Desperately Seeking AF!!

dove830

Reaction score
Hi ladies:) I am desperately awaiting the return of my fertility so we can TTC. I'm wondering when everyone got their periods back, post partum, and while BF???

With my oldest son, it was 39 weeks post partum, which I have now surpassed.....

Desperately seeking AF?You can have mine! :haha:
It came back at 5 months EBF.

With DD, I didn't get my period til a few weeks after I stopped BFing at 11 months old. Good luck TTCing, hopefully you get yours soon :flower:

I'm in the same boat! I'm 12 months PP and weaned my son a couple weeks ago, so hoping that will jumpstart something before too long since I'm eager to start TTC #2.

I stopped breastfeeding when my son was 13 months old and my AF has just returned! exactly a month since I stopped breastfeeding!!

If you track yours down can you ask it where mine is? :haha:

Really want mine back too, want to think about TTC but doesn't feel like it's coming anytime soon.

Dove, I didn't want to wean just for the sake of TTC, either. It's a hard place to be, stuck between wanting to TTC and wanting to continue nursing. :shrug:Unfortunately, some women just won't see AF back before weaning. My breastfeeding goal was 1 year and once I reached it I was ready to be done with it whether I was going to TTC or not. I do have guilty feelings occasionally, though. :cry:My little man has adjusted so well so that helps!

Amazeballs, do you know if you ovulated before AF? I've been taking OPKs periodically just to try to get an idea of what's going on.

With my first it came back at 11mo PP (was still BF)
With my second it came back at 17mo PP (was still BF)

EBF ~ Period returned at 8 weeks PP.. :(

With dd1 it was 12 months and with this one I'm still waiting...

I got one at approx 9 months pp, maybe another before ds was 12m and they returned properly when we weaned at nearly 13m... but they were irregular at the start and had a really short lp for about 6 months.
Xx

AF never came back for me - didn't stop me getting pregnant when DD1 was 11.5 months and I was still feeding at least three times a day:happydance:

Good luck TTC

AF never came back for me - didn't stop me getting pregnant when DD1 was 11.5 months and I was still feeding at least three times a day:happydance:

Good luck TTC

This is exactly what we want to have happen

It was 19 months for me both times. Apparently, a sudden change in nursing frequency can do the trick. Going through the night without a feed, or having a couple of days without nursing can kickstart it.

Got mine back at 4 months pp with ebf baby who still woke through the night for a feed and was a boob monster

You can still get pregnant without the return of period although I understand it can be difficult especially if your actively trying

Yes, we'd have to catch that first egg right before the return of AF, whih is exactly what we are hoping for!

I had EWCM for the first time since TTC our youngest, so I'm very hopeful that I'll be O'ing soon, even though I got a super negative OPK today...

About 8.5 months. He was still practically EBF but had started sleeping longer stretches 2 weeks prior, so that's clearly what triggered it. That cycle was 3 months long, and after that they got regular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->