Delayed vaccination-Update-New doctor sounds promising

I'm not questioning any thing that you guys posted, at all. I just think some of the comments previously were a bit silly (not either of yours, that I remember), and I think most people would do whatever they could do to help prevent any illnesses, right?

I don't have a problem with people not vaccinating and making informed decisions.

Do you honestly believe if the whole of Australia stopped vaccinating children wouldn't start getting, and dying from all these preventable diseases?

Close our borders, keep the foreigners out and the Aussies in and then yep, definitely.

:roll: Good luck with that.. and that's not the least bit offensive to others btw.

You know that's literally impossible.. right? Also, that means.. you all have to stay in.

I have no plans on leaving, why would I want to If Australia closed it's borders we would be fully self sufficient; and other countries would be pissed because they won't be getting their hands on our uranium nor our coal, nor our produce, nor anything that they keep on nicking.

Surely you cant really believe this??? Australia paid for me to come over from the UK because they were desperate for doctors. About 25 of my colleagues alone nwere brought over too. My husband works in engineering( he is australian), and about half his colleagues are from europe, again brought over all expenses paid because australia doesnt have enough professionals. That is just one aspect of it, not to mention money and jobs from tourists, imports, exports ect. In this day and age no country would do well if they closed their borders.:dohh:

I'm not anti-vax either. My daughter is vaccinated and so is my son. I just think questioning it is a good thing...

Its definitely good to question, especially when it comes to our health as doctors aren't infalliable but its just some people blatently deny facts (not you, I know!)

I absolutely agree " Prevention is better than cure " yes it is. And its also cost effective no doubt. The only thing I want to discuss is about the vaccine-prevention and effects from vaccine itself. And yes I am vaccinating as you already know from the beginning of my posts. I just am concerned about some vaccines especially the hexavaccines and MMR (not opposed to single vaccines or individual vaccines ykwim and no not because of its autism link but other things)

Thank you all again for your time and your inputs, I really appreciate it

I absolutely agree " Prevention is better than cure " yes it is. And its also cost effective no doubt. The only thing I want to discuss is about the vaccine-prevention and effects from vaccine itself. And yes I am vaccinating as you already know from the beginning of my posts. I just am concerned about some vaccines especially the hexavaccines and MMR (not opposed to single vaccines or individual vaccines ykwim and no not because of its autism link but other things)

Thank you all again for your time and your inputs, I really appreciate it

Can I ask what other things?

Seizures, allergies, brain damage etc lack of safety studies and so on

Edit I was going to speak about cancer, and don't know if there a link established yet, however cancer rates increasing due failing immunity to fight other diseases. I am not even saying about any direct cause, but see, your body's preparing to fight the disease you introduce vaccine, does it have impact on other aspects of immunity thats what keeps me thinking.

As with the MMR I have a question why is everyone talking only about measles what about mumps and rubella. I read that rubella can be serious for a pregnant women, so why its important to give at 15 month age? Sorry but I am not attacking pro vacciners here, I just am curious to know. What do you think about the mumps and rubella that comes along MMR vaccination?

Can you show us any evidence that mmr causes cancer seizures or brain damage?

I cant find anything on cancer at all and the only thing I can find on seizures or brain damage says its so rare there's no way to even be sure I was caused by the vaccine.

I'd like some evidence as well.

Its important because it protects pregnant women. If a mother has one child and is pregnant again, it is of course important that her child is vaccinated to lessen the risks of that child passing rubella onto the pregnant mother.

Vaccinations don't just protect the person they are given to but also the people around them.

The MMR vaccine are said to be more effective than the single vaccines.

The reason mumps is given is because of the complications that can occure, https://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Mumps/Pages/Complications.aspx

While some of the complications aren't an issue until after puberty others are an issue even in childhood.

Given it is regarded as a common childhood illness pre-MMR I would also think they give it to 15 month olds to try and prevent the spread of the illness in nurserys, schools, playgroups and any other place that LO's meet. Their will also be an element of "herd immunity" if you vaccinate all children then their is less chance of it being spread amonst them and into vunerable adults, like cancer sufferers.

Rubella used to be given to 11/12 year old girls only, as previously discussed, but again to try and prevent the spread of it in the community it is given to all children. You could argue their is still no need for boys to have it but if it makes the whole MMR more effective then why not?

But as we've also previously heard I can't remember who it was the Rubella jag just didn't work for them so their must be an element of "this jag works and we want to prevent the spread of the illness so lets include it for boys too".

I am ttc #2. How do I know my rubella worked for me? If DS isn't immunised how do I know he isn't going to bring rubella home from nursery along with the numberous other bugs he's brought home to me? That could then affect #2 if it happens. While the likelyhood of that happening is small I wouldn't like to be the unlucky 1 in 1000 or whatever the odds are.

Its important because it protects pregnant women. If a mother has one child and is pregnant again, it is of course important that her child is vaccinated to lessen the risks of that child passing rubella onto the pregnant mother.

Vaccinations don't just protect the person they are given to but also the people around them.

How did you manage to say in a sentance, what took me war & peace to say?:haha:

How did you manage to say in a sentance, what took me war & peace to say?:haha:

It helps to be too lazy to write an essay :winkwink:

Re cancer and vaccines.

I'm yet to see any convincing evidence of this. The increase in cancer rates could just as easily, and possibly more convincingly, be explained by the fact that we live longer, are better at diagnosing it, plus environmental factors etc etc. There are many things mutating our DNA every day, and there have been as long as humans have existed. It's more amazing to me that we don't ALL get cancer, seeing as it only takes a point mutation in a gene to go awry.

As an aside, there's probably more evidence that viruses cause cancer, eg cervical cancer and HPV. The vaccination in this case is to try to prevent cancers caused by the virus, rather than the other way round. If you want a spectacularly good immune system it would probably be best to avoid sanitation and washing too, but I reckon the bugs would win that fight :winkwink:.

Again, just my opinion, but I reiterate that I prefer to make choices based on the PROVEN risks of things (like diseases) versus the speculated risk of other things (like vaccines).

But each to there own. You can always find 'evidence' against anything if you're determined to find it, and no amount of arguing can counteract internet scaremongering I often think. The view that 'nature' is best is a difficult one for me, as it is often true, but it is also true that mother nature can be a witch and will try to kill or harm you on a regular basis, indiscriminately. Disease and death is 'natural' and used to be the norm (still is in much of the world :nope:).

:flower:

I am not saying they cause cancer, who knows. Hell vaccines might even do more good than we know. I just worry that it could be a posibility and I really hope it doesn't heighten my son or daughter's chance to suffer for years, before dying with cancer. I hope all the people are right about the risks involved (or not I guess) Like I said before, smoking wasn't bad, hell some said it was good for you, no one felt seatbelts were needed, cereal in baby bottles was advised by more than one doctor. Things change and we are given new information daily on what is best. Vaccines have been changed, to be more effective, and dangerous ones have been removed.
I just think everyone should realize that nothing is without risk and when we are grandparents, who knows what we will find out vaccines did to our generation etc...
I am not saying it will be like this, but it's possible.
It is the unknown as of yet that worries me more than anything.

I completely understand what you're saying there Eve. It would be wonderful if we could fast forward to see how it'll turn out before we do anything. Unfortunately only time will tell, and we have to make desicions base on the info we have available to us right now. I choose to trust the evidence that suggests my son will only benefit from the protection the vaccines provide. But of course everyone should look into it for themselves and draw their own conclusion. I just think it should be an informed choice, if there's no evidence that vaccines cause cancer then cancer should not be used as a reason not to vaccinate.

Im sure Nat can say it in one line lol

Eve, I can understand your fears, really I can (I took my LO for his jabs yesterday and, although i never doubted it was best for him, I still hate having to put him through it on the day).

I know that things change and evidence changes, but all we can do is go on the best evidence at the time - it's impossible to predict the future, and if you read the studies and are happy with the methodology and conclusions then that's the best you can do. Research methods have changed a lot since thalidamide days, which can only be a good thing.

Vaccines MAY be shown to have some negative affects in the future, but I'm willing to risk it versus the known risks of the diseases they protect against. Cancer is unfortunately caused by many, many things that you can't avoid; DNA mutation is just an inevitabililty and there's a huge amount of luck as to whether it progresses to anything or not. The evidence against vaccines is less than the evidence against sausages when it comes to cancer I'd say.

I think sometimes it feels 'safer' NOT to do something than to do it, as it feels like less of an active decision IYKWIM? Like it's out of your hands and not a choice you made...and I can understand that, but for me I have to weigh it up in my head and do what is right (IMO) for my son, as I couldn't live with myself otherwise. That's just the way I feel about it, but again, each to their own. :flower:

Well said Lil Pixie (and in many less words than me :winkwink:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->