depression before pregnancy now possibly returning

kerryinsussex

mummy of 2
Reaction score
hi everyone,

before i found out i was pregnant this time i was diagnosed with depression which i was given anti depressents for (sertaline).
i was taking them for around two weeks after i conceived this baby and told my doctor when i attended a rountine follow up about the depression that i was pregnant. he told me to stop taking them from that day which i did.

but now i feel like the depression has returned. i cant b bothered with anything, wanna cry all time which is partly down to hormones i know, keep rowing with bf all the time too.

i just feel like ive had enough of everything :cry:

i called and spoke to a doctor last week but she said i have to get on with things and wouldnt give me any tablets. just dont know what to do anymore. i really want this baby but i feel like bf doesnt.

anyways thanks for listening

:hugs: hun. How long have you been of the medication and did you just stop taking it?

This might be the reason you are feeling depresed again as AD's are meant to be reduced gradually.

Your GP doesn't sound very supportive. Could you see another doctor. They may be able to recommend an AD you can take during pregnancy or help by referring you for CBT.

Good luck.

he just said i shouldnt take sertaline while pregnant and not to take them. i have spoken to another doctor and she said i shouldnt take anything in early pregnancy and that i had to go at least 2 weeks before they would consider what else to do. this is the 2nd week now so i'll give them a call again 2mrw.

id been on it about a month and a half when i stopped taking it.
thank u for reply

You might not be able to take that certain tablet but there are others that are safe to use during pregnancy. I took anti depressents all through my pregnancy. I'd say it's a mixture of the depression and hormones not helping.

Have you asked them about supplements you could possibly take? I know in the US, if you're that depressed they would give you Zoloft or possibly some other medication, but maybe you could find a pregnancy safe supplement.

Have you asked them about supplements you could possibly take? I know in the US, if you're that depressed they would give you Zoloft or possibly some other medication, but maybe you could find a pregnancy safe supplement.

no i havent asked but i am thinking of calling the docs again and trying to get them to give me something. feel like the depression is definately back now, i'm not sleeping, not eating, hardly any or no patience at all with anything, crying. the other night i was in tears and my daughter was sitting next to me. bless her she put her arm out to give me a cuddle :cry:

today has been better than last few days but i still feel crap

I did a little homework and Sertraline is Zoloft. Zoloft, here in the US, is safe to treat depression and anxiety during pregnancy. I have friends who are pregnant and on it. My best friend took it during her pregnancy and her son is beautiful and healthy! I think you need to go see someone else, because they need to help you rather than tell you to suck it up. I get that it's their protocol, but you need help and you're asking for help and they're not helping you at all. Maybe another doctor can. I know counseling is an option, but you might need more than what counseling can give you. (I can't stand lazy doctors!) You're pregnant and you being miserable during your pregnancy isn't good for you or your baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->