Dental Work Should I or Just Wait???

Milty

Reaction score
I need some advice...

I went in for my cleaning today and found out I have 1 cavity and one tooth that is cracked and needs a crown. The Dentist is concerned my cracked tooth could break so he would like to do it as soon as I can. He said he was not overlly concerned just concerned.

I really would like to get these fixed as I have good insurance now and my not if I conceive and quit working. Once I'm PG I won't have anything worked on no matter what.

Only I don't want to put anything new or foreign in my mouth if it could affect TTC. Since I'm older now and my son is almost 8 I really don't want to wait and I'm TTC ASAP.

What do you guys think will getting work done hurt my chances?

get it done...if you are not pregnant tell them you are on a time schedule and need to get it done ASAP...babies take 10% of our skeleton when we carry them and this effects our mouth in some way. There is an old wives tale that says for every baby born a mother loses a tooth...so get in there and get it done and then you won't have to worry about it later...especially if nursing...so the wait will be longer...just go in for an extra cleaning and maybe request some prescription fluoride gel to use to keep your mouth in good shape!

Thanks guys I appreciate it.

I can get scheduled this week but I have to wait 3 weeks for the crown to come in. Should I lay off this cycle or just go on as normal?

Thanks guys I appreciate it.

I can get scheduled this week but I have to wait 3 weeks for the crown to come in. Should I lay off this cycle or just go on as normal?

I just went through this...I needed a crown but she just filled and shaped my tooth with the white composite filling until I am able to get a crown...maybe they can do that for you!

Hi Hun,def get the work done now,u dont want to go thru the pain of a cavity and a a pregnancy at the same time ,once u have the preparation done and a temporary filling it shud just be the case of sticking the crown in place wen it arrives,good luck,xxxxxxx

I'm with the others on here about getting it done asap. Part of preparing for pregnancy involves dental health, as there are bacteria in the mouth that can enter the bloodstream and cross the placenta, so it's important that your oral health is as good as possible. https://www.redmondmolloy.ie/blog/b...imple-Dental-treatment-cuts-risk-in-pregnancy I've been thinking about this lots lately as I have some work to get done, I'm a coward when it comes to dentists (and dental work costs a fortune here) and I'm planning to start ttc in a few months.

Also agree with the other ladies about loss of calcium in supporting a pregnancy. There are all sorts of ways in which pregnancy puts stress on your bones/teeth so definitely worth getting it done asap.

Ok, I have had 3 root canals in the last 4 months and two of them was while I was pregnant and it was not pleasant. I did end up having a MC. Please have all your dental work done before getting pregnant...

I would get it done now; if you have any questions, wait for Grumblebea to come on; she's a dental assistant.

Thanks guys I really appreciate it. I've only had one other cavity my whole life so I feel like I know next to nothing about what I should do.

I'm getting the cavity and prep work for the crown done next Tuesday. Unless I chicken out!

Would you guys quit TTC for this month? Or just NTNP? Or keep trying and see what happens?

Paranoid, no. Just concerned. I will say, I don't think that there is a lot of difference in NTNP and TTC at this point for you, unless you are going to avoid your fertile time.

Have you voiced your concerns to your dentist? He's not going to advocate doing anything that could cause you or your future LO any issues. But, with that said, there are a lot of reasons besides oral health, as to why you should take care of your teeth; oral issues are directly related to heart disease. You really should get this taken care of.

BTW, I am terrified of the dentist. I have to use one that specializes in wuss patients, lol. Don't use TTC as an excuse not to get it fixed; it has to be done. :hugs:

You are right of course.

I had not spoke to my dentist about my concerns because I know him on a personal level. I have not told anyone I'm TTC. However, I did have another dentist tell me it was all right and have of course googled it.

So the TTC excuse will be left behind and I will get it fixed next week.

I am a bit disappointed in my self though. Who gets cavities at my age!

You are right of course.

I had not spoke to my dentist about my concerns because I know him on a personal level. I have not told anyone I'm TTC. However, I did have another dentist tell me it was all right and have of course googled it.

Me:dohh: I just had one filled a few months ago..no fun

You are right of course.

Me :) And I've had enough of mine :( My dentist has played with it 3 times and I am still having pain so trying to get an appointment to just had the tooth removed as I've had enough :growlmad:

And according to the toothpaste adverts more and more people are getting dental issues as their healthy diets are destroying their tooth enamel and leaving the tooth vunerable to decay :shrug:

Wooly- I knew we were supposed to live on cake and crisps! Lol

Well my diet has been awful till lately and I have less fillings and cavities than friends and family who live on healthy diets so crisps, soda and chocolate it is for me :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->