Developmental disorders/learning disabilities/genetic syndromes & more support group

What's a finger stick? x

They were testing her hemoglobin. It's where they poke their little finger with a needle to get a couple drops of blood. :haha: I have no clue what the proper name for it is. What is it called where you are?

First Steps Coordinator, a speech therapist and a physical therapist will be here tomorrow at 1130am to meet with us and explain what therapies we will be doing for the next 6 months :happydance:

How's T doing with the separation anxiety? Any better?

Hayley kept me up almost all night last night. She's not self settling at all and her gums are a mess from her canine teeth coming in. Really hope tonight is better.

Poor Hayley :( :hugs: how did the appointment go?

Oh, I guess we just call it a finger prick or something :haha:

T is ok, not sure how the anxiety is as I've not had to leave him. We were out before Sean went to work (family birthday meal) so he didn't notice. He did pout a bit when Sean dropped into the restaurant and left a few minutes later but he loves my family so forgot about it pretty quickly.

Pretty sure he tried to say Percy today. He was showing me his train and I said 'his name is Percy. Can you say Percy' and he made a noise I've never heard before.

:happydance: Go T, go! That's awesome. Aww bless him I like Percy the best ;) I've only watched the show with Hayley a couple times but she LOVES the song. Ha! You should hear a redneck trying to put on that accent :rofl: The way he acts when his dad leaves sounds very normal. He just loves and misses his dad, how sweet.

Still have 1 hr 45 min till "The meeting" :haha: I'm nervous. They tell how far behind DD is today and I'm trying to work out how to keep my reaction under control. I cry at everything. Ugh, it's sooo embarrassing!

You've had the worst news, you'll be fine. I'm sure she's not that bad either, when they said T was 10 months mentally I felt sick but it's just a number.

Thomas is his favourite ;)

Well that wasn't bad as I thought. The physical therapist was nice and Hayley liked her. The speech therapist couldn't make it :(. We will be doing physical therapy once a week for an hr and speech therapy twice a month with the First Steps program. We will also be doing outpatient therapy at Cardnil Hill (if they will hurry up with the freakin referrals) :dohh: This is going to be a scheduling nightmare. Oh well my baby girl is getting the help she needs, finally! :happydance:

As far as the assessment goes, the type Hayley took doesn't give a developmental age like what T got. They said this is because Hayley already has an established risk with the CP diagnosis. Also the lady didn't bring the copy of the report but said mine was in the mail. Grr. And hubby has the keys to the dang post box so I can't check the mail till he gets home. :wacko: I want that report! She said it will show things Hayley is doing and what her peers are doing so we know what to work on.

It's quiet in here laddies. I suppose everyone is busy with their kiddos :hugs:

My referrals went through to get Hayley into outpatient therapy at a nearby rehabilitation hospital :happydance: Warm water pools, horse therapy, and awesome facilities here we come :happydance: there is a waiting list for some services though. I'll be calling today to schedule ;)

That sounds really great Essie.

It has gone really quiet-we're busy with being back at school.

We are still waiting for Esther's next lot of speech therapy. It's really annoying me now. How can their be any continuity if there is 4 or 5 months between sessions!!!
Esther's settled into having an extra session at Playschool. The only issue we have with her is that the SENco has another girl (she is autistic) now. She's only just started so is clingy. Esther is feeling a bit pushed out. She'll be fine though, once she's used to the new girl. It's not as if she's not had the share the SENco before but last year all the children with special needs started at the same time so she didn't know any different!

Back to school here too. Jack is loving pre-school though and it really helps that they are both at the same school. Speech is progressing but seems to be stalling again, next assessment due 9th October and no SLT until then :( We too are in the "6 week block ages off" scenario too Rach...just want him to seem to have someone else prioritising him too, surely they could be better organised?

morning sickness is kicking my ass... and Gabriel insists on doing everything he's not supposed to. like trying to climb my curtains, throw the laptop on the floor, empty the garbage on the floor, get into the cat box/ toilet/etc... where did my ready going toddler go? it's been about a week of non stop tantrums.

we also decided to list our Condo for sale in a week or so. we have to do a major clutter removal, and a super clean...

Sorry been quiet. Im suffering with PGP pain so badly now. My work has been asked to make reasonable adjustments but it looks likely I'll just be off work entirely soon which has been hard on DD who just wants Mummy to play on the floor with her like usual and doesnt understand why a leg kicking competition laying on my back isn't filling me with joy as it is for her ;)

She's growing so fast and her understanding is really coming on. She said her first 4 word sentence a couple of days ago! (Say byebye to Jojo) In the correct context etc. And now she's learnt the sign for food she's signing for it all the time. Youd think she was starving lol!

Hope the morning sickness isn't going too badly bumpin2012! It's hard with a little one isn't it!

Well that wasn't bad as I thought. The physical therapist was nice and Hayley liked her. The speech therapist couldn't make it :(. We will be doing physical therapy once a week for an hr and speech therapy twice a month with the First Steps program. We will also be doing outpatient therapy at Cardnil Hill (if they will hurry up with the freakin referrals) :dohh: This is going to be a scheduling nightmare. Oh well my baby girl is getting the help she needs, finally! :happydance:

As far as the assessment goes, the type Hayley took doesn't give a developmental age like what T got. They said this is because Hayley already has an established risk with the CP diagnosis. Also the lady didn't bring the copy of the report but said mine was in the mail. Grr. And hubby has the keys to the dang post box so I can't check the mail till he gets home. :wacko: I want that report! She said it will show things Hayley is doing and what her peers are doing so we know what to work on.

Oh dear about the speech therapist :( Glad the rest went ok though. Did you get the report?

It's quiet in here laddies. I suppose everyone is busy with their kiddos :hugs:

My referrals went through to get Hayley into outpatient therapy at a nearby rehabilitation hospital :happydance: Warm water pools, horse therapy, and awesome facilities here we come :happydance: there is a waiting list for some services though. I'll be calling today to schedule ;)

That sounds awesome! Did you get a date set up?

That sounds really great Essie.

It has gone really quiet-we're busy with being back at school.

We are still waiting for Esther's next lot of speech therapy. It's really annoying me now. How can their be any continuity if there is 4 or 5 months between sessions!!!
Esther's settled into having an extra session at Playschool. The only issue we have with her is that the SENco has another girl (she is autistic) now. She's only just started so is clingy. Esther is feeling a bit pushed out. She'll be fine though, once she's used to the new girl. It's not as if she's not had the share the SENco before but last year all the children with special needs started at the same time so she didn't know any different!

I so understand!! Thomas had his last SALT appointment on June 18th. They then decided he's go into non signing group session. I rang them to see what's going on and they don't know when they'll start these sessions??? Really? It's been 3 months now and TBH I'd be surprised if we get a date before Christmas!

Bless Esther :hugs: I hope she's not feeling pushed out now.

Back to school here too. Jack is loving pre-school though and it really helps that they are both at the same school. Speech is progressing but seems to be stalling again, next assessment due 9th October and no SLT until then :( We too are in the "6 week block ages off" scenario too Rach...just want him to seem to have someone else prioritising him too, surely they could be better organised?

Glad he's enjoying pre-school :hugs: Hope the assessment goes well, seems so far away doesn't it.

morning sickness is kicking my ass... and Gabriel insists on doing everything he's not supposed to. like trying to climb my curtains, throw the laptop on the floor, empty the garbage on the floor, get into the cat box/ toilet/etc... where did my ready going toddler go? it's been about a week of non stop tantrums.

we also decided to list our Condo for sale in a week or so. we have to do a major clutter removal, and a super clean...

Poor you :hugs: MS with a toddler ust be hard :( Good luck with selling your Condo... though I don't even know what that is :haha: is it a house on the beach

Sorry been quiet. Im suffering with PGP pain so badly now. My work has been asked to make reasonable adjustments but it looks likely I'll just be off work entirely soon which has been hard on DD who just wants Mummy to play on the floor with her like usual and doesnt understand why a leg kicking competition laying on my back isn't filling me with joy as it is for her ;)

She's growing so fast and her understanding is really coming on. She said her first 4 word sentence a couple of days ago! (Say byebye to Jojo) In the correct context etc. And now she's learnt the sign for food she's signing for it all the time. Youd think she was starving lol!

Hope the morning sickness isn't going too badly bumpin2012! It's hard with a little one isn't it!

Oh poor you Feathers! That sounds really painful :( Well done DD that's fab that she has a 4 word sentence! The signing is great too, is she a bottomless pit or is it just the excitement of learning something new?

I've been AWOL too, sorry. Been a bit busy and now I have a cold :( yesterday was really rough. Feeling a bit more human today though.

Welfare Rights came to the house yesterday and now we're in the process of collecting all the evidence we need for the DLA claim. I'm nervous, I know it will be a no first time round.

T has lost all his words including the favourite uh oh... I'll be honest girls I do worry he has autism.

Sequeena: a condo is an apartment that you own, you pay a small monthly fee that takes care of all maintenance, and future repairs. basically hubby and I own 1/50 of an apartment building... Lol. it's a great set up without kids, but now that we're going to have 2, we need a yard!

Could he be just going through a phase? Like he just doesn't want to and is exerting his toddler right to be stubborn?

Feathers: yay for a full sentence! that's fantastic!

Ohhh I see, yes I can see why you're selling it!

I don't know what's up with him, I can't help but worry :( whatever happens though I know it'll be fine, I just hate the unknown.

T is watching disney junior now. I want to get him out but I'm still recovering and don't have much energy :(

Hi ladies.

In pre op with DD getting ready for surgery :( I really don't want to let her go........... Ugh. This is hard.

Girls :hugs: to everyone. Will reply in length soon. Sequeena it's hard not to worry. And your right it will be ok ;)

Hi ladies.

In pre op with DD getting ready for surgery :( I really don't want to let her go........... Ugh. This is hard.

She's getting her tubes today? Good luck, she'll be fine :hugs: you will worry though but don't sit around. Go to the canteen, get a coffee and something to eat.

Yeah she's getting tubes in her ears today. In about 20 min to be exact. :wacko: Can't wait to get my baby home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->