Depression and pregnancy

C

caramelKSSxx

Hoping someone can at least try to save me from myself

Before pregnancy, I kinda had a on and off relationship with depression/anxiety for a few yrs now. It's never been so bad where I actually needed medicine or anything, just where I'd feel really sad and like I was always gonna be trapped inside of misery. But I learned how to handle it.

Now, it's like it's taking over me. I'm sure it's probs cause of all the hormones and such. But idk what to do :( I feel like walls are closing in on me but the only thing keeping me from doing anything severe is knowing that this isn't only my life for the next 8 months, it's mine and LO's. I always get this feeling of worthlessness. I feel this never-ending guilt that I'm ruining my OH's life (he's never said this, I just know how hard things will be for us and how he's going to have to basically change his whole lifestyle) which makes me feel like shit. I'm terrified that he'd leave me and I'll be alone. I'm scared that I'm gonna be shunned from everyone pretty much, being the girl who got pregnant senior yr in HS.

Hjfhhgrxj,sgdggrsggdlihr I'm a nervous wreck and idk what to do to stop it !!

Sorry for another rant, Im out of ideas on what to do though. :wacko:

ahh talk to me if u like, i kinda feel the same and i have a history of depression.
just PM me ur msn or whatever u want to talk on xxxxxxx

Heyy, i've had depression for about 4 years and since getting pregnant i've felt so much worse. I talked to my doctor and i'm getting help with it properly, I know I need to get better for my baby.
I hope you feel better soon and message me if you ever need to talk x

I kinda feel the same...i talked to my mom and she's helped alot. I was so scared everyone would of shunned me cause I was a girl whose pregnant in her senior year of HS but I have found that people aren't as jugdemental as I thought they would be. Talking helps alot and my OH has helped me and does things I like to make me happier. Everything will be ok.

I had it before i was pregnant, I literally got to the point where i hated myself. I'd just sit at home and cry constantly, and do stupid things to make me hate myself even more. I always felt like i wasnt good enough. Ive had it for a couple years now, and it only really eased up after i was about 10 weeks pregnant. The only thing that helped me was my baby. Maybe you could go talk to someone? or your OH? i know when the days where i got really bad it helped me to write it all down and throw it away. (may sound stupid, but it helped get it all out there lol). Things DO get better, no matter how bad things are at the moment.

xxx

Heyy, i've had depression for about 4 years and since getting pregnant i've felt so much worse. I talked to my doctor and i'm getting help with it properly, I know I need to get better for my baby.

What kinda help, if you don't mind me asking? I've gone to a therapist before but I've always been afraid of saying I feel depressed. I don't wanna be put on any kinda medication or anything, everyone I know who's been put on meds has gotten only worse from it :/

I had it before i was pregnant, I literally got to the point where i hated myself. I'd just sit at home and cry constantly, and do stupid things to make me hate myself even more. I always felt like i wasnt good enough. Ive had it for a couple years now, and it only really eased up after i was about 10 weeks pregnant. The only thing that helped me was my baby. Maybe you could go talk to someone? or your OH? i know when the days where i got really bad it helped me to write it all down and throw it away. (may sound stupid, but it helped get it all out there lol). Things DO get better, no matter how bad things are at the moment.

xxx

Sounds pretty much like me :| I write too, I keep a journal, but lately I've been scared to write in it cause sometimes when I write so much comes out that I feel even worse after. Maybe throwing it away would be better, since I wouldn't be able to see it ever again so won't have to think about it. I'll have to try that. Thanks a bunch, I do hope you're right ! :)

What kinda help, if you don't mind me asking? I've gone to a therapist before but I've always been afraid of saying I feel depressed. I don't wanna be put on any kinda medication or anything, everyone I know who's been put on meds has gotten only worse from it :/
I was offered medication but when I said i'd prefer not to take it they looked at other options and now I have a support worker who I talk to at least once a week and i'm starting counselling next week. I don't like talking to people about it but I realised things aren't going to change if I don't.

I was offered medication but when I said i'd prefer not to take it they looked at other options and now I have a support worker who I talk to at least once a week and i'm starting counselling next week. I don't like talking to people about it but I realised things aren't going to change if I don't.

That's how I am. I'm almost afraid to talk to anyone cause I feel like they won't really care. I may just have to try though, for baby's sake. Good luck with everything though hun, and thanks :) you're welcome to message me and talk if you'd ever like as well

Hi hun, speak to your Doctor about getting a referral to speak with someone as the Doctor won't prescribe you any medication anyway since you'll have to come off it in 3rd tri and meds take 1month to get in your system and start working and with anti depressants the course is normally 6 months, they do help if they are the right ones for you but they take 6+ months for you to actually get 'better' HTH :flower:

you can talk to your MW mine offered services to me but tbh she went off my "medical history" my life changed when i met DH just over a year ago.
she pushed it but im just not depressed any more.. so try talking to her at your next appointment xxx

Firstly, :hugs:
Depression is such a hard thing to deal with. My boyfriend and I both deal with it. He does counseling and meds and I just do meds. We both used to self harm and even now I still have days where I just absolutely cannot drag myself out of bed.
If its something that is affecting your life I really urge you to talk to someone. For your sake and your LO's. Can you talk to your mom? Definitely talk to your doctor. If you don't want to be on meds you can still speak with a counselor. My boyfriend's counselor is so great for him. It isn't like a therapist type thing where he sits in a room and has to spill his life problems. Its more like a friendship. He can call or even text his counselor whenever he feels down. Its very casual. My boyfriend says it helps a ton because he knows all the right questions to ask and the right things to say that just helps.
There is nothing to be ashamed of if you're depressed. It isn't your fault. It isn't something that you caused and it is a real illness. There's a ton of people who don't understand but there's many who do and can help you. Sometimes its nice just to let your feelings out.
Everyone is worth something and to your LO you are everything. To that little life growing inside you, you are the most important thing in the world. I hope you feel better soon. Best wishes and lots of hugs.

god i've got so depressed over the last few days :'(

Ive suffered from depression and anxiety for 2 years now, it wasnt so bad last year but it's been really bad this month. Im worried when I'm pregnant i'll get worse or suffer PND afterwards. Not pregnant yet but trying soon lol, thought i'd just ask if any of you found it reaaaallyy hard? I refuse to take anti-depressants because it might stop me from getting jobs in the future, and I darent speak to my mum because I think it'd only make her feel bad, and I dont wanna bring anyone down with me!

Ive been to the docs twice and they both werent very helpful, they blamed it on "moodiness of being a teen" which I was quite offended with, so I feel like I cant go back to the docs because they think im being stupid "/ When I know fully well Im not!

My mum suspected I was bipolar when I first starting having depression, but I got over it for a few months and she thinks its all over, when I know it's not. Eurgh, will I be a bad mum? :( I dont want to be depressed when I have my baby, I know my OH wont leave, he's extremely supportive with my depression and he wants a baby too, but I'm scared i'll make a bad mum!

Ive suffered from depression and anxiety for 2 years now, it wasnt so bad last year but it's been really bad this month. Im worried when I'm pregnant i'll get worse or suffer PND afterwards. Not pregnant yet but trying soon lol, thought i'd just ask if any of you found it reaaaallyy hard? I refuse to take anti-depressants because it might stop me from getting jobs in the future, and I darent speak to my mum because I think it'd only make her feel bad, and I dont wanna bring anyone down with me!

Ive been to the docs twice and they both werent very helpful, they blamed it on "moodiness of being a teen" which I was quite offended with, so I feel like I cant go back to the docs because they think im being stupid "/ When I know fully well Im not!

My mum suspected I was bipolar when I first starting having depression, but I got over it for a few months and she thinks its all over, when I know it's not. Eurgh, will I be a bad mum? :( I dont want to be depressed when I have my baby, I know my OH wont leave, he's extremely supportive with my depression and he wants a baby too, but I'm scared i'll make a bad mum!

:hugs: I completely understand where you're coming from Hun. I'm terrified that I'm gonna go mad after baby is born as well. I don't want to take anti depressants just because of how I've seen it effect other people, I wanna fight it naturally because I feel like I can escape, I just don't know how to.

Moodniess of being a teen? :growlmad: I hate that some people dont take depression seriously. And a doctor of all people! The nerve! My mom thought I was bipolar too actually. But I haven't had the major mood switches/angry fits anymore since sometime around November and she thinks the whole depression thing is gone too. It's hard to explain that it's always there, even when I can't see myself.

I'm sure you won't be a bad mommy. You have the support of your OH and he understands your situation. That, mixed with the love you'll be getting from your LO, should absolutely be enough to bring you up. I'm hoping it will be for me, too. If you ever need anything don't feel afraid to PM me. Sometimes we all need to just talk something out. :flower:

Firstly, :hugs:
Depression is such a hard thing to deal with. My boyfriend and I both deal with it. He does counseling and meds and I just do meds. We both used to self harm and even now I still have days where I just absolutely cannot drag myself out of bed.
If its something that is affecting your life I really urge you to talk to someone. For your sake and your LO's. Can you talk to your mom? Definitely talk to your doctor. If you don't want to be on meds you can still speak with a counselor. My boyfriend's counselor is so great for him. It isn't like a therapist type thing where he sits in a room and has to spill his life problems. Its more like a friendship. He can call or even text his counselor whenever he feels down. Its very casual. My boyfriend says it helps a ton because he knows all the right questions to ask and the right things to say that just helps.
There is nothing to be ashamed of if you're depressed. It isn't your fault. It isn't something that you caused and it is a real illness. There's a ton of people who don't understand but there's many who do and can help you. Sometimes its nice just to let your feelings out.
Everyone is worth something and to your LO you are everything. To that little life growing inside you, you are the most important thing in the world. I hope you feel better soon. Best wishes and lots of hugs.

That sounds really nice, the way you said your bf and his counselor's relationship is so casual. I think that'd be a lot nicer than what I'm used to, going into a little office and being stared at until I start feeling comfortable enough to talk...

Thank you so much for those words. You dont know how much that made me realize and how warm of a feeling it is to think of everything with that in mind. Blessings to you and your family, I hope you also feel better soon and win the uphill battle people like us are constantly fighting. :flower:

I felt pretty depressed when I was pregnant, just numb, I got so use to it, It felt weird when Quin was born and I was happy lol
for me life got better when Quin was born, now I don't have time to be depressed :haha:

I felt pretty depressed when I was pregnant, just numb, I got so use to it, It felt weird when Quin was born and I was happy lol
for me life got better when Quin was born, now I don't have time to be depressed :haha:

Lol awww, well that's wonderful :) I'm hoping to have the same outcome. Your baby boy is sooo beautiful!

Lol awww, well that's wonderful :) I'm hoping to have the same outcome. Your baby boy is sooo beautiful!

thank you very much:cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"