Developmental disorders/learning disabilities/genetic syndromes & more support group

We've been ntnp since last December but mainly NOT trying. I want another but I think I need to wait a few months. DDs' therapy is just starting and it's going to be intensive. Plus surgery for tubes on the 18th and the helmet thing on the 25th....... It's going to be a busy month.

fair enough. Im still thinking im nuts for doing this so soon, and Gabriel does not have the gameplan that Hailey does (sorry if I spelled that wrong :S)

I won't be joining you this month. OH working nights means no time for any naughty stuff.

Thomas picked up a toy car earlier and said car. Could he coincidence but I think he knows the word :cloud9:

Bumpin I'm sure you will be great with 2. You have experience already on your side ;) DH said tonight that if we get to have a boy he has to name him Gabriel. He said that every guy he meets that has that name is a nice, interesting guy :haha: I was thinking, "Thank God!" I'm just not down with the whole Jr thing :rofl:

Yay Thomas! Clever little man. Lets do the new word dance :happydance: Oh Yeah! :happydance: Little boys and cars, inseparable :haha: Hayley is trying to say "book" now. She can't do the oo sound though so it sounds a little odd. But bless'em they are trying. :hugs:

So I found a place close by that does hippotherapy! Horse therapy basically. I'm so excited. They work through the rehab hospital that I'm trying to get Hayley into :happydance: Physical, Speech and Occupational therapy using equine therapists. Yay! What little girl doesn't love a pony ;)

Essie that sounds awesome, Hayley will definitely love that!

Go Hayley trying to say book! :dance:

That sucks about the night shifts sequeena. How long will he be on nights?

https://www.ckrh.org/overview.htm

Here's the website to the hippotherapy place if you got some time to burn. It looks really nice.

That sucks about the night shifts sequeena. How long will he be on nights?

This is his last week thankfully :) He'll be off Friday and Saturday then days Sunday. He has to do nights periodically though. He runs the department and needs to cover shifts when night guys are on holiday.

Oh man. Switching over from nights to days, days to nights is rough. I used to have to do that a lot when I was a 911 dispatcher. It got so bad that I couldn't sleep at all and had to take Ambien. Poor guy.

Oh he has no trouble switching don't worry, he sleeps as long as he likes which is pretty damn annoying!

Nope, he's awake, lying quietly beside me though which is a relief.

:rofl: How can men do that!? DH is like that to. He can sleep anywhere, anytime. Wtf!

Aww little night owl :). Give him a cuddle for me.

I don't mind working night shifts ( I'm actually working one now) :haha: just waiting for my patient to arrive from another icu.

Essie: the hippotherapy sounds awesome!

oh, and I love the name Gabriel ( obviously) it was the ONLY name we could agree on while I was pregnant. we have already disagreed on every suggested name for this bean, other than to call it " bug" until it's birth... I don't think that's a realistic first name though...

Bumpin what do you do? Job wise :) I used to work nights exclusively when I was pregnant with DD. I liked it a lot. But that switching shifts stuff gets me down.

I thought so sequeena. Y'all are 5hrs ahead of us here. Hayley starts winding down at 10 ish and is usually asleep by 11.

She just said "book" almost perfect! :happydance: She said it real slow, like "booook" HA! A new word! Put that on your "evaluation" First Step ladies. :p

I knew she understood the word book because she will look at her books when I say it. She adores cardboard books. And bath. She will jump up and down if I ask if she wants to get in the bath. I'm so proud of her. She's working so hard on new stuff :cloud9:

I'm dreading this helmet stuff. She hates to have her head messed with. Not to mention with the way she head butts I'm afraid we are basically giving her a weapon :haha: I really hope she tolerates it.

https://growingupwithadisability.blogspot.com/2008/02/for-parents-my-cerebral-palsy.html?m=1

Found this blog done by a young man with CP. I love his point of view. He talks about therapy being boring when he got older and how his parents kept him interested in working at it. It's worth a read if anyone has an extra min.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->