Desperate for answers and hope...

IsabellaJayne

Mum of beautiful girls! WTT Dec 2023
Reaction score
So I went for a scan on weds (I could have been anywhere between 5+1 to 5+4) My HCG levels at the time of the scan were 1817

I had bloods drawn again on Friday and they doubled to 3664

I spoke to the DR today who said despite the doubling she still believes this pregnancy is ectopic as she would expect to see signs of pregnancy on the scan of levels are above 1500

I’m now worried sick. They are scanning me again on weds but said they’re not hopeful

any success stories on anyone’s HCG being over 1500 and the scan showing nothing? Then something a week later?

I feel pregnant and I feel like there’s nothing wrong (no pain aside from the usual tugging that’s expected) and no bleeding

just looking for hope I guess. Though think I’m clutching...

I don’t have a similar story, just wanted to say that I hope things turn out well.

It could just be early. Did they do an abdominal or Transvag scan? Also, I’ve seen plenty of websites that 1500-2000 to see a sac. My personal experience is that I’ve had sacs by 5w2/3d. But I’ve also had so many unnecessary heartbreaks looking at those charts that say at this hcg we expect to see this on the scan. I think it’s all great signs that you are doubling in 48 and you aren’t having any pain or bleeding. So I’m really hoping that the week really does make a difference and you get great news on Wednesday

Thank you. I hope so too!
It was a transvaginal scan. There was nothing. Not even a sac. That happened with DD2, went back 2 weeks later and she was there with a HB.

however, I can’t remember what my HCG levels were with DD2 on my first scan

all my posts from 2015 seem to have been wiped from here

I hope everything turns out well. I've got everything crossed for you ❤️

Yeah it’s hard to find the old posts. But I wouldn’t worry over the numbers. They are just approximations and doubling speed varies so much from person to person and pregnancy to pregnancy. Big hugs and keeping you in my thoughts

I’ve just booked a private scan for tomorrow. Can’t wait until wednesday

Big hugs to you hun! I am so sorry that this is happening! I am sending good luck vibes and I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! I really hope that everything is going to turn out okay and that you see a healthy baby growing on your next scan! XOXO

Will be thinking of you tomorrow. Hope all is ok x

Will be thinking of you tomorrow hon.
I pray everything will be ok.

I've had my fair share of miscarriages but never had HCG levels done so don't really understand it.

Praying this is not ectopic and you have the same outcome as u did with ure daughter.

Good luck tomorrow

Thanks ladies. I will update.

I just feel it would be even more cruel for it to be ectopic with zero pain, bleeding and doubling HCG. What a kick in the teeth that would be

Good luck tomorrow. I'm sure everything will be just fine, as you have zero signs of ectopic pregnancy and a personal history of the same thing happening before and all being fine.
I really hope you get a nice clear picture of a yolk sac tomorrow to put your mind at ease.

Keeping everything crossed for you

Thank you. Scan is in 2 hours and I’m so nervous

We have a viable uterus pregnancy!!
The difference 3 days makes
From nothing - to a gestational sac and a yolk sac!! Too early for the fetal pole but says she can make out the beginning of it and she has no concerns and definitely no concerns of ectopic!!
Phew!! I’m so relieved
I’m measuring to my dates as well, 6+1 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->