**December Snowflakes - 2016**

Just checking in to say I'm still here and loving all the scan updates! My scan is next Tuesday and we still haven't decided for sure whether or not to find out.

Maternal serum results back in! Low risk for everything but the doctor was shocked. I'm 28 in September and the downs risk was less than that of a 15 year old. Such good news.

My anatomy scan with the mfm went well this morning. Both babies are growing at the same rate and they are both girls (as expected from the genetic screening). I bought them a few new pink sleepers to celebrate between appointments... Now onto appointment #2 for the day with my ob office!

Welcome princessjj!

Congrats to sapphire and stiletto mum on gender scans!

Mrsrose - great that it doesn't look like there is a problem with the scan and that you're staying positive!

Counting - good news about the Down's risk!

Loving hearing about all these scans!

I had an appointment to discuss birth after caesarean yesterday and I think I'm going to try again for a vaginal birth if possible. I heard baby's heartbeat again which was lovely as I'm still not really feeling anything :/

I heard baby's heartbeat again which was lovely as I'm still not really feeling anything :/

I didn't feel anything at your stage either Laura please try not to worry, it's only really been the last week or so that I've felt regular 'proper' movements X

Counting, I'm glad you got happy news from your screening. Hopefully it helps you breathe a little easier now... As if that's possible when pregnant!

Laura, that's great about the vbac news. It will be great to have a vbac supportive provider.

I was 17 weeks and a few days when I felt dd for the first time. It got stronger fast each week.

Even these babies were hard to feel until 17 weeks and they're much higher up. I still only feel them a few times a day at 18 weeks.

Great news, everyone! Glad to hear so many good things. :)

Laura, very cool you're gonna try for VBAC. I wanted to but my Dr's office doesn't do VBACs, plus my risk of having the baby get stuck again is high due to my pelvis shape. Also, don't worry about movement, it's normal at this stage! You'll feel more soon! :)

Loopy - I'm aiming for a VBAC too. Fingers crossed for us both! Why did you end up with a csection last time?

My ds was in a funny position (transverse lie) so it was a planned c- section as he wouldn't have come out on his own!

Congratulations on the scans ladies! Mine is a week on Tuesday, I am so excited to find out what we are having - I hope baby cooperates!! :)

Hilslo - fingers crossed for your vbac too!

I had an emergency c section as she got stuck at 6cm and didn't progress for hours and hours. Her heart rate went up so they decided to just get her out. I really don't want to go through that again so I'm hoping this one doesn't get stuck!

Is anyone who already has a little one to look after finding it particularly hard at the moment? I am really struggling trying to juggle work with looking after DS and the housework, and I feel like nobody in this house appreciates anything or tries to help. DS makes a mess constantly, and is constantly shouting 'mum! Drink!' And other demands at the moment which is driving me mad. DH is completely unsympathetic and doesn't help out with the house stuff at all, which was fine before I felt so exhausted but I just feel like he expects so much and doesn't ever take in to account my feelings. Plus the weathers been so hot and sticky this past couple of weeks that it's taking it out of me. I just feel like I can't do anything right at the moment.

Sorry - pointless rant really I'm just exhausted and need to get it off my chest :haha:

Rose -it can definitely get challenging! My dd is starting to get very bossy and demanding and it can be exhausting balancing it with work and nursery pickups etc. I just had 2 nights away with my dh though which helped loads so maybe try and do something for yourself (anything, even just a massage) and I bet you'll feel much better.

I'm struggling too, been off work for just over a week with stress, and having one more week off, although now the kids are off for the holidays not sure whether work or home is more stressful 😳. Everything just seems magnified at the moment, I blame the hormones 😒 Xx

I've been feeling really tired the last few weeks. Awaiting the 2nd tri burst of energy.

I'm 18 weeks and feeling very fat & unfit. Can't decide how much is baby and how much is just being fat. Tbh I was fatter before I fell pregnant than I have ever been.

Need to look out my maternity clothes. Going to a wedding next weekend and nothing fits. I'm fairly sure I have nothing in my maternity clothes suitable either.

Yes Rose, I feel you. I've got my house, two toddlers, my job, my pregnant self and something has got to give. Right now that something is my house and it's so depressing because it's in a constant mess. Even still, it's hard to have patience as much as I'd like with my older two while pregnant and I find my husband frustrating. It's all part and parcel with pregnancy and I'm trying to remind myself it's very temporary and I'm only human.

Is anyone who already has a little one to look after finding it particularly hard at the moment? I am really struggling trying to juggle work with looking after DS and the housework, and I feel like nobody in this house appreciates anything or tries to help. DS makes a mess constantly, and is constantly shouting 'mum! Drink!' And other demands at the moment which is driving me mad. DH is completely unsympathetic and doesn't help out with the house stuff at all, which was fine before I felt so exhausted but I just feel like he expects so much and doesn't ever take in to account my feelings. Plus the weathers been so hot and sticky this past couple of weeks that it's taking it out of me. I just feel like I can't do anything right at the moment.

Sorry - pointless rant really I'm just exhausted and need to get it off my chest :haha:

I feel exactly the same! Been very poorly this pregnancy and everything seems to be a struggle & with a 2 year old DD whos just developed an attitude and an 8 year old DS whos broken up from school and already bored, as well as Uni work from home and house work.
I'm really struggling, tried explaining to DH but he doesn't understand and is too pig headed to help me most of the time.

its good to have a rant and get it off your chest sometimes xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->