Decrease in wet diapers.. 4 month old.

Lilly12

Mommy & #2 on board
Reaction score
My DD just went through the 3 month growth spurth and 4 month sleep regression and seems to be back to her normal self.

What I have noticed is that she used to feed every 1-2 hours, now it's ever 3-3.5 hours.
And she also has a decrease in wet diapers, I notice only 3-4 a day now, while it used to be like 6 or so.
Also the past 2 nights (from midnight to 9am) she wakes up dry, as soon as she wakes up though she pees and poops.

Her pee is still clear, her lips aren't dry, her soft spot isn't sunken in, she's happy as can be , still poops the same amount etc.

Is this normal?:shrug:

Strangely enough I've just noticed the same thing. I think if she's well otherwise it's fine, her body is obviously using the fluids in other ways. The concern is when there are no wet nappies.

I have read that at 3-4 months of age they start to pee less often; but roughly the same amounts as before-it will seem like less though because it is more spaced out throughout the day. They also tend to wee a bit less in warm or hot weather but as long as the wee is not yellow and concentrated or they have other signs of dehydration its not a problem. My son went like this at 4-5 months and I was a bit worried but as he has got older the amounts have increased and we have roughly the same amount of wet nappies again xx

thnx ladies!

i think it was cause those past 2 nights she slept through and didnt nurse so she woke up dry. and shes going longer between feeds so thats why too i guess...

I am amazed u still count, I just chsnge poor Ellie when I think about it so I dont know if there r 2 pes in there or 3. One time she had naked time for an hour and peed 3 times, it is do unpredictable.

I am amazed u still count, I just chsnge poor Ellie when I think about it so I dont know if there r 2 pes in there or 3. One time she had naked time for an hour and peed 3 times, it is do unpredictable.

We use diapers with a wetness indicator :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"