depo??

dreaming-pink

3 stunning sons
Reaction score
hi i had my first ever depo shot in november and due my next 9th feb! im going to be trying for a girl in april..will i be fertile or will i have to wait a while? any advise will be appreciated x x x

i had 2 depo shots last one was may 2007, then started ttc, didn't fall pg till august 2008, so it took a while for me to become fertile again, but with all things like this the time varys from person to person, i guess the hormones leave some people quicker than others, but depo completely messed my cycles up didn't get a period till about 8 months after, hope its alot quicker for you hun xxxx

hi i was on the depo for a couple of years it took me a year to get preg , they do say it could be in your systom for up to 2 years but everyone is different hope this helps xxx and good luck x

good luck hun, hope your wait is alot shorter than mine xxxx

After Depo it takes up to 6 months to be fertile again. I was on it in April.

Synthetic hormones take atleast 6 months to leave the system, and it may take upto a couple of years for your cycles to become normal. Were they regular before? if not, then they will be irregular anyway. They should return to how they were before being on it, but some do experience irregular periods.

I would defo use alternative contraceptive instead until you want to TTC. They say it can take 12-18 months to concieve again.

Good luck!

I would advise against getting your next shot in February. After three shots it took me almost 1 year to get a period again. Use something else after Feb for contraception. Best to talk to your GP/health practitioner and get some advice on this. Did they discuss the long term effects with you when you got your shot? Did you mention you would be trying to conceive soon?

I also heard up to two years for things to get back to normal, and sometimes to conceive. I wouldn't get the Feb shot if I were in your position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->