**December Snowflakes - 2016**

Baby gear-
My oldest is 3, my second is 15 months. We bed share (so no crib), cloth diapers and have an entire stash of newborn ones waiting to go, don't use a stroller. If baby is a boy we are more than set for clothes. We need a new baby carrier, a small dresser, ando if baby is a girl we will need some girl clothes but that's it.

I have a doctors appointment on the 21st and I should get the anomaly screening results then. After that my big ultrasound on the 25th. I'm nervous, hoping baby is growing healthy and strong. We should also find out the baby's sex if they cooperate.

I can't believe on Thursday I'll be half way to meeting baby.

Welcome back, Midnight, hope you had a good trip.

How is everyone? My anatomy scan is a week from today...can't believe we are all so close to hitting halfway if we haven't already!

Good luck for your scan bubbles, mine is the day after yours, I'll be just over 22 weeks, they couldn't fit me in sooner, but excited to see her again 😍😬 xx

My anatomy scan is Thursday. I'll be 18 weeks 4 days which is earlier than I'd like, but they're doing growth scans every 4 weeks so I'll have them check the heart again at 22 weeks. I can't wait to see my babies again. I'm feeling a lot more relaxed for this appointment because I'm feeling them move regularly now. Before I couldn't relax during the scan until I'd seen both heartbeats!

I have my anatomy scan this morning. Can't wait to see our little princess again!

Mine is on 2nd August. I tried to move it to the week before as DH is typically starting a new job that week but they won't do it any earlier as they say I have to be at least 20 weeks. I am looking forward to seeing LO again and hoping we will be able to find out the gender :D

So exciting about all these anatomy scans coming up! I hope they all go well! Mine is not till 9th August. I have an appointment on Wednesday though to discuss vbac to see what my options are in terms of delivery but that's about it from me at the mo except continuing the regular blood pressure checks. I'm excited to hear about some gender news coming up for those not staying team yellow!

I've got mine on Wednesday. A strange combination of excitement and fear! I've been feeling some strong kicks so I know it's definitely alive. Just hoping it's healthy!!!

We're going to find out the sex. I have a really strong feeling that it's another boy but my morher's intuition is rubbish as I had a feeling DS was a girl!

I think it's because I'd secretly like a girl but to be honest I'll be thrilled with a healthy bean of either colour!!!

Ps - tiredness is still killing me though. Working full time and running round after a nearly 2 year old is exhausting when you're pregnant (and even when I'm not pregnant!)

The anatomy scan went pretty well for the most part. She is measuring 8 days ahead and weighs 1 pound. They did see a white spot/calcium deposit on her heart, which can be an indicator of a chromosomal issue, however my doctor said 99% of the time it is nothing and has no impact on the development of the heart and won't cause any issues. The other 1% of the time it is a chromosomal issue. Since all my genetic blood work and NT scan came back normal, she is not concerned about it. Apparently they're fairly common--even her own daughter had one and it turned out to be nothing. She said that they just started looking for these within the past few years with the advancement of ultrasounds, but she wishes they wouldn't b/c it's usually nothing and just causes a lot of unnecessary worry. She did say I could verify with an amnio but given that everything has been normal thus far, I don't see any reason to do that. I have a good feeling that everything will be just fine.

I've got mine on Wednesday. A strange combination of excitement and fear! I've been feeling some strong kicks so I know it's definitely alive. Just hoping it's healthy!!!

We're going to find out the sex. I have a really strong feeling that it's another boy but my morher's intuition is rubbish as I had a feeling DS was a girl!

I think it's because I'd secretly like a girl but to be honest I'll be thrilled with a healthy bean of either colour!!!

Ps - tiredness is still killing me though. Working full time and running round after a nearly 2 year old is exhausting when you're pregnant (and even when I'm not pregnant!)

Ooh, I can't wait to find out the gender! I was much less nervous this time since I've been able to feel her moving around for the last 3 weeks--that's such a good feeling! My mother's intuition is pretty bad too--I thought for sure she was a boy :) Good luck at your scan!

I think you're right to feel positive. Sounds like your doctor was of the same opinion!

Fab news that it all went well 😄

Rose, thanks for the update. It sounds like you have a good doctor. I'm glad the scan went well for the most part!

My intuition is never right lol. With dd I think I wanted a girl so bad that I convinced myself it was a boy so I wouldn't be disappointed. (I truly wanted either badly after 10 mos ttc!)

This time I had zero preference but assumed there would be a boy in there for DH this time... His odds were better this time with fraternal (probably) twins at 75% for at least one boy but genetic testing says it's girls! I'll confirm Thursday.

I'm a little annoyed at my ob office today. Last month I scheduled my anatomy scan and appt a few days early to accommodate my doctors' travel schedule. Today they called and said I had to see the nurse practitioner instead. So now I have my mfm appt in the morning, anatomy scan after lunch, and ob appt in the afternoon. So not only is it a long day, but I'm worried about picking up dd on time from daycare since I live an hour away. I'd never have scheduled the afternoon appointments to start with if I knew I couldn't see my ob anyways! Ugh... Thanks for letting me vent!

Monday July 18, 2016

20 week anatomy scan! Halfway there!! Baby boy had his arms up in boxing stance, grabbing his feet and then putting all four fingers in his mouth LOL. He's doing well and the technician says everything looks healthy and strong.

IMG_0294.jpg

Congrats, stiletto!!! :D

MrsRose, glad it seems to be nothing to worry about and both you and the Dr. are staying positive!

Sapphire, sorry to hear about that! I hate it when they schedule me with the NP, but I do see her often as my Dr. gets called to emergency sections and deliveries often, even when I'm scheduled to see her. I prefer my Dr. though of course. I hope you can arrange something for DD so she doesn't get picked up late!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->