depression and anxiey and pregnant?

topsy

Reaction score
Anyone experienced this??

I have suffered with severe depression on and off for years, been on and off tablets and I have had counselling, CBT, EMDR treatment. I quit my job of 9 years last Nov and honestly was the best thing I ever did, It took me several months but i bounced back. I came off tablets in Jan.

I got another job, part time, that I really love. Got married :) and am now 14 weeks pregnant. For the last 6 weeks I have been suffering with hyperemesis, was taken into hospital and i am now on tablets which have slowed it down a little.

I haven't really been out for 6 weeks, apart from Drs and hospital and maybe 5 times to my parents ( 10 mins drive down the road)and to see my aunt. my nan had a fall yesterday and had to go into the hospital. Due to the tablets I am on I haven't been driving as they make me feel really sleepy, my mum doesn't drive, dads away fro a week so yesterday we waited till DH came home from work to take us up to see her. In the car all the way there I hated it, hated being out, obviously wanted to see her, and did. But it Took every ounce not to have a panic attack and scream i wanted to go home, the whole time.

I just don't know whats going on. I am soooo happy to be pregnant, ok i hate the hyperemesis and feel incredibly guilty for being off work. But i thought I was happy and ok? I really want this to be hormones as I have put my DH and my family through enough. :cry:

xxxx xxxx

Thanks for replying hun. No, I haven't really spoken to him, but he knew I was struggling in the car on the way home cause I was shaking, and he kept rubbing my leg, and saying, its ok not long till we are back, so he knew, he has been soooooo supportive ( I have had bouts of depression before), but he has so much going on with his job, ( i had a threatened miscarriage and was in hospital, he had a couple of days off for that and with the hyperemesis I was in hospital and he had a day off, and an afternoon when i needed to go to the Dr he took me, and they basically turned round to hi and told him he cant have anymore time off work. he told them i was more important and he couldn't guarantee that, but i don't want to put him in that position) also a family member in hospital, we are also trying to look after my mum at the mo while my dad is away. This is not the time for me to wobble too!!!

We have the long weekend together so I will speak to him then. Also have midwife in just over a week, will mention it to her too maybe and see what she says.

xxxx

I had panic attacks for 3-5 days of every week while I was pregnant from month 5 til delivery. I had always felt "off" since long before that while pregnant but didn't know it was anxiety, so I took a lot of time off work. I felt bad and i'm sure people thought I was milking the pregnancy for all its worth, because I didn't work more than 4 days of the week for my entire pregnancy.

I had to take leave 3 months early because the attacks got so bad that it was completely unsafe for me to drive. They were triggered within 10 minutes out of the house and I'd have a panic attack severe enough that my hands and feet would cramp up and I couldn't move/feel them, and I'd feel like I'm going to black out, can't breathe, nausea, tingling, depersonalization, all the fun stuff. :(

Unfortunately I wasn't diagnosed as more than hormonally affected so I wasn't referred to CBT classes. They may have helped; I wouldn't know. You should speak to your OB and see what can help you.

I have nothing to help you but just to say you're not alone. I was desperate enough to get into crystal healing if you want to try it. For nausea and anxiety, sodalite helps. Rose quartz help with self love and calmness. There are a few others but those were my favorites. I'd hold the sodalite over my throat and rose quartz over the heart. Placebo or whatever, but it helped lessen the feeling 75% of the time.

Hi Hun! I have suffered depression on and off for the last 7 years and have recentl had to quit my job over it. And now i find myself sitting in home all da with nothing to do I am getting more and more anxious about going out. My depression has only kicked up again though recently and I am hoping it not cast long. However last year for the firs time in about 1 year I had a huge breakdown. While I was 12 weeks pregnant. I ended up going into hospital as I didn't get help soon enough for it so lease try go see your GP and see if they can help you anymore. When i left hospital I started counselling and even though i didn't really have anything to tel them it was still nice to winge at someone about all the problems that come with being pregnant that your OH isn't really interested in lol. I no I haven't really offered any advice but just want you to no your not on your own. When i was about8 months pregnant I was suddenly back to normal again so i do think a lot of mine was kicked off by the huge change in hormones. Hope you feel better soon Hun xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->