Designer baby clothes your views

Becky123

Mum to Owen Rhys
Reaction score
Theres a girl on my facebook who is always bragging about which designer clothes she has got for her son.
I looked at some of the price of them and seriously why would you spend all that money just cuz it has a name on it. and the rate babys grow out of clothes why waste the money, why not buy them cheaper outfits and spend what you save on your child

If I had the money I'd rather save it for his future. Next clothing does fine for us!

Waste of money, IMO. If they were magic clothes that didn't get stained with poo/pee/vomit, then maybe I'd consider spending more money on them... I consider it a good day atm if Lily can wear the same outfit from morning til evening.

crazy! but then i think the same about designer adult clothing but for a baby to grow out of it in a few months or it be stained by food is ridiculous.

I'd rather have a blanket or something I'd use more if I was to spend lots, my LO has mainly sainsburys and tesco clothes,which are absolutely gorgeous I might add!
Each to their own of course and if you can afford it, why not?
Bur bragging about it on FB is just shameless 'look at me' behaviour, my pet hate is boasting status updates!

we buy them and always have for lo if people buy next and i like them i put them on him but if i dont i just take them bak the only high street lothes i buy is all saints i thin k there a bit more expensive than next for kids

i dont see the probelm of you an afford itx

i'm not into flashy stuff really:shrug: i couldn't care less as long as my lo looks cute:haha: tbh she would look simply cute in a bag:haha: some people have more money than sense it really is a waste of money:dohh: but then i guess if they have it to burn then i suppose you gotta spend it some how:haha: i would just buy even more of the clothes that i do now:haha::haha: and i don't have any money!!:haha: next, tesco, mothercare i'm not fancy :winkwink: x

I have a load of stuff we stocked up on in NY but otherwise I doubt I would bother. DH loves designer and I'm a next gal, I don't think the quality is ever worth spending the extra dosh for a label.

Evan has some clothes from Ted Baker and Jasper conran, some he's hardly worn and others he's worn to death. I usually get them if I see nice stuff in the sales in Debenhams. But other than that he wears supermarket stuff, mostly ASDA and Sainsburys cos I love their clothes :)

I couldn't care less how much the clothes are that people decide to put their lo's in, but the bragging is seriously pathetic.

I buy what I like. Fin has a few designer bits but I can hand on heart say I'd have bought those same bits if they were in Primark. We get Fin's clothes everywhere. Mostly H&M, Next, Pumpkin Patch & Mothercare but also get them in Supermarkets, Matalan, Primark as well as some Designers @ Debenhams etc.

I would never rule out Designer clothes, same as I'd never rule out cheaper clothes. I like what I like lol.

I'd never judge anyone that only bought Designer... but if they are constantly "name dropping" re the labels I'd think it was a bit silly. Same as I'd never judge anyone who only bought cheaper clothes... but I might think they were a bit silly if they only bought something because it was cheap and they didn't even like it.

Swings and roundabouts and all :) x

I don't care what other people dress their babies in.

I wouldn't buy any, but I wouldnt judge someone who did :shrug:

what sort of designer clothes are they talking about?? dont see the point in bragging about it, clothes are clothes x

I only really buy Esmees clothes from next, debenhams, mothercare and tesco, i did go asda earlier but ours doesnt have much for baby clothes, werent particularly nice either!

She does have some ted baker, humphreys corner, baby k, and jasper conran stuff, there beautiful, but expensive and only bought in the 70% sale xx

I guess (like adult designer clothes) its more for show. I have nothing against designers, I own some designer clothes and accessories myself and LO has just a few (most of her stuff is from next, h&m, gap and asda though). I don't see anything wrong with designer clothes for babies, they fit well, are comfy and some look unique. Yes they do grow out of them quickly, but if you have the money to spend then why not?

However, I don't see the point in buying them instead of other vital things, that's ridiculous!

i like having one or two, i wouldnt buy all designer, if i could afford it i probably would though?
but its nice for them to have one or two special things i think :)

I must admit I'm a sucker for Mini Boden clothes, which are more expensive than high street BUT I love their unique stuff and I nearly always buy second hand. If I do buy new it has a great resale value so I'm not too worried about it. :shrug:

I'm one of those people that like what they like be that pound land or designer! :thumbup:

I buy what I like-be that mothercare/next/m&s/babygap or baby boden/polarnopyret/brora.
Everyone has a different idea what to spend their money on so I don't really care if people choose to buy expensive or inexpensive clothes - it's none of my business!

My personal opinion is it is a waste of money, as they grow out of things sooo quickly at this age.

If I had all the money in the world, I still think I would love Next. Harrison has the odd thing from Ted Baker, usually when it is in the sale.

Everyone has their own personal choice though and if it makes people feel better to brag about it, leave them to it.

I would much prefer to save for their future than spend the money on expensive clothes that they don't know anything about.

If someone can afford designer clothes then its up to them. Bragging about it is a bit sad though.

I dont think they should be looked down on though for buying designer, the same as people shouldnt be looked down on buying second hand or cheaper stuff.

I agree if you can afford it and like them why not!!! But bragging is cheap!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->