development worries

bigbelly2

mommy of 2!
Reaction score
hey ladies,

im a little bit concerned re tommys development hes now 23 + 1 but adjusted age is 18 + 1, he is very active, laughing giggling and interacting with us but has no want to do anything more it seems, when hes half sitting up on the sofa he pulls himself up a bit and then wobbles over to the side falling over most of the time, sometimes he seems to have his balance and is able to sit up a little bit with pillows around him. He HATEs being put on his tummy so he doesnt push himself up on his hands as in to look around at things, he pulls up slightly but then gets mad and just lies face in the play mat.

he doesnt lie down on his back and play with feet he seems very serious and just prefers to sit on the sofa, watch and learn, am i worrying over nothing or should i speak to my hv do you think, i suppose coz he was premature baby he may be behind a bit but im worried....

h x

Dont worry hun some babies are just way too relaxed to do things lol max never ,liked going on his tummy and when he dose he lifts himself a lil bit then lays flat and gets upset ..
as for sitting up they wont be able to alone till there at least 7 months + its quite normal to be flopping everywhere :)

For some strange reason I thought you were talking about a 23 month old!!!! lol I was thinking OMG she needs to get that baby seen. !!! I wouldnt worry about him at all, Dec didnt sit by himself until 7.2 months up until then he would flop over if I left him. All babies are different my nephew didnt sit by himself until 10 months, all he could do up until 10 months was lay on the floor looking at the roof he couldnt even roll and now he is 17 months he is running, talking and learning something new every day. Dont worry hun he is still young xx

I wouldn't be worried. He sounds like he is fine for his age! My boy is a little older and can't to much more. he does however like his tummy time now that he can roll over easily and get to things.

Grace does that too, she can pull herself to sit up but she just falls over and she hates being on her tummy and spends half the time with her face in the floor. And she has only just started rolling over. Some babies just develop quicker than others I suppose :hugs:

thanks forthe reassurance ladies iwas gettin really worried i put him on a pillow at a slight angle a min ago and he did pull himself up after all this lol but only for 5 second then head dived into it and cried lol

h x

I wouldnt be worried hunni all babies are so different. he sounds like hes doing fine to me x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->