**December Snowflakes - 2016**

Yes I feel breathless quite a lot, usually if I've exerted myself like walking up lots of stairs etc. I definitely can't move as quickly as I used to, and have to take regular breaks.

Chrissy, I've definitely been feeling out of breath from even the slightest bit of exercise - even turning over in bed! I echo what MumOf5 said. Also, I read recently that our ribs and lungs are expanding to accommodate the extra pressure (and to get more oxygen for baby?), and that shortness of breath is very common.

Oh, how is everyone sleeping? I ordered a full body support pillow a few weeks ago from Amazon and it's the best thing EVER! Sometimes I catch DH spooning the side I'm not using in the middle of the night when I turn over, and I'm like, "Get off! This is MY support!"

Got my anatomy scan tomorrow, absolutely pooing myself with worry that something could be wrong. After doing research on the importance of folic acid and not being able to take supplements due to extreme vomiting I'm now terrified about spinal problems and heart defects. I've been in floods of tears today and last night woke up screaming and scared my partner half to death. I am so scared.

Is anyone else feeling out of breath? Or like they are breathing harder than before? It's not so bad I feel like I should call a doctor but it's annoying.

ALL of the time since about 6 or 7 weeks pregnant. My Dr said it's hormonal/vascular in early pregnancy then baby starts crowding the lungs later in pregnancy. My iron levels are normal, but it can be a cause.

It is SO much more noticeable for me with the twins than my singleton especially now that they've been crowding my lower ribcage for a few weeks.

I find mine is wose when my blood sugar is low so mornings are usually bad.

Tweeks - I'm sure everything will be fine. You did everything you could and it's so unlikely to have caused a problem. Just think how many people don't know they're pregnant in the first trimester. I hope everything is ok, at least you don't have long to wait now.

I'm getting a little breathless when walking up stairs but not too bad yet otherwise. I'm sleeping a bit better than I was and also have a pregnancy pillow which ice started using. I still have to get up at least once in the night to go to the toilet which is annoying.

Got my anatomy scan tomorrow, absolutely pooing myself with worry that something could be wrong. After doing research on the importance of folic acid and not being able to take supplements due to extreme vomiting I'm now terrified about spinal problems and heart defects. I've been in floods of tears today and last night woke up screaming and scared my partner half to death. I am so scared.

I understand the worry, but even without the prenatals your odds of spina bifida are very low. I believe many common grains are fortified with folic acid in the US in addition to many fruits and veggies that contain it naturally so you've likely consumed a good bit anyway. (don't know about elsewhere)

There's nothing like pregnancy to cause us to freak out! I've had many moments so far this pregnancy and we're not even to all the possible third trimester complications yet :)

Good luck tomorrow and let us know how it goes!

Thank you ladies. Seriously with my first, I was more concerned with the gender. Honestly, this time I couldn't give a shit. I just want to know my baby is healthy. I feel like I was so naive in Aurora's pregnancy. xx

Awww Tweeks, it's okay to be nervous/anxious, and I think I myself was the biggest culprit of that pretty much the whole time. But really, the odds are so so so in your favour of everything being just fine, even without prenatals. Like others said, so many women don't even know they're pregnant for quite some time, and often that means not just not taking prenatals, but doing things that might unwittingly harm baby (drinking etc.). Plus women have been having babies for millennia without knowledge about folic acid and yet complications like spin bifida have always been rare. I think it's just an easy thing to take (if you can) that helps avoid that tiny chance.

Please try not to worry too much! I bet you everything will be just fine, and please come and update us!

Thank you Jezika, I'm trying to remind myself that the odds are in my favour. I lost three and a half stone before falling pregnant with this baby and my diet was the healthiest it's ever been. Since being pregnant, I've struggled to eat anything. I don't know, I think I've just terrified myself. I'm driving my partner mad and he's seriously considering taking me to the GP to be assessed for prenatal anxiety.

I will update you all. Fingers and toes crossed for a healthy baby.

Tweeks :hugs: I've not been able to take vitamins since I was about 9 weeks because they would just make me throw up. I figured it was better to try and keep my meals down than force myself to take a Vitamin which would make me throw up my meal! I don't remember having an aversion to them with my last pregnancy but it was so bad this time. Just thinking of them still makes me feel sick.

I am sure everything is just fine - thinking of you x

Tweeks, you sound like me in the first trimester. I was so anxious about something going wrong (actually convinced it would and then taking every single tiny symptom as evidence of it) that I couldn't even allow myself to feel emotionally attached to baby for the longest time. Even though part of me knew the worry was unjustified, another part of me was nonetheless convinced that something could be so, so wrong. It was only after having six(!!!) ultrasounds that were perfectly fine every single time that I realized the fear was purely in my head rather than the result of some sort of objective evidence. And I'm in training to be a clinical psychologist! We're all a bit messed up at times (this isn't to say don't seek help if you think you would benefit - absolutely do consider that an option if you want to - I'm just trying to normalize what you're going through to some extent). Believe me, I know what it's like to hold your breath and fight tears as the u/s tech starts probing your belly because you just can't help but expect bad news. But when you see it's all fine, I'm sure you will feel a lot better (though even then I don't think the anxiety ever fully goes away for many of us!). Good luck at your scan!

Totally normal to worry...I worried about that in my first pregnancy even though I was on vitamins, and this one for most of the first tri I had a lot of trouble taking the vitamins as they'd make me even more nauseous and sometimes I'd throw up. :/ I'm sure all is well for you, as another poster said the risk of spina bifida is extremely low. I'm sure baby is ok! Good luck and let us know how it goes! :hugs:

I feel more breathless this time round than last time. But I am about a stone heavier than before too. I just feel so unfit.

Re prenatal vitamins I only take folic acid / vit D. And I haven't been too religious about it in recent weeks. My body stores too much iron and multi vit, prenatal supplement have iron in them. You might wonder why too much iron is an issue but basically too much you body stores it in random places which causes long term damage to wherever it stores it.

My 20 week scan is next week, but 2 scans last week (because of a mix-up between my weight & height giving duff blood results) showed all was well.

You ladies have just made me wonder, during my first pregnancy (before I knew about my iron issue) I was using a prenatal multi vit. I was really sick until about 16weeks. This time avoiding the prenatals I was sick once at 8 weeks.
Could their be a link, instead of me thinking that it might be a girl?

It's a boy!
I'm terrified but excited.
Got to go back though as they couldn't get good enough pictures of his heart.

Congrats tweeks! Exciting! It's quite common not to be able to get all the right measurements.

Tommyg - I took pre natal vitamins in both pregnancies. I had no sickness in my first pregnancy and it was a girl. This pregnancy I did have a lot of nausea (don't know gender yet) - so I doubt there is any correlation with vitamins or gender! (Although I know it is said girls give you worse sickness)

It's a boy!
I'm terrified but excited.
Got to go back though as they couldn't get good enough pictures of his heart.

Congrats on your baby boy tweeks 💙, so glad the scan went well for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->