Devastated that I'll lose my baby for Christmas

i'm so sorry you are going though this, i know how hard this is i have recently lost my baby girl to trisomy 13,
We found out at 20 weeks that my baby girl was not going too make it, things was different for me as i was pregnant with twins but i carried on and my baby girl lasted till 27+5 weeks before my waters went and my babies was born, the only advise i can give you is i won't have missed meeting my beautiful baby girl for anything, if i can offer you any help or advise about the disorder please feel free to PM me any help i can give i will be more then happy xx

I am so sorry you have to got through this.m:hugs::hugs:

I could never give you advice on what to do, it has to be you to decide. I didn't have to decide as Ava already had died and stayed with me for 3 days till she was born. Only you know what is best for you, if the baby does survive it can die within and hour, a day ,a week, do you know? ask every question. I would do whatever you feel in your heart is right, ask questions what will be the outcome of the 2 choices you face and make sure you fully understand them. I am so sorry, i am sitting here in tears, I just want to hug you and make it go away and make everything ok :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: Go to a quiet place after you have all the info and sit and think and you make your choice, it will come to you. Whatever you decide you have everyone's full support.
XOXOOXXXO:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Just checkin' back in and seeing how your doing..... :hugs:

I am so, so sorry. I cant give you advise, but please know we are thinking of you and praying for you and your family. Again, I am so, so sorry.

I am so sorry about what you are having to go through. The thought of what you are having to deal with just makes me so sad.

We got the 'early' call from the hospital after our scan and blood tests, and were told we had a high risk of Downs. After undergoing testing we were given the all clear, but unfortunately Samuel fell asleep at 15/16 weeks. I delivered him in hospital.

The stress of going through all the tests was unbearable, so to hear the result as you did must be much much worse.

My thoughts are with you all.

Take care

love and hugs :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I am sorry you are going through this and are faced with such a decesion.when i was faced with such a decision, i prayed that no parents should ever have to experience this. How do you make a decision on somebody elses life , especially that its a life of a liitle child, and most importantly it is your own.

I dont want to lead you to any specific decision, but from my experience i would say that its better to let things happen the way they needto happen. Its been 4 months for me, but i regret having to make decision. Unfortunatly from ths point forward it will not be a life without a regret, but you have to see if you can try to make it less emotinally painfull. It would of been so nice if there was some kind of memory of her left, somethingto hold on to

Massive hugs to you, please take care!

that is EXACTLY how i feel!!! how can i end a life that's not mine? how can i be the one to "pull the trigger" on someone else's life?

on the other hand... what if letting nature take over puts me in danger? there are so many questions i have. i wish i could just know...

thank you for your kind words.

If that is how you feel then please please don't let anyone push you into anythng. This life is hard enough without having anymore regrets than you have to.

I am really sorry that the CVS confirmed what you were expecting. I can't imagine how hard it is going through what you are - I consider myself lucky that Isabella had died at my scan and I wasn't faced with this choice :hugs:

I know it will be hard telling the children. The hardest thing I had to do was come home and break their hearts. I won't lie - it was awful. They screamed and sobbed.

On the other side though kids bounce back quickly and Isabella being in heaven seems normal to them now - it doesn't make them sad anymore (except for the eldest who is autistic and struggles more with feelings)

i'm so sorry you are going though this, i know how hard this is i have recently lost my baby girl to trisomy 13,
We found out at 20 weeks that my baby girl was not going too make it, things was different for me as i was pregnant with twins but i carried on and my baby girl lasted till 27+5 weeks before my waters went and my babies was born, the only advise i can give you is i won't have missed meeting my beautiful baby girl for anything, if i can offer you any help or advise about the disorder please feel free to PM me any help i can give i will be more then happy xx

This ^ Personally I think there is something very healing about being able to make as many memories as you can with your baby. This has to be totally your choice though as what is right for one is wrong for another.

xx

This ^ Personally I think there is something very healing about being able to make as many memories as you can with your baby. This has to be totally your choice though as what is right for one is wrong for another.

xx

I agree. Like I said I chose to give birth to Ava, I didn't do it in the right way I know, but it was still my choice. My Sister IN Law chose the D&E and that was her choice and I respect that.
Whatever you decide it is your choice and don't let anyone influence thta. do what is right for you.
XOXOXO Thinking Of You :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I'm having a pretty bad morning today. I had nightmares all night last night and woke up angry, confused and emotional. We got more information yesterday and I guess there is more fluid in the baby's brain than there is brain matter. We think it has stopped developing. Since they had to do genetic testing, they told us they know the gender, and asked if we want to know. We think we do, I feel it might be easier to grieve a baby with a name than just an annoymous baby. I think it will help make him or her ours.

I know exactly what you are going through. We got the news that Amnio came back with our Son and he has trisomy 18. We saw scan of his brain and it was not developing. We have decided to do a D&E this Friday. I in my case do not want to MC naturally. This is our Third loss. I did MC naturally with my first two and it was in the first trimester. I hope that you make the decision to do what is best for you and your family...Best Wishes...

thank you garnet. I am so sorry to hear about your son. take care of yourself. maybe we can help each other through this?

duckytwins and Garnet

passing by here to say how truly sorry I am for you both going through this.

may you both be given the strength to deal with this in whatever way you each choose to.

garnet you have been an inspiration on the 35+ board.we are here to support you through this.

sending you :hugs: and prayers for you and your respective families.

I am so sorry to both of you that you need to go through this

Ducky, finding out the sex and naming your baby is a lovely thing to do. It will give him or her an identity. I named Evelyn before she was born when I found out she had passed away. It just seemed like the right thing to do.

Loads of hugs to you both :hugs:

Just checking in to see how you are, Ducky. Thinking of you :hugs:

I'm having a pretty bad morning today. I had nightmares all night last night and woke up angry, confused and emotional. We got more information yesterday and I guess there is more fluid in the baby's brain than there is brain matter. We think it has stopped developing. Since they had to do genetic testing, they told us they know the gender, and asked if we want to know. We think we do, I feel it might be easier to grieve a baby with a name than just an annoymous baby. I think it will help make him or her ours.

I am so deeply sorry :cry::cry::cry: It is killing me inside to read your posts, I know exactly what you are going through . I hope you come to the best choice for yourself. I am praying for you and sending positive thoughts for strength. XOXOXOX:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thank you girls. today is a little better. My mom invited me over to help her with a Polish dish she makes every year on Christmas. She has her Christmas dinner the weekend before Christmas every year. So we spent the morning together. My dad had a half day of work and they are taking me out for lunch then home. My dr should be calling today and that will be hard. But at least that means this can finally start and the healing process can begin. Right now I just feel stuck waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->