**December Snowflakes - 2016**

Geneveve that announcement is great 💕. Love all the other scan pics, unfortunately they didn't give me a picture this time 😠

My scan went ok, baby is all good and measurements are all normal. She was being a little diva tho, both hands up over her face the whole time and they couldn't get a face shot, and she's currently breech (although plenty of time to turn), they did however find quite a large blood clot/haematoma on my placenta, which they said may cause problems with her growth, so I need extra scans at 28, 32 and 36 weeks. I may need more but that's the plan currently.

Love the announcement, Geneveve!

Sorry to hear about the clot, Mumof5, but glad they will be monitoring you so close and that baby is great otherwise!

Wow - so many scans since I last logged on! Congrats counting, bubbles, grace, Malia, Genevevex and mumof5 on your scans and gender reveals!

Counting - it's good they picked it up in the scan and you can have extra monitoring. I really hope that your baby boy is fine.

Mumof5 - sorry to hear about the blood clot. I'm glad you will be monitored and I hope it doesn't impact anything later.

Genevevex - I love the announcement!

Grace - I'm so glad you're getting the girl you so wanted! That's how I felt in my first pregnancy when I found out I was having a dd!

Hope I haven't missed anyone and I hope for those having scans soon that they go well!

Yay Laroawan and everyone else who recently found out what they're having!

Grace - reading your post actually gave me goosebumps because I felt exactly the same about having a girl. Now I'm just scared the tech was wrong! Did they tell you quite definitively that it's a girl or do they always mention some room for error?

Genevevex - what a neat announcement! I'm also finding myself comparing my belly to yours as we're so close in dates. I'm bloody huge!

Ooh, can everyone post bump pics?

AFM, baby is moving around a lot and the other day I could even see her moving around from the outside... just lumps slowly tracking around my belly near my navel. So weird! And when I'm working and she's doing somersaults inside me, it's so freaky! But I love knowing she's alive and kicking in there :)

Oh, as for when to go on mat leave... uh, I'm just hoping I can finish the coursework for my two PhD courses before I give birth! I'm due December 5th and technically my courses end at the end of Nov/early Dec. Yikes!

Oh, I can't remember if I told you guys I fell off my bike a few weeks ago (the day after my anatomy scan) and was crying for two days in fear of hurting baby? Also not sure if I updated, but my midwife sent me for an u/s the next day and all was fine (but I still cried throughout and then afterwards too).

Also, I admire all of your who already have kids. I can only imagine how tough that is and I hope you give yourselves credit for what a great job you're undoubtedly doing.

Jezika - that must have been scary but so glad all is well and it's great that she's wriggling around a lot in there! Don't worry, it sounds like no damage was done!

As for mat leave I'm going off at 37 + 2 I think which will make my last day at work 8th Dec. Last time I went off at a similar time and gave birth a week later!

I haven't done a bump pic for ages but will try and do one soon!

Mumof5, sorry to hear about the clot but its great news her measurements are normal :)

Bubbles, I can't believe your scan took so long! I felt like mine was long at an hour... it was hard to lay on my back that long. Glad to hear your baby girl is active.

Malia, I love the little baby foot. It makes me want it to be the holidays so these babies will be here already!

Genevex, I LOVE your gender reveal picture and how you involved your kiddos too.

Jezika, you're cutting it close with classes!!! I was sure I would go past 40 weeks with my daughter and I ended up having her at 36+0 :dohh: I'm sorry to hear about the bike fall. I've been a total klutz this pregnancy.

Yesterday I tripped over a power cord at school that I was looking at to make sure I didn't trip over. :dohh: Luckily everything is fine except my sore rear where i landed. I'm just happy I avoided hitting my bump. I guess that's the universe's way of telling me not to go back to work until my school year officially begins :)

My twin/second pregnancy belly is finally noticeably larger than my singleton/first pregnancy belly. Here's a 19 week belly pic. The left is dd1 and the right is the twins from a few days ago. With dd1 I was still wearing normal shorts(!) even though I started off 10 lbs heavier than I did this pregnancy. I actually popped the button off of those shorts this pregnancy at 10 weeks eating at Mellow Mushroom Pizza... oops

Attachments

• Fotor_146941094565376.jpg
    Fotor_146941094565376.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 3
Congratulations on the scans ladies! Geneveve I love that announcement. I am sure once you start thinking of your baby as a little girl, the disappointment will disappear and you'll be excited :hugs:

Hilslo last time I finished work a week before DS was due. I went back to work once my mat pay had finished so it worked out well. I do wish that I'd had a bit more time to myself before he arrived though - at the time I was super bored waiting but I never get time to myself now so it's a huge luxury! This time I'm thinking of finishing work a couple of weeks before (baby will probably be late like DS) and then I should have enough time to prepare for Xmas and have a bit of me time while DS is at nursery.

Lovely bump Sapphire!! You're still neat for twins I think :) glad you're ok after your fall, that must have been a bit scary x

Thanks all! I've been on such a high all day. I don't know if it's the high from the scan but I've felt so much movement tonight! she's been dancing away for ages. I've been so caught up in other things lately, I'm changing jobs and moving house next week which has been stressful so it's been lovely to bring our baby back into the forefront of our minds. We're so excited now!

Grace - reading your post actually gave me goosebumps because I felt exactly the same about having a girl. Now I'm just scared the tech was wrong! Did they tell you quite definitively that it's a girl or do they always mention some room for error?

There's always a teeny tiny bit of room for error, particularly with girls as sometimes they assume it based on not seeing a pennis. Ours however has two strong parallel white lines which supposedly is the classic sign you look for in a little lady so I'm pretty confident she was right!

Grace, our tech also pointed out the lines and repeatedly said she could not find a penis no matter how hard she looked, but she still used the words "probably a girl" and said you can never be 100%, especially with girls (for the reason you stated). I've also heard that sometimes the lines can be present for boys, too. But alas, I think I just need to calm down because chances are it is a girl. I'm glad you're feeling so connected to baby girl. I was the same after the scan too, especially after I saw her little face on the 3D scan totally unexpectedly. It was the first time I truly felt love for the little thing (previously I'd blocked it out due to anxiety of something being wrong, I think). I'm now busy with finishing my thesis so can't focus on her movements as much, waaah.

Hi all

Have moved house and no wifi so a lil absent sorry.
Have been reading though.
Congratulations on all the gender reveals!

I have my 19week scan on 15th august. We are staying team yellow. I have no inklings at all. I have a boy and 2 girls. I'd love another boy....but I am not massively fussed. X

Thanks everyone on the compliments! I definitely wanted to include my other kids in the gender reveal. I want them to feel included as much as possible.

I'm feeling really sick today, but here I am at work anyway. I still have a good 7 hours before I can go home again. :(

I think I might have lost some of my mucus plug last night, so I'm a little concerned. That never happened with my previous two pregnancies, and I'm only 21 weeks right now. My next appointment isn't until next week. I've heard that it can grow back, though... I dunno. I think I'm feeling too sick to even feel too worried right now. :cry:

Re: mucus plug, I was getting a LOT of discharge that looked exactly like mucus plug in first tri (I was actually concerned), but strangely none in second tri. Do you have a midwife? You could maybe just call them and get some reassurance. My midwives have been great in responding to any questions or concerns I have in-between appointments.

Hi not posted much on here and also took a 4 week break from BnB.

Congratulations on all the gender scans!!!

I'm 19 weeks today got my scan next Thursday, we are letting my eldest daughter come in the scan this time, just hope she doesn't act too disappointed if they say baby is a girl, she wanted a boy last time too.

Is anyone else feeling out of breath? Or like they are breathing harder than before? It's not so bad I feel like I should call a doctor but it's annoying.

Is anyone else feeling out of breath? Or like they are breathing harder than before? It's not so bad I feel like I should call a doctor but it's annoying.

I've been like this for a couple of weeks, it can be normal due to increased blood volume and less space in diaphragm. But you should get your iron levels checked as it can also be a sign of anaemia x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->