Developmental disorders/learning disabilities/genetic syndromes & more support group

Tegans Mama :hi: Goodness you do have a lot to manage. It's worth every second to see our little one's happy and progressing though. Will your DD be getting glasses soon? We have to do 4 months worth of patching before we find out if Hayley gets them. Keep fighting the good fight mama ;) it's hard not to get beat down by the worry. :hugs:

:happydance: YAY! Wtg T for doing the shape sorter. That's great. I've been trying so hard to get Hayley todo them. She will push them through if I start them but cant seem to line them up on her own. Or she will just start banging and clashing the whole set around. :haha: That's usually when she's had enough.

Awww T is a fellow Virgo. You are going to have your hand's full there ;). My mom says Virgos are the most stubborn people :haha: Poor kiddo having to go to appointments on his birthday :( Mabey he will get extra prizes. ;) Hayley had her dentist appointment today and she had no cavities so I let her have extra sweets today :haha: Plus she got a lollipop and a toy at the dentist.

We are also waiting on an in home evaluation of DD. They said it could be up to 6 weeks :( Her neurology appointment got pushed back as well to the 19th of August. Ughh I hate waiting.

Hehe I just realized Tegan and Thomas are both celebrating birthdays this month. :)

Sequeena, if you don't mind me asking, what's hypoplasia? Lol. What I Googled just confused me :wacko:

Thomas is a leo, same as his dad (same day :haha:) :D

Hypoplasia is just a term for something that's underdeveloped. T has a hypoplastic thumb. His hand grew 2 thumbs (one almost complete, one a fleshy digit with a nail) so when the digit was removed they realised his other thumb hadn't quite developed as it should because it had grown 2 thumbs.

Yay for a good dentist appointment! T just had one too for his jaw (misaligned) turns out it was the dummy :dohh: but thankfully his dentist is very understanding and said it'll fix itself.

Waiting for appointments to come through or having them pushed back is a pain :dohh:

Thomas has lots of presents for his birthday and we'll probably buy him something whilst we're out :rofl:

Well we had Thomas' report for his Ruth Griffith test through today. He's developmentally 10.8 months old. It sounds worse than what it is. He'll be ok with help.

A cope of the report was sent to the man in charge of special needs schools etc in the area. That has to be a good thing right?

Aww how sweet he was his dads birthday present. That's adorable. I think it is a good thing his report is being sent up. They will have info on Thomas that will help them develop learning tools and therapy's for him. That's kind of how it works over here to. Once the evaluation report is done.

I've been in contact with a speech therapist friend of my sister in law. She recommended this website Teachmetotalk.com There's a ton of good info on there and the therapist said you don't need to buy the products. My sister in law is an elementary school teacher and a dang good one at that. She contacted some of her friends concerning Hayley and the occupational therapist suspects she has hypotonia. I'm still waiting on a physical therapist to contact me back but I'm starting to really worry about cerebral palsy now. I'm still waiting for a professional evaluator to come see her but her ASQ score was really low in gross and fine motor. :(

Thanks for the link essie I'll take a look.

:hugs: hope she hasn't got cerebral palsy :(

How's T doing? Hayleys getting more teeth, she's chewing anything that doesn't move and is pretty grumpy. Her legs seem tired and achy to :( Gave her a massage yesterday and almost put her to sleep in the process. I think she has a bit of a cold to. She's congested....again. The speech therapist friend recommended taking her to an ENT (Ear Nose and Throat) doctor as well getting a hearing test. I'm hoping that will help to bring her speech around.

How's T doing? Hayleys getting more teeth, she's chewing anything that doesn't move and is pretty grumpy. Her legs seem tired and achy to :( Gave her a massage yesterday and almost put her to sleep in the process. I think she has a bit of a cold to. She's congested....again. The speech therapist friend recommended taking her to an ENT (Ear Nose and Throat) doctor as well getting a hearing test. I'm hoping that will help to bring her speech around.

Oh bless her :( T went to ENT too and had a hearing test. They found he has glue ear which no doubt affects his speech.

He's ok thanks, still teething. Nothing new happening with him really though at the park he managed to go down the slide by himself :)

I saw a little girl yesterday that was probably 5 months younger than Hayley doing tons of things that I haven't seen Hayley do yet. My heart sank :( This is starting to get scary.

Aww. Was he proud of himself for managing the slide? Hayleys learning the light switches. She will turn them on or off if i ask :) She laughs herself silly when she gets it right.

Aww. Was he proud of himself for managing the slide? Hayleys learning the light switches. She will turn them on or off if i ask :) She laughs herself silly when she gets it right.

He didn't seem to be, he just got up and walked off :rofl: how cute that Hayley does that!

So with the glue ear does he have to have grommets? Hayley had a bought with ear infection in both ears a couple months ago but her ears cleared up according to her regular pediatrician. I'm wondering if she may have this as well.

So with the glue ear does he have to have grommets? Hayley had a bought with ear infection in both ears a couple months ago but her ears cleared up according to her regular pediatrician. I'm wondering if she may have this as well.

It depends, if the glue ear clears up he won't need them. Has she only had ear infections once? T's had a few, glue ear is usually because of recurring infection x

Aww that's funny that he was unimpressed with his new sliding ability :haha:

She had one at 2 months old that cleared up quickly. Then about 3 months ago she had one that lingered through a whole months worth of antibiotics.

She may or may not have glue ear, she'd have to have a hearing test and a bone density test thing (forgotten the actual name).

So DD has another ear infection. I believe this going undiagnosed by a lot of her regular pediatricians, on purpose, because of the new guidelines about ear infections and creating "super bugs". Waiting on a referral to the ENT. I'm sure this is contributing to her delays. She had a really high fever today 103.7 and could barely stand :(. Before she got sick again she was making some progress. She's learning body parts and will stick a sticker on my nose when I ask. Little turkey won't point to your nose but will sure try to cram a sticker up there. :haha: I think her receptive language is pretty good, she understands a lot.

How's T doing? I love the new avatar pic!! He looks so happy!

Tegans mama how is little Tegan doing?? Hope you all are getting along well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->