started buying baby gear yet?

Has anyone else started buying baby gear yet?

Yep, pretty much have everything, just trying to be super organised as I don't have a lot of time with working and the other six to care for. I've been buying things when I see them on special offer or sale and a few things from eBay. All I really need now are babies toiletries and nappies.

I really only need a couple of things. Changing station is my biggest thing to get. I'll pick up a couple of new outfits when / if I see stuff I like.

For DS's benefit I need to sort a Christmas stocking but that is the extent of what I need.

Sapphire86: My scan is Thursday, too! I can't wait! Really hoping we will be able to determine the gender.

I haven't started buying any gear yet, as I want to know the gender first. But I HAVE started a project. We will be reusing my son's crib with this baby, and I decided I want to repaint it first. So we are in the process of giving it a quick, one-layer sanding before I can start painting.

I did lots of research and found a baby-friendly paint with zero VOCs, etc, and picked up a couple of cans of a gender-neutral grey. I'm excited to have it done, but it will likely be put on hold for the rest of this week. I only have two more pieces to sand, but lots of work to make up since I missed a day, and my son's 4th birthday party to plan and have this weekend.

We still have everything for DD as she is still little, but I've bought a few items of clothing here and there. I bought a few neutral things before we knew we were having another girl. Nothing more than that yet though.

We bought the nursery furniture a couple weeks ago but that's about it so far. My friend set up a registry on Amazon and I pretty much just copy and pasted everything she had, so that's helped me immensely! All the baby gear is really overwhelming. Now I just need to narrow down which car seats and stroller to get. For those of you that are already moms, do you have any recommendations??

We bought the nursery furniture a couple weeks ago but that's about it so far. My friend set up a registry on Amazon and I pretty much just copy and pasted everything she had, so that's helped me immensely! All the baby gear is really overwhelming. Now I just need to narrow down which car seats and stroller to get. For those of you that are already moms, do you have any recommendations??

Britax carseats are great. We have a Grayco (sp?) travel system that also came with an infant car seat. We weren't happy with that seat but we also had to buy it on the fly so it was kind of cheap, though most Graycos are great from what I understand. We love the stroller. But we had a Britax carseat given to us by a relative and it is quite safe, snug and secure.

We have moses basket, some unisex clothes and a cot. Thats it. I am not gonna stress, we cant get stuff after baby is here if need be. Xx

Britax carseats are great. We have a Grayco (sp?) travel system that also came with an infant car seat. We weren't happy with that seat but we also had to buy it on the fly so it was kind of cheap, though most Graycos are great from what I understand. We love the stroller. But we had a Britax carseat given to us by a relative and it is quite safe, snug and secure.

Good to know! Is a travel system basically a car seat and stroller that can be used together?

Yes basically a travel system is a car seat that sits on buggy. They were very popular a few years ago but people have become more wary of babies spending lots of time in car seats.
That said I do have adapters that let me us the carseat on my buggy, saves disturbing baby esp if you are only popping into one shop.

For strollers, I have the chicco echo and love it (the liteway is similar and a little nicer I think). It's like a souped-up umbrella stroller that reclines. I didn't use an infant car seat with dd so we used it from about 3 mos... Now she's nearly 3 yes and it still seems like new even though we use it all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->