Dental work while preg?

orangedaisy

Reaction score
I think I have a fractured tooth, and plan to call the dentist tomorrow. But I'm not sure what they can really do right now. In the past they won't do an x-ray if I was pregnant. This tooth has been bothering me for a few years and has gotten worse. A friend that is a dental hygienist thinks it's fractured based on my description of it, and the fact that it's hard to diagnose but will progressively get worse if not treated. She says if that's the case, then they would probably do a crown, or worst case scenario, a root canal.
Anyone had any procedures like this done while pregnant?

I am a dental assistant.. I think that they would skip the x-rays unless ok'ed by your dr.... Same as the dental treatment goes because of anesthetic... You will probably have to get an ok from your dr before you have work done. I'd say call your Dr. and let them know your situation and see what they tell you.

I have a cracked tooth, was meant to get it out when I was about 7 weeks but the oral surgeon refused until I had a letter from my OB and was passed 12 weeks. Thankfully almost there now! I feel your pain!:hugs:

I had an x ray while preg with my son at seven weeks because of a tooth problem. it was okd by my doctor. Anyway, they put a temp on the tooth and I went back and had a root canal and crown in my second trimester. no problems with either appointment.

I had a dental xray done in the early weeks of my pregnancy, before I knew, my doctor confirmed that I'd been wearing the iron blanket and then didn't seem worried at all, but she did tell me not to have any more dental work done unless ok'd by her :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->