Decisions decisions

Frooty

Reaction score
So i was given a leaflet about where i want to have my birth im sure i want to have my boy in the local hospital, theres 2 units midwifery unit and consultant unit im not sure which one i should go for apparently midwife unit is more comfy atmosphere makes u feel at home and not so much electronic monitoring however epidural isn't available in that unit. And the consultants unit is doctors and midwifes present full on monitoring and epidural available. Just dunno which one to go for i want to be in a homely environment but also want there to be a option if the pains too much to have an epidural. Also most women go home within 2 hours on the midwifes unit thats what the leaflet said anyway if everything goes smoothly.

I am stuck on this decision too. I like the idea of a birthing centre but ours is a 20 minute drive form the hospital which makes me a little nervous. With my daughter I went stright to hospital as I wanted an epidural but there is then no chance to use a birthing pool, which I would have liked. HOw far is the midwife led unit from the hospital? If it is close then it is usually quite possible to transfer if you change your mind about pain relief.

Its in the same hopsital so thats a good thing :D

Then I would go for it! It will be staightforward enough for them to transfer you if you decide you want an epidural. I am really keen to use the birthing pool this time around, also after I had my daughter in hospital I transferred back to the birth centre for two nights as it was much more peaceful there and they had a lot more time to help with breastfeeding, so even if you do end up giving birth in hospital that should be an option for afterwards as well.

Ladies are lucky to have a birthing center so close to the hospital!

Can you start on the midwifery unit and transfer if you want more pain relief? That's my birth plan, the 2 units are very close at my hospital so I'm starting out on gas and air in a pool, hopefully that's all I'll need but if I can't cope they will transfer me upstairs to the delivery ward where they have doctors and anaesthetists.

Can you start on the midwifery unit and transfer if you want more pain relief? That's my birth plan, the 2 units are very close at my hospital so I'm starting out on gas and air in a pool, hopefully that's all I'll need but if I can't cope they will transfer me upstairs to the delivery ward where they have doctors and anaesthetists.

Yeah if i decide i want pain relief then they can transfer me. Guess i will have to see if i can deal with the pain on gas and air lol.

I would start off at the midwifery unit and then transfer if you need more pain relief, I'm planning on doing the same at my hospital :) x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->